Queen of the South vs Raith Rovers, 24/10/2020

15 hours ago, Mr X said:

Pretty sure the two things are linked

Noticed a similar stuttering on the RaithTV feed, in certain circumstances only, timed to match chat updates, so it’s a good bet. I suspect it’s another reception issue, in that case particular being the TV’s chip set not keeping up with appearances, so to speak.

On the QoS stream, do you have to register and then buy a game, or is it a single purchase without registration? Do they email you a link or password? 

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Noticed a similar stuttering on the RaithTV feed, in certain circumstances only, timed to match chat updates, so it’s a good bet. I suspect it’s another reception issue, in that case particular being the TV’s chip set not keeping up with appearances, so to speak.

On the QoS stream, do you have to register and then buy a game, or is it a single purchase without registration? Do they email you a link or password? 

Nothing to do with the TV

Register then buy the game. You'll get a password emailed to you, then login, purchase and straight in. The password will then work for future games (and ParsTV games too)

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Register then buy the game. You'll get a password emailed to you, then login, purchase and straight in. The password will then work for future games (and ParsTV games too)

That explanation has me paying twice, a nice and cunning plan! Great news that QoS and Pars TV save me creating yet another password to forget!

Edited by TxRover

20 hours ago, Messi Scott said:

Well I did tell you that QoS had signed 2 haddies at the back, looks like I was right. You’re definitely on course for a relegation battle 

You know, I do believe that we are beginning to comprehend your opinion of QOS here - good of you to keep reminding us though, excellent work ....

ParsTv went without a hitch yesterday, good service with replays etc. We use the same servers? Or the websites are linked with the service QoTS are offering so it seems to be going well. Wouldn't have any reservations about paying the tenner. 

4 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

You know, I do believe that we are beginning to comprehend your opinion of QOS here - good of you to keep reminding us though, excellent work ....

You lot still seem to be very touchy about anyone who points out how poor your signings are, you don’t just have an issue with me

On 18/10/2020 at 00:11, 19QOS19 said:

Our first stream was excellent. The second one did have some issues but was still decent. Sadly it cut out for me and some others at the last couple of penalties against Partick. Hopefully we avoid going to penalties against Rovers and this doesn't happen again. It has been £10 up until now and I'm sure it's to be that price all season. They have added a live chat feature which was prompt the other night when I used it. TL;DR, for £10 it's worth the gamble as it's been more good than bad.

FWIW he's been at us all pre-season and no one truly believes he's a Raith fan. He's clearly some loser who was rejected by QoS as a youth and has sadly (for you) attached himself as a Raith 'fan'.

I reckon Messi Scott supports a very bitter team, with a penchant for vengeance against the clubs that relegated them

On 18/10/2020 at 13:02, Jilted John said:

Gutted at not getting to this. I do enjoy a trip to Dumfries. One of my favourite away days.

You could always drive down to Dumfries and stream it there. 

I think I'll buy the stream for this one after Saturday. There's a lot of talk about Dobbie but after that play off I'm just relieved that Dykes isn't playing for them anymore. 

ParsTv went without a hitch yesterday, good service with replays etc. We use the same servers? Or the websites are linked with the service QoTS are offering so it seems to be going well. Wouldn't have any reservations about paying the tenner. 

I’d pay a tenner to watch someone film the game on their mobile phone from behind the goals. Anything better than that is a bonus!

I was surprised to see the Rovers priced as (marginal) favourites for this one earlier. I don't necessarily disagree, and maybe home advantage ain't want it used to be, but the bookies seem to be giving up on Queens very early. I could maybe understand it if you'd been hammered by Ayr, but by all accounts it was a fairly even game and their keeper was a standout.

Does that pricing feel right? I'm not so sure. 

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I was surprised to see the Rovers priced as (marginal) favourites for this one earlier. I don't necessarily disagree, and maybe home advantage ain't want it used to be, but the bookies seem to be giving up on Queens very early. I could maybe understand it if you'd been hammered by Ayr, but by all accounts it was a fairly even game and their keeper was a standout.

I'm interested to see what Queens are like. They've brought in Nortey and Obileye from down south where I'd imagine it'll be similar to us with Duku and Musonda in that nobody will have a clue what they were like. Gozie and Obileye both played for Ebbsfleet last season so there's a link there! 

Aside from Dobbie, Fitzpatrick got rave reviews from the Partick fans prior to going to Norwich. Shields was a nuisance for Albion Rovers and had a big part in Trouten scoring so many goals in the season they got relegated. The only other one I can speak with a degree of confidence about is Joe McKee who got the highest number of assists in league one last season I believe. 

5 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

They have read Messi Scott’s critique on our signings and have priced accordingly.

I wouldn't look too much into the bookies pricing at this level. They have minimal interest. They'll have seen both results from Saturday and priced accordingly. To give you an idea of how far behind they are, they had all of last season's players for us against Partick.

I don't know how to call this one. If we play like we did on Saturday and somehow learn to mark then we'll get something. 4 games in we've yet to concede via a team cutting us open.
How much does Queen’s lose with Maxwell out?
He's looked really good going forward and we might lose that side. I expect Gibson will step in which, before a ball was kicked I expect Raith would be pishing themselves laughing at that and QoS fans might have had their head in hands but he has been the surprise so far this season and I really don't have any concerns about him playing there on Saturday.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't know how to call this one. If we play like we did on Saturday and somehow learn to mark then we'll get something. 4 games in we've yet to concede via a team cutting us open.

Wasnt Morton's 2nd absolutely from them 'cutting us open'? It wasnt from a set piece. Guy got in down the left following some nice passing and fired a ball across the face of goal which was turned in with a well timed back post run.