Queen of the South vs Raith Rovers, 24/10/2020

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Mr X can run across and tell him,  he's the techno man. 

It was Mr Xs fault :death

As someone else noticed, the camera mic was on. The picture went down briefly when someone deleted the camera feed :whistle

When I they added it back I they forgot to turn the mic off

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

Raith were superb in the first half. Played Queens off the park. Lost the intensity in the second half due to injuries.

It’ll be a long season for QOTS if they stick with Buchanan and that big boy that scored as their centre backs.

We’ve only got 3 signed defenders. Those 2 plus Maxwell who was suspended. We will need to get loan players in to be able to change the defence. 

Good result today, not so good were the injuries.  Hopefully Ross isn't too crocked as I reckon he's one of our best players and he would be badly missed. Great to see that Tait, Armstrong and Matthews can pitch in with the goals as well as Manny, who looks like he'll score a few before season end.  We're only two games in but who would have thunk we'd be on top of the league😃 well done to the team and management.  Fingers crossed that the injuries aren't too serious. 

If we've any of the Dykes money left, we should hire a Sports Psychiatrist, we look beaten the minute we go behind. Haven't won a home match since 21st December 2019.  Even 2-0 up in a penalty shoot out and we contrive to lose it. I've no idea who's supposed to be playing in midfield, they were non existent today. Saved from relegation by a  players strike a long time ago,  saved by somebody eating a bat in China last year, wonder what will save us this year, World War 3?

3 minutes ago, JessieField said:

If we've any of the Dykes money left, we should hire a Sports Psychiatrist, we look beaten the minute we go behind. Haven't won a home match since 21st December 2019.  Even 2-0 up in a penalty shoot out and we contrive to lose it. I've no idea who's supposed to be playing in midfield, they were non existent today. Saved from relegation by a  players strike a long time ago,  saved by somebody eating a bat in China last year, wonder what will save us this year, World War 3?

What an absolute disaster of a post. 

2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

That really was garbage. Don't think there is a single player comes away with pass marks. We're getting relegated, aren't we?

You sure are, I did tell you all this at the start of the season. The signings you made were terrible.

3 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

That really was garbage. Don't think there is a single player comes away with pass marks. We're getting relegated, aren't we?

No disrespect but hopefully. We have made a very good start but our first priority is to stay in the league.

27 minutes ago, Mr X said:

It was Mr Xs fault :death

As someone else noticed, the camera mic was on. The picture went down briefly when someone deleted the camera feed :whistle

When I they added it back I they forgot to turn the mic off

Honesty too...you’ll never get that job with the OF or Hearts that way, laddie!

Easy to be magnanimous when you've just won 5-2, but thought the footage and the commentary was top notch. The guys doing the commentary had obviously done their homework on the Rovers and I'm willing to wager none of the mainstream media commentators would have given as much insight. 

Strange game - I feared for us a bit when we conceded so soon after going in front, but regaining the lead was crucial. Thought our midfield were superb in the first half, but were posted missing in the first fifteen minutes of the second half. 

Glad to see we had the sense to have men on the posts at set pieces - I can't understand why teams at a higher level than us don't do it. 

Obviously the injuries take a bit of the shine of the result, but got to be happy with how clinical we were. 

First half we were brilliant. We looked so dangerous going forward. I feel sorry for tumilty if he gets the blame for the pen. Davo made a ridiculous burst to pretty much centre midfield which was mystifying to me. It was a bit of a theme for davo through the game, his positional sense the whole game was very questionable and nearly got us caught out a few times. Second half queens looked good to pull it back, may be some part to the left side of our team, which provided a great attacking threat the time the played, being taken off injured.. hoping this isn’t a theme for the season.  Looked like we thought we’d won the game for the first 20/25 minutes but once the queens second went in we upped it a bit and came away with the win. The crossing from queens second have was worlds apart from the first half and looked dangerous every time the put the ball in the box.

i think Matthews, other than his goals, had an absolutely tremendous game keeping dobbie quiet, great performance from him and good to see him come on leaps and bounds from a few seasons ago. Think the clear MoM was Tait though. What a player we have on our hands with him. 

Honourable mention to Buchanan. Why Queens have signed him is beyond me. Garbage at Falkirk and continuing that form into his queens career. Absolute haddy of the highest order. 

Great stream and commentary, at least one part of queens turned up today! 

1 minute ago, Specky Ginger said:

Easy to be magnanimous when you've just won 5-2, but thought the footage and the commentary was top notch. The guys doing the commentary had obviously done their homework on the Rovers and I'm willing to wager none of the mainstream media commentators would have given as much insight. 

Strange game - I feared for us a bit when we conceded so soon after going in front, but regaining the lead was crucial. Thought our midfield were superb in the first half, but were posted missing in the first fifteen minutes of the second half. 

Glad to see we had the sense to have men on the posts at set pieces - I can't understand why teams at a higher level than us don't do it. 

Obviously the injuries take a bit of the shine of the result, but got to be happy with how clinical we were. 

You only have to look at premier sports with Sutton and the non-specks ginger. Spoke about hearts for about 30 mins and spoke about rovers for 30 seconds only mentioning duku coming up from England. Shambles. Fair play to the commentators today doing their homework.

Well done today - first half you were excellent.

Post covering at set pieces - I have been saying it for months now. We bring back midfielders and forwards who can’t head the ball and who mark “thin air”into our own penalty box week after week. They do nothing but get in the way and the obvious thing to do is stick these “non-headers” on both posts. Don’t know how many more goals we are going to concede from corners before the penny drops.

2 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

Someone is gonna put double figures past this lot.

Ajax put 13 past Venlo AWAY today, not quite the best away win of the day but I'll take it

Edited by keyser_soze