Queen of the South vs Raith Rovers, 24/10/2020

Beers, couple of pies for halftime and registered on QOSTV for the game. It’s not the same as going the match but at least we can watch the game. Should be another important game for us if we can get something here I’ll be happy. Can’t see us changing anything from last weeks starting line up but I’d like to see Vaughan come off the bench and get a run out even if it’s just the last 15 minutes. Interesting to see if we try and exploit Queens apparent weakness at dealing with crosses as we’ve actually got wingers these days and Duku seems to be able to head the ball. Expect our back line will have a tougher game than Arbroath offered them. This and Morton at home will be massive games for us. COYR!

37 minutes ago, renton said:

Well, I for one am (not really) looking forward to Queens doing what Arbroath failed to, and get guys in running at our glacial turning CBs. 

Yeah. Given how easily we won in the end, it's easy to forget that if not for Jamie MacDonald and some poor finishing we could easily have been a couple of goals down before we got going. 

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah. Given how easily we won in the end, it's easy to forget that if not for Jamie MacDonald and some poor finishing we could easily have been a couple of goals down before we got going. 

Aye, the McDonald one was a good save, but also one I'd expect a good keeper to make. The two instances that did have me worried was when the defence switched off looking for a non existent offside, and in the second when the guy managed to make it into a footrace with Davo, who had to make a lunging, very good tackle deep in the 6 yard box. That's where we are so vulnerable.

Edited by renton

Fair play to MessiScott for doubling down on the "Queens are shite" posts, I was planning on easing up on them on the run up to Dunfermline playing them, before in the eventuality of Dunfermline losing, claiming that it wasn't a surprise. 

Or if Dunfermline won, claiming it was no surprise, brave. 
MessiScott isn't a Raith fan though, he's a guy who has some weird chip on his shoulder about QoS and has attached himself to Raith Rovers. I feel more sorry for Raith tbh.

51 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Fair play to MessiScott for doubling down on the "Queens are shite" posts, I was planning on easing up on them on the run up to Dunfermline playing them, before in the eventuality of Dunfermline losing, claiming that it wasn't a surprise. 

Or if Dunfermline won, claiming it was no surprise, brave. 

Quality strategy there Grant, can't fault it ....