Arbroath FC vs Heart Of Midlothian

Lasts seasons surprise Championship overperformers vs last season’s disasterous underperformers this is the first time these clubs have met in the league’s since 1980 when Jim Jefferies captained Hearts to second tier title and Arbroath were relegated to the 3rd tier

With starkly contrasting fortunes in their opening games, conventional thinking would suggest that Hearts should have few problems dealing with Arbroath but Dundee united probably said the same thing before hosting the red Lichties in January

I can't quite remember where Arbroath sit on the Backstabbers and Traitors Index, so I'll just assume that we absolutely despise these c***s.

Anyway, I hate playing teams that have just taken a doing because it feels like they usually tighten up and get a result in their next game. Arbroath surely won't play into our hands like Dundee did, but we need to start the game with the same pace and intensity as we did last night. If we play like we did last week against Cowdenbeath when they parked the bus and we just slowly moved the ball from side to side then we'll struggle big time.

Haring and Halliday in from the start hopefully.

Gordon

Smith Halkett Popescu Kingsley

Haring Halliday

Ginnelly Walker Roberts

Boyce

8 hours ago, DC92 said:

I can't quite remember where Arbroath sit on the Backstabbers and Traitors Index, so I'll just assume that we absolutely despise these c***s.

Anyway, I hate playing teams that have just taken a doing because it feels like they usually tighten up and get a result in their next game. Arbroath surely won't play into our hands like Dundee did, but we need to start the game with the same pace and intensity as we did last night. If we play like we did last week against Cowdenbeath when they parked the bus and we just slowly moved the ball from side to side then we'll struggle big time.

Gordon

Haring Halliday

Ginnelly Walker Roberts

Boyce

With the fact we have Hibs the week after and there being next to no chance of Haring and Halliday being fully match fit for that game, I think we'll stick with Lee and Irving tbh and try to get everyone firing for the cup game.  

And while he'll probably not start, I expect to see Naismith get a good run out for the same reason.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

With the fact we have Hibs the week after and there being next to no chance of Haring and Halliday being fully match fit for that game, I think we'll stick with Lee and Irving tbh and try to get everyone firing for the cup game.  

And while he'll probably not start, I expect to see Naismith get a good run out for the same reason.

We'll need those two to be as match fit as possible for Hibs. Irving and Lee is not an acceptable midfield pairing against a half-decent team because they'll punish us for being as soft-centred as we were the other night.

2 hours ago, DC92 said:

We'll need those two to be as match fit as possible for Hibs. Irving and Lee is not an acceptable midfield pairing against a half-decent team because they'll punish us for being as soft-centred as we were the other night.

They'll need multiple games to be close to their best, I just can't see Robbie rushing it.  

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

They'll need multiple games to be close to their best, I just can't see Robbie rushing it.  

Most people didn't expect Haring to play 90 against Raith, or for Boyce or Smith to start against Dundee, but Neilson knew the importance of that game and was always going to play the strongest possible team he possibly could. He'll also know the importance of the Hibs game for his relationship with the fans and I'll be very surprised if we don't start with anyone who can put a foot in in midfield, even if they can only play 60/70 minutes. Halliday especially, since he should be in a similar position fitness-wise to Kingsley.

3 hours ago, DC92 said:

Most people didn't expect Haring to play 90 against Raith, or for Boyce or Smith to start against Dundee, but Neilson knew the importance of that game and was always going to play the strongest possible team he possibly could. He'll also know the importance of the Hibs game for his relationship with the fans and I'll be very surprised if we don't start with anyone who can put a foot in in midfield, even if they can only play 60/70 minutes. Halliday especially, since he should be in a similar position fitness-wise to Kingsley.

Kingsley had a full pre season and played friendlies though, Halliday has a couple of weeks training and about 60 minutes under his belt since March.  And Haring although has the benefit of pre season and more minutes, he's still a long way off his best. 

However, you could be right and we might start one of them, even if it's with the intention of getting an hour out of them and getting a foothold in the game.  If that is the case they'll definitely start against Arbroath you'd think.

I was looking forward to it when it was announced......not so much now...

Haring and haliday will start. Cochrane and Lee on bench. Naysmith will feature as well. 
Hearts will play a 3-5-2 or if you wanna go technical 3-2-3-2 
Looking forward to Friday night again

We really could do with playing anyone but Hearts this week to be honest. Our star captain central defender missing and our left back a massive doubt is going to have us field a makeshift defence against what is a ridiculously strong Hearts squad. 

f**k sake.

On 17/10/2020 at 23:05, DC92 said:

Gordon

Haring Halliday

Ginnelly Walker Roberts

Boyce

om Arbroath website.

“The Arbroath FC Board confirms that they unanimously agreed to vote in favour of the SPFL resolution, which was  to end the current season.”

Destroy, Hearts. 

28 minutes ago, Miko’s Dive said:

om Arbroath website.

“The Arbroath FC Board confirms that they unanimously agreed to vote in favour of the SPFL resolution, which was  to end the current season.”

Destroy, Hearts. 

99 percent sure we were one of the 5 clubs that voted in a way that would’ve benefited Hearts but could be wrong. There was a Kenny Crawford tweet naming them.

Arbroath voted against.

There reasoning was not an agenda against hearts. They voted to get the money released quickly so they could pay staff and concentrate on next season. Same with 80% of the lower league clubs. 

Dundee (the entire city) on the other hand. Along with Kirkcaldy, paisley and Hamilton all can gtf. Same with Dingwall imo only. Others will say different. 

How can a club vote for there bitter city rivals to be promoted?!!