Queen of the South vs Raith Rovers, 24/10/2020

Given its fitba, you can pretty much say that in any game!
[mention=1702]Mr X[/mention], do I correctly understand that while the stream starts 30 minutes before kickoff, you can login and connect prior to that? I just want to be early enough to avoid the inevitable slow joining issues that seem endemic across the Championship.

Last two games I've logged on around half an hour before kick off. It's been live then, just showing the players warming up. The commentators take over shortly before kick off. I haven't had any issues so far. It was at the end of the last stream where I encountered some small problems.

Last two games I've logged on around half an hour before kick off. It's been live then, just showing the players warming up. The commentators take over shortly before kick off. I haven't had any issues so far. It was at the end of the last stream where I encountered some small problems.
Just a case of a quick refresh and the issues were sorted?

37 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Given its fitba, you can pretty much say that in any game!

@Mr X, do I correctly understand that while the stream starts 30 minutes before kickoff, you can login and connect prior to that? I just want to be early enough to avoid the inevitable slow joining issues that seem endemic across the Championship.

You can login now if you like! If you login before the stream starts, which might be early than half past, you might need to reload the page to connect.

Please, please, please can we not relive the last home game? Please and thank you

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's a nice piece, but I'm not having it that Dykes saved Queens.

Had he been capable of scoring goals on an even infrequent basis, we wouldn't have been in such difficulty.

Jeez MT gie the lad a break ...... you never heard of young players developing/improving with experience?  Or do you expect the finished article from the outset?

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's a nice piece, but I'm not having it that Dykes saved Queens.

Had he been capable of scoring goals on an even infrequent basis, we wouldn't have been in such difficulty.

It may or may not be coincidence that we had a different manager in the play-offs.

Just a case of a quick refresh and the issues were sorted?
Pretty much until the very end. By that point it was the last couple of penalties and I gave up trying to get the picture back. The first stream worked perfectly so hopefully there aren't any issues tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

If Lyndon Dykes saved a family of 4 from drowning in a sinking car you'd be on here criticising him for not going back to save their dog! He's clearly referring to an individual playoff game, not an entire season.

I don't think he did "save" us anyway in that there's no particular evidence that we would have lost the game without him, but anyone who watched that game couldn't fail to acknowledge he completely dominated it. He scored one, forced another own goal, struck the post and generally terrorised Rovers backline all night.

So now you're advocating neglecting drowning dogs?  Jeez, that's low.

Citing the one off the post as to his credit takes some doing.  It was a sitter and converting it would have put the tie completely out of Raith's reach.

I see:
JMac
Tumilty, Davo, Bene, KMac
Armstrong, Hendry, Matthews
Tait, Duku, Ross

Musonda on for Tumilty at 60, Smith for Duku at 75 (unless Ugwu is available), Mendy on for Davo at 75.

Three subs? You’re mad!

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Jeez MT gie the lad a break ...... you never heard of young players developing/improving with experience?  Or do you expect the finished article from the outset?

Not at all.

He's clearly made giant strides since leaving us.  Fair play to him.  

30 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

So now you're advocating neglecting drowning dogs?  Jeez, that's low.

Citing the one off the post as to his credit takes some doing.  It was a sitter and converting it would have put the tie completely out of Raith's reach.

He should have scored. It's further evidence of the way he ragdolled them all night though. You'd prefer to focus on him missing one than on him scoring two (he was effectively entirely the cause of the own goal). It's not a surprise. 🤷‍♀️

18 minutes ago, Jan mosniack said:

I’m with MT on this one. The guy never gave any less than 100% with Queens but his finishing was woeful. Delighted to see how much he has ‘kicked on’.

He's 'kicked on' partly because he has improved his game a bit with age and experience, but otherwise the only significant change is he played further forward and asthe focus of attack at Livi and now QPR and Scotland. He was never that here. He had a far more prolific partner and he tended to look for him than go for goal himself. If we hadn't had Dobbie playing alongside him Dykes would have taken on more himself.

He's not a prolific natural finisher and he never will be. I don't think he's significantly better at finishing now than he was 3 years ago. He just gets in the position to have the final effort at goal more often. He has always had some spectacular goals in him (see Hibs away, Raith away, Montrose at home, etc). Looking at Dykes number of goals at QoS and Livingston in isolation somewhat misses the point (he's also become penalty taker at Lvingston and QPR which he never was here which also clouds it).

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He should have scored. It's further evidence of the way he ragdolled them all night though. You'd prefer to focus on him missing one than on him scoring two (he was effectively entirely the cause of the own goal). It's not a surprise. 🤷‍♀️

I hadn't realised my remit was to surprise.

My views tend to be consistent, as do yours in fairness.

There are posters, however, who if Callum Antell somehow became a success, would insist that it was clear he destined for stardom when with us.

He should have scored. It's further evidence of the way he ragdolled them all night though. You'd prefer to focus on him missing one than on him scoring two (he was effectively entirely the cause of the own goal). It's not a surprise. [emoji2368]

Is he not essentially your highest transfer fee just due to the sell on clause? That on top of keeping you in the championship with a couple of solid performances makes it baffling any queen's fan would argue against his contribution to the club.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Is he not essentially your highest transfer fee just due to the sell on clause? That on top of keeping you in the championship with a couple of solid performances makes it baffling any queen's fan would argue against his contribution to the club.

Not yet, no. He has the potential to more or less equal the Andy Thomson transfer in 1994 (£255,000) ultimately but that depends on a few incentive clauses. He's our 2nd highest already though.

He also played every minute of every game that season (and we played 52 games) until being subbed off 5 mins from the end of that 1st leg, a season in which his partner broke an 80 odd year old scoring record by scoring 43 goals in a season. Dykes was a massive part of that but people moan that he only got 11 himself and if he'd scored a couple more we wouldn't have been in the playoffs! Our problems weren't at that end of the pitch!

I hadn't realised my remit was to surprise.
My views tend to be consistent, as do yours in fairness.

There are posters, however, who if Callum Antell somehow became a success, would insist that it was clear he destined for stardom when with us.

Too far re Callum Antell unless the stardom is unrelated to professional football.

1 hour ago, RRFC1989 said:

You’re most surprised about 3 subs? I’m more curious to see where Vaughan is.

Agreed, but I’m not sure he’s really fully ready. I simply named the three subs that would be used, not the whole group riding the pine. If Vaughan is really ready for limited action, I’d certainly see him for Ross at the 60-75 mark. It was great to see him play the other day, but I’m also happy to wait another couple of games to let him get back up to game speed.