Queen of the South vs Raith Rovers, 24/10/2020

30 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Well done today - first half you were excellent.

Post covering at set pieces - I have been saying it for months now. We bring back midfielders and forwards who can’t head the ball and who mark “thin air”into our own penalty box week after week. They do nothing but get in the way and the obvious thing to do is stick these “non-headers” on both posts. Don’t know how many more goals we are going to concede from corners before the penny drops.

I think we’ll drop before the penny does.

I thought, when I saw that McKee was going off, that if Queens had someone who could cross a ball they'd still have a chance and do it proved. McKee's crossing was awful any time they had a set piece but the lad McGrory was putting in a great ball in the second half and that put us under a lot of pressure. In turn we started to panic and lump it long instead of playing it through the midfield. Thankfully we did regain some composure which allowed us to close the game out. 

I hope Queens stay up, as long as not at our expense obviously. I said it earlier but the two commentators were excellent considering how the game went. 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If, and it’s possibly the biggest if in Scottish football history, we can keep our squad together and injury free (HAHAHA) I fancy is to have a run at the playoffs.

Clocks go back tonight.

Hard to believe Dylan Tait is only 19. What a gem of a midfielder we’ve got on our hands. Him, Matthews, Hendry, Armstrong, Ross and Duku is a frightening prospect, with Vaughan still to come back in. McGlynn and Smith have put together a cracking squad this season and I’m really excited to see us grow. 

My only thing I’m a wee bit concerned about is players being picked off us by bigger clubs. I hope we’re working on a new contract for Regan Hendry right now. Give him whatever he wants. I’ll double my monthly contribution if we can get him signed up. 

I've made sure to avoid mentioning a certain ex-Queens centre forward in why latest we spiel here

Personally, I'm delighted with todays result. I notice Smith didn't mention about MacDonald post match so hopefully it isn't too bad. It would be a nightmare to lose a key player so early in the season. 

As Hank mentions, Dylan Tait is outstanding. His ability on the ball is fantastic and I think he'll be one to watch over the next few years. Bowie looked a lot more raw, but Tait just looks really assured. Even in his post match interview he just has a degree of confidence which is nice to see. As I said on my piece above, I'm really interested to see how Tait gets on against Charlie Adam if he's playing as a number 10. 

I said to my mates last night that it would be brilliant to pick up a win. To be 6 points ahead of Queens, Alloa and Arbroath is fantastic. History has shown teams can kick on when they're promoted from league 1 up to the championship and it's a shortened season, but next week will give a big indication of where we're at. 

To be honest a fair bit of buffering and it could have been at my end but won't complain to much as we won convincingly but if that's supposed  to be one of the best streaming services god help us. 
Time to upgrade your dial up m8.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
7 minutes ago, Frank conner said:
To be honest a fair bit of buffering and it could have been at my end but won't complain to much as we won convincingly but if that's supposed  to be one of the best streaming services god help us. 

Time to upgrade your dial up m8.

Its you guys living in the sticks tbf

The stream was absolutely fine for me. QotS TV were superb with the commentary: more impartial than your regular club commentators (albeit Raith TV give a relatively balanced view too). Only issue for me was audio in the second half but it wasn't a huge problem. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

40 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Almost certainly any problems with the stream buffering were created by problems with the recipients device rather than the broadcaster. We've got your tenner anyway mate, so couldn't care if your screen was blank.