Queen of the South vs Raith Rovers, 24/10/2020

QoS coming in without Maxwell, and feeling they should have got at least a point off Ayr, versus a Raith team seemingly rounding into shape and finally getting healthy. I assume Dobbie and Gibson coaching again?
Were any of Raith's goals today crosses?

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, TxRover said:
QoS coming in without Maxwell, and feeling they should have got at least a point off Ayr, versus a Raith team seemingly rounding into shape and finally getting healthy. I assume Dobbie and Gibson coaching again?

Not today, no. We are well equipped with "big laddies" though, and full backs who push on. This Rovers side should relish a game against a side struggling so badly with cross balls, but the Championship has a funny way of subverting expectations.

I wonder which side will get the dubious handball penalty. 

25 minutes ago, Messi Scott said:

After today’s dominance I’m expecting us to look strong against QoS. In my opinion they’re the weakest team in the league so it could be back to back wins for us 🙌

The Oracle has spoken...of course QoS were, even with 10 men, were reputedly a better side for most of their match.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, TxRover said:

If Ross can quit booting the crosses about 5-10 yards too long, it could be a problem for you. In the friendlies we feasted on corners, how you doing there?

55 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

...but the Championship has a funny way of subverting expectations.

I wonder which side will get the dubious handball penalty. 

Aye, Arbroath had no one nearing the quality of Dobbie. I’m a bit concerned about our backline with him loose, but a JMac certainly showed he can make a save!

Aye, Arbroath had no one nearing the quality of Dobbie. I’m a bit concerned about our backline with him loose, but a JMac certainly showed he can make a save!
Crosses or corners is without question our Achilles Heel. As I've said elsewhere, we've conceded 6 goals so far this season and every one has been a cross or a corner (2 corners today). We look shaky every time they come in. If we were shite all over the park it wouldn't sting as much but we had the beating of Ayr today had it not been for our inability to defend cross balls. Sadly you don't need 6ft 5" giants either.

If we play like we did today and somehow learn to deal with crosses in the next 6 days ("lawl") then we should get a result. I have serious doubts we'll be able to manage the second part though.

1 hour ago, Messi Scott said:

After today’s dominance I’m expecting us to look strong against QoS. In my opinion they’re the weakest team in the league so it could be back to back wins for us 🙌

Thanks for reminding us of your opinion again "Messi", some folk on here of a southern persuasion were probably in danger of forgetting your opinion.

Oh, and in case Mr McGlynn reads P&B ....... please note that we're helluva good at defending crosses into the box so I wouldn't bother with that archaic tactic on Saturday, you'd be wasting your time.  Just sayin' like ........ whistles .....

Game 2 and of feels like a big one to me. So far we've played 4 games, looked fairly promising, but got nothing really to show for it. We need to turn these performance in to results fairly soon.

If Maxwell is out, and there are no new signings, then Gibson and Shields in for Maxwell and Robinson is how I'd go.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

56 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Thanks for reminding us of your opinion again "Messi", some folk on here of a southern persuasion were probably in danger of forgetting your opinion.

Oh, and in case Mr McGlynn reads P&B ....... please note that we're helluva good at defending crosses into the box so I wouldn't bother with that archaic tactic on Saturday, you'd be wasting your time.  Just sayin' like ........ whistles .....

Well I did tell you that QoS had signed 2 haddies at the back, looks like I was right. You’re definitely on course for a relegation battle 

Well I did tell you that QoS had signed 2 haddies at the back, looks like I was right. You’re definitely on course for a relegation battle 
The CBs have looked fine. We were shite at crosses before they arrived so it isn't exactly them to blame.

We always seem to have an away trip to Dumfries early in the season and generally we've done quite well in them.

We look like we could be a very good counter attacking side on our day this season so hopefully we can pick up a few wins on the road. 

It'll be another tough one though and all things being equal I wouldn't be unhappy with a point. 

What’s the score with TV stream for this game? Any info on cost or quality from the local lads?

Good result for us today but that was a home game, let’s see how we get on down in Dumfries. We all know the threat of Dobbie so hopefully our back line has a plan to deal with him. Win this one and I’ll be ecstatic, Queens were late recruiting their squad but I’d always expect a tough game down Palmerston.

4 hours ago, Messi Scott said:

And after your previous utterings on here I was really expecting hoping never to hear from you again.

Edited by Scottydog

33 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

What’s the score with TV stream for this game? Any info on cost or quality from the local lads?

Good result for us today but that was a home game, let’s see how we get on down in Dumfries. We all know the threat of Dobbie so hopefully our back line has a plan to deal with him. Win this one and I’ll be ecstatic, Queens were late recruiting their squad but I’d always expect a tough game down Palmerston.

It's a tenner at https://live.qosfc.com/

Our first stream was excellent. The second one did have some issues but was still decent. Sadly it cut out for me and some others at the last couple of penalties against Partick. Hopefully we avoid going to penalties against Rovers and this doesn't happen again. It has been £10 up until now and I'm sure it's to be that price all season. They have added a live chat feature which was prompt the other night when I used it. TL;DR, for £10 it's worth the gamble as it's been more good than bad.

And after your previous utterings on here I was really expecting hoping never to hear from you again.

FWIW he's been at us all pre-season and no one truly believes he's a Raith fan. He's clearly some loser who was rejected by QoS as a youth and has sadly (for you) attached himself as a Raith 'fan'.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Our first stream was excellent. The second one did have some issues but was still decent. Sadly it cut out for me and some others at the last couple of penalties against Partick. Hopefully we avoid going to penalties against Rovers and this doesn't happen again. It has been £10 up until now and I'm sure it's to be that price all season. They have added a live chat feature which was prompt the other night when I used it. TL;DR, for £10 it's worth the gamble as it's been more good than bad.

Pretty sure the two things are linked

The CBs have looked fine. We were shite at crosses before they arrived so it isn't exactly them to blame.

On watching the highlights, it’s Robinson and mckee not tracking there men. So it’s up to players to take responsibility. Like you say our defence generally looks good, and a unit our whole team set up pretty well... I actually feel quite comfortable in open play.

A big one next Saturday. Feel like we need a win to get going