Queen of the South vs Raith Rovers, 24/10/2020

On 26/10/2020 at 12:49, San Starko Rover said:

Hendry looked a real class player at League One and so far looks a standout in the Championship too. I’d love us to have him long term but I wouldn’t be surprised if we receive a bid for him this season as he’s being noticed by other teams fans so you can bet he’s on the Radar of other teams Scouts. When he does move on ☹️ hopefully we can get a good fee with sell on clauses. With Hendry, Tait, Armstrong, Mathews and Ross our midfield is free flowing and great to watch.

Mind when he couldnae get a game under Barry Smith? 😆😆

4 hours ago, Holy Marv said:

It’s not a stroke of luck, it’s incredibly poor defending. He seems to pull out the header and goes for a flick rather than a full on headed clearance. Poor defending with a hint of luck, ‘definitely not and extraordinary stroke of luck’.

Add to that the fact the boy marking him comes up to Duku’s shoulders, I’d be looking at why one of the CBs aren’t tight on him.

I was only kidding.

Of course it's lousy defending, but there's a bit of fortune involved in the way it ricochets into the net.

8 hours ago, Holy Marv said:

It’s not a stroke of luck, it’s incredibly poor defending. He seems to pull out the header and goes for a flick rather than a full on headed clearance. Poor defending with a hint of luck, ‘definitely not and extraordinary stroke of luck’.

Add to that the fact the boy marking him comes up to Duku’s shoulders, I’d be looking at why one of the CBs aren’t tight on him.

To be fair, it's a 2nd ball in. Buchanan has Duku for the initial free kick and does indeed win the ball albeit he doesn't clear it far enough. While everyone else is trying to clear the ball Duku, whether deliberately or not backs away to the back post and gets himself on McKee instead. I'll give him credit and assume he did that deliberately. Obileye is at the other side of the penalty area picking up the area between Davidson and Benedictus. We have a problem lack of height in our squad outside of the centre halves. When the opposition have a big centre forward and their two centre halves are up for a set piece our centre halves physically cannot be touch tight to all three. Somebody much shorter is going to have to mark one of them.

As I've said already whilst there are several errors in the goal, it's churlish to fail to acknowledge Raith got two big breaks in the goal too. Firsly the charge down could have gone anywhere but went straight to Davidson with time to hang up a cross and secondly when McKee effectively headed it onto Duku.

• "HIGHLIGHTS - match highlights will continue to be produce, free of charge, on our QOSTV YouTube channel" - That was the quote on the QOS official site on 28th September 2020.
Not seeing any promise.

It says they will continue to be produced, which they will. But they'll continue to be produced by a volunteer in their free time, as they always have been.

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Not seeing any promise.

It says they will continue to be produced, which they will. But they'll continue to be produced by a volunteer in their free time, as they always have been.

That's some "spin" you've put on the Official Site quote! A politician would be proud of that answer!

1 minute ago, JessieField said:

That's some "spin" you've put on the Official Site quote! A politician would be proud of that answer!

Given that he wrote the original quote on the OS I'm going to assume he doesn't need to "spin" it to explain what it meant. Perhaps it could have been clearer in the first place though. Highlights will be available on the same basis as they were before. They'll be free and produced as and when @MOTD Wannabee has the time. The highlights service has no direct relationship to the streaming service. Highlights of our first two league games are both available free online courtesy of Ayr and Raith anyway.