Queen of the South vs Raith Rovers, 24/10/2020

The stream was absolutely fine for me. QotS TV were superb with the commentary: more impartial than your regular club commentators (albeit Raith TV give a relatively balanced view too). Only issue for me was audio in the second half but it wasn't a huge problem. 

Commentators were terrific. Enjoyed them more than the Raith TV guys if we’re being honest. I had point where I refreshed which I think coincided with the audio f**k up. As you say not a massive issue. Thought the picture quality could have been slightly better too but that could be at my end and I’m splitting hairs on that point.

I don’t feel quite as bad after watching the highlights as I did @4.45 yesterday. 
The second Raith goal was very fortunate, McKee winning the header and planting it straight on to the strikers head and beyond Ferguson. We had some great chances in the second half that a combination of poor finishing, woodwork and clearances off the line made the scoreline a little wider than the play possibly deserved. The first half was pretty much one way traffic for the majority so on the whole we probably didn’t deserve anything points wise but 5-2 was a bit flattering for Raith.

We badly need at least two centre backs in, if Ayo wants to play some football I wouldn’t be totally against seeing him moving in to a deep lying midfield role which in turn might give us some some badly needed bite in there. Given how little bite he showed yesterday at centre half I’m not so sure It would work. McKee and McCabe as a pairing doesn’t work so let’s not ever make that mistake again, Pybus adds a bit more energy but zero quality on the ball. 

Looking like a long  season ahead. 

Edited by Broony88

9 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Almost certainly any problems with the stream buffering were created by problems with the recipients device rather than the broadcaster. We've got your tenner anyway mate, so couldn't care if your screen was blank. 

Getting the 3 points was more important than a measly tenner  wont even notice missing that.

Credit where it’s due as always, Queens TV was excellent, the only time I had to refresh was the start of the 2nd half where the volume didn’t pull through. Other than that it was bang on. Nice one!

Delighted with the win & the scoreline. But 2nd half I would go as far to say we were shite, every time Queens had a corner they were winning the header, seemed like we were statues in there, not sure what it was! The long ball punt thing we done for the first 20mins of the 2nd half just continually invited the pressure - was murder to watch! 4-2 came, and I thought that’s it, we’ll get our foot back on it playing football, but there was just a sense of we’re holding on to this - was strange! Hoping KMac isn’t too badly injured, haven’t watched any post match stuff yet.

Queens commentator nailed it at the end, we deserved the win, but the scoreline flattered us.

6/6 happy days!

17 hours ago, QOSQOS said:

Have to say I’m not wholly convinced by Ferguson yet. Couldn’t blame him for all 5 but could have done better with some?

100%  this.

None of the goals were down to howlers on his part, but I thought he looked really poor.  I though he was slow to react to the first half goals, and should maybe have got a stronger hand on the second of them.

The fourth goal goes in bizarrely.  Obviously, the attacker gets in ridiculously easily, but the finish just drifts past the 'keeper gently, but somehow goes right in the middle.  His positioning looked poor for the fifth too, although again only an outfield mistake created the situation.

We're clearly dreadful at the back all round, but I fear once more that our goalkeeper is an integral part of that.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

100%  this.

None of the goals were down to howlers on his part, but I thought he looked really poor.  I though he was slow to react to the first half goals, and should maybe have got a stronger hand on the second of them.

The fourth goal goes in bizarrely.  Obviously, the attacker gets in ridiculously easily, but the finish just drifts past the 'keeper gently, but somehow goes right in the middle.  His positioning looked poor for the fifth too, although again only an outfield mistake created the situation.

We're clearly dreadful at the back all round, but I fear once more that our goalkeeper is an integral part of that.

The fifth goal is embarrassing from Ferguson after Ayos howler. He obviously expects the attacker to go across the goal but he kind of in shitebag style Manages to make himself paper thin, turns side on and sticks a foot out. 

Edited by Broony88

2 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

The fifth goal is embarrassing from Ferguson after Ayos howler. He obviously expects the attacker to go across the goal but he kind of in shitebag style Manages to make himself paper thin, turns side on and sticks a foot out. 

Yes, he certainly didn't make himself big. 

He looked like an outfield player serving a stint in goals due to injury.

Losing our left back followed by our left forward undoubtedly had an impact on our performance start of the second half. That’s a game we’d have drawn or lost a few seasons ago - 100%. Seen us do it v Dumbarton about 3 times!
The good news is MacDonald has just said he went off due to a right hamstring and should be fine.

36 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

We clearly did much better 2nd half but the reality is Raith could/should have scored 5 or 6 in the first half.

And we could have scored 9 in the second. Three, maybe four, of those were half chances but two were cleared off the line and one hit the bar.

Raith were the better team, particularly in the first half when they looked a yard sharper, quicker to the ball and much hungrier. There shouldnt have been three goals in it and had we taken more chances and not gifted some of Raiths goals for them there wouldnt have been. 

Either way we didnt deserve to lose by three but we didnt deserve to take anything from the game either

Highlights for this week. Thanks to QoS for supplying us with the footage. 

Those goals really are absolutely awful from our point of view. First one, McCabe fails to track his man but I'd blame Buchanan almost as much. He's marking no one. You could argue his man is Duku but he's nowhere near him either. That ball could have just as easily ended in the net if it was passed to the right. Second goal, McKee (for the second week running) fails to mark his man and it's a free header. Third, McCabe looks like he should be tracking him again and once more Buchanan is in no man's land. Trying to play the offside trap or just couldn't be fucked running anymore. Appalling regardless. The fourth is possibly the worst on of the lot. The midfield is nonexistent and the closest man in the middle of the park to the attacker is our RB ffs! Ayo takes all the credit for no. 5. Just atrocious defensively but not all down to the actual defenders. The midfield need to start doing their job correctly as well.

46 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
12 hours ago, Roath Raver said:
Highlights for this week. Thanks to QoS for supplying us with the footage. 

Those goals really are absolutely awful from our point of view. First one, McCabe fails to track his man but I'd blame Buchanan almost as much. He's marking no one. You could argue his man is Duku but he's nowhere near him either. That ball could have just as easily ended in the net if it was passed to the right. Second goal, McKee (for the second week running) fails to mark his man and it's a free header. Third, McCabe looks like he should be tracking him again and once more Buchanan is in no man's land. Trying to play the offside trap or just couldn't be fucked running anymore. Appalling regardless. The fourth is possibly the worst on of the lot. The midfield is nonexistent and the closest man in the middle of the park to the attacker is our RB ffs! Ayo takes all the credit for no. 5. Just atrocious defensively but not all down to the actual defenders. The midfield need to start doing their job correctly as well.

Looking back at the fourth and you're correct, it's an utter gift for Dylan Tait.

Queens don't have so much as a back line there but three defenders and a wing back. Tumilty put the ball in for Spencer who had so much time to turn 180 and look up to pick a pass. Nortey is well out of position and there's acres of space for Tait to move into as Gibson is still well ahead of the central defenders. Ferguson doesn't cover himself in much glory either as the ball seems to go right down the middle. It's a well timed run from Tait but the most of it was of Queen's own making. 

RRFCQOS4.PNG