Queen of the South vs Raith Rovers, 24/10/2020

Just now, Otis Blue said:

Raith worthy winners.  A bit more like it in the second half and some bad luck (Dobbie thru' on keeper, hit bar and two off the line) ......... but oh dear, that defence ...... Jesus ...

As I said,  we'll need to start putting chances away to bail the defence out. 

Someone is gonna put double figures past this lot.
If Hearts -4 is a decent price it'll be easy money.

That was truly appalling. A complete shambles. No organisation, no shape, no clue. Raith should have been at least 5-1 by HT. Second half we looked more threatening at set-pieces but Rovers had the sense to have men on the posts.

Fitzpatrick and Shields were anonymous and we really need those two. Didn't help that the ball seemed to keep getting stuck in Fitzpatrick's feet any time he had it. Defensively we should feel lucky it was only 5. Bombscare every time Raith went forward and with respect to Raith it wasn't because they looked superb. This gives me the fear that Hearts or Dunfermline could truly tear us to pieces.

Positives? Only 2 of the 5 goals were crosses - progress!

That was truly appalling. A complete shambles. No organisation, no shape, no clue. Raith should have been at least 5-1 by HT. Second half we looked more threatening at set-pieces but Rovers had the sense to have men on the posts.

Fitzpatrick and Shields were anonymous and we really need those two. Didn't help that the ball seemed to keep getting stuck in Fitzpatrick's feet any time he had it. Defensively we should feel lucky it was only 5. Bombscare every time Raith went forward and with respect to Raith it wasn't because they looked superb. This gives me the fear that Hearts or Dunfermline could truly tear us to pieces.

I admire your optimism. That sort of Craig Leven take on what is progress is the best we can hope for.

Much better second half, though Raith still worthy winners. Yeh no denying a lot of work to be done but pretty obvious what is required so hopefully AJ will see to it. Streaming and commentary really good and replays a bonus. Light years ahead of Mortons coverage.

1 minute ago, sneeuq said:

Much better second half, though Raith still worthy winners. Yeh no denying a lot of work to be done but pretty obvious what is required so hopefully AJ will see to it. Streaming and commentary really good and replays a bonus. Light years ahead of Mortons coverage.

You think he is going to resign?

It was pretty obvious what needed done last season and we've continued in the same vein this season so I'm skeptical* he won't fix it.

* By "Skeptical" I mean well and truly convinced.

We don’t normally down tools until January, but it looked like we had  in the first half. It was far too easy for Raith. Other than our penalty, I don’t think their keeper had anything to do. 

The second half was much better in terms of application, and at 3-2 and 4-2 we had chances to get back into the game.  Good defending, goalkeeping and the crossbar keeping us out.  A good Dobbie chance when he was bearing down on the keeper as well. 

While we looked better going forward our defence was still fragile and Raith took advantage to ease the pressure.

I didn’t  see the game last week,  but we were two down fairly rapid there too, before making a go of it. We need to tighten up at the back and soon. 

We are only two games in and the warning signs are already flashing. 

Fair play to Raith. They look a decent side and will fancy challenging for a play-off spot.

Edited by qos_75

Weirdly frustrating game, score line is amazing but to be fair to Queens they hit the woodwork twice and we cleared off the line twice. Our defence still needs some serious work as better teams will certainly punish us. Can we also stop punting it up the pitch, second half we did this quite a few times. We look excellent when we get the ball down and pass it about and bang average when we punt it. Not sure what was said at halftime but QOS came out hungry and we stayed in the dressing room until they scored.

Overall a fantastic result but definitely some things we need to work on before Hearts, Dundee and the Pars play us.

6 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:
6 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:
Are we still waiting for our first win in 2020? Can this year get any worse......

Still a couple of months to go...

Unfortunately.

Going to be a long couple of month 

Edited by FrankReynolds

5 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

Are we still waiting for our first win in 2020? Can this year get any worse......

15 games without a win including 8 at home. 6 home league defeats in a row, something that has never happened before. And still he keeps his job.

4 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Weirdly frustrating game, score line is amazing but to be fair to Queens they hit the woodwork twice and we cleared off the line twice. Our defence still needs some serious work as better teams will certainly punish us. Can we also stop punting it up the pitch, second half we did this quite a few times. We look excellent when we get the ball down and pass it about and bang average when we punt it. Not sure what was said at halftime but QOS came out hungry and we stayed in the dressing room until they scored.

Overall a fantastic result but definitely some things we need to work on before Hearts, Dundee and the Pars play us.

To be fair, having lost our whole left hand side before starting the second half probably did have an effect on our fluency and rhythm but yeah, we were no where near the same intensity in the first half until Queens scored.

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Positives my stream worked great  that was all good thanks for that .

Our defending Raith looked like they would score every time they came forward a shambles at the back not all his fault but Willie Gibson is never a left back .

The worrying thing is Raith were not that good we just made it easy for them .

To be fair, having lost our whole left hand side before starting the second half probably did have an effect on our fluency and rhythm but yeah, we were no where near the same intensity in the first half until Queens scored.

Fair one, I’d like to add despite my negativity. Well done to the lads as QOS are on a horrid run at the moment and we all know how often we help teams out with those [emoji23]

Anyway great to get the points two games in and we’re top with two excellent results, I’d like to think we have enough about us to stay safely mid table this season.