Queen of the South vs Raith Rovers, 24/10/2020

Ethan Ross on crutches and really not looking comfortable as the team left the pitch. He's looked so bright, that's a real blow. 

It looked like Musonda was the one put on standby when MacDonald went down, but I don't know if he'd go on at left back or if we'd move Benedictus across. We really don't have an adequate back up for MacDonald. 

Injuries aside, and the early penalty, we've been pretty flawless. Queens look so fragile and it's only the pace of Obileye that's kept this score down. If Duku was getting in behind as well as winning these knockdowns, we'd be so far out of sight. 

Buchanan had been utterly dreadful, wouldn't be at all surprised to see him pick up a second yellow. He's just so far off the pace of the game. 

I don't know what this Queens midfield is supposed to be doing. They're not set up to deal with our midfield runners, but don't seem to have any plan when they've got the ball either. 

The Queens defence were missing at Raith opener but Fitzpatrick puts in a half hearted challenge on the halfway line that allows the move to start.  We definitely need players with a bit more dig in midfield. 
Absolutely. It appears the sole reason Mccabe is on the pitch is for long throws...

2 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Looking very comfortable, if anythng should be further ahead, Queen's fans could argue a red card for the penalty but for me it was a yellow, more of the same please

It was awfully close to clearly the last defender, really feel we caught a break there. Dobbie still oozes class, couple of beautiful passes and moves...scary.

Looking very comfortable, if anythng should be further ahead, Queen's fans could argue a red card for the penalty but for me it was a yellow, more of the same please

Other way round we’d be screaming for a red and I’ve seen them given for it many times so probably lucky. Glad it was a yellow but couldn’t complain if the referee had gone for the red.

5 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Can't argue with the scoreline here, Raith much better.  Queens defence far too pedestrian and we offer zip in the final third.  Never mind defending crosses, our own crosses aren't much better.

First time I've seen PPV - impressed with the production and the commentary.  Is our MOTD Wannabe part of the production team here?

He's operating the camera as usual I believe. 

That is 45 mins to forget - Raith outplaying us in every department - very lucky not to have conceded another 2/3 goals.Unfortunately more of the same from earlier in the year - players playing as individuals not as a team. Zero on field leadership and the defending is shambolic. It is all very well for Ayo to be strolling about taking lovely touches but his priority is to marshall that defence and keep things tight. His partnership with Buchanan looks paper thin.

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Ethan Ross on crutches and really not looking comfortable as the team left the pitch. He's looked so bright, that's a real blow. 

It looked like Musonda was the one put on standby when MacDonald went down, but I don't know if he'd go on at left back or if we'd move Benedictus across. We really don't have an adequate back up for MacDonald. 

Injuries aside, and the early penalty, we've been pretty flawless. Queens look so fragile and it's only the pace of Obileye that's kept this score down. 

Obileye looks the business, but he was beaten by Duku On the goal. Frankie is a CB/RB as far as we’ve heard/seen, so Bene to LB is the only likely choice.

Well that, was fucking appalling. Give the boys their dues, they've kept up their habit of conceding 2 crosses per game. But I'm exaggerating that that's major issue apparently. In their defence they've been utter shite in every other area as well. Raith must be fizzing that they've conceded here as we've offered nothing. The lack of shape and organisation is embarrassing. If I was McGlynn I'd be taking No 9 off; he should feel ashamed he hasn't got at least 3 goals yet. The saving grace here is that Raith don't appear to have clicked that we are appalling at crosses, having stupidly played two short ones.

Looking forward to the second half where we'll continue to test Einstein's theory of insanity by hoofing the ball up the park. Goss incoming I expect.

Well that, was fucking appalling. Give the boys their dues, they've kept up their habit of conceding 2 crosses per game. But I'm exaggerating that that's major issue apparently. In their defence they've been utter shite in every other area as well. Raith must be fizzing that they've conceded here as we've offered nothing. The lack of shape and organisation is embarrassing. If I was McGlynn I'd be taking No 9 off; he should feel ashamed he hasn't got at least 3 goals yet. The saving grace here is that Raith don't appear to have clicked that we are appalling at crosses, having stupidly played two short ones.

Looking forward to the second half where we'll continue to test Einstein's theory of insanity by hoofing the ball up the park. Goss incoming I expect.
It's genuinely mental, isn't it? Against Ayr the only time we looked threatening was with ball on ground. We got penalty from having ball on ground. But no, let's ping balls up to East for him to lose.