Elgin City v Stranraer

I’ll start seeing there doesn’t seem to be much appetite for this game.

Tough opening game for both teams especially when a good start to the season is important. Elgin have started the season well and look a good solid outfit, although don’t like to read too much into pre season results. I will settle for a draw and hope for better.

Long way home on the bus without a shower😟

I always think the first game sets the tone for the season. I'm quite positive about this season but think this is one of the toughest starts we could've had. It would have been great to be there but I'll settle for watching at home.

Great start. I thought the first half was pretty even and we took the only real chance we had. We did fine but didn't create much. I missed the first 10 of the 2nd half (and the Hester goal obviously) but I thought McEwan made a difference when he came on. I don't know if he's been injured or whatever but I've been surprised he's not started a game so far. He was our best player towards the end of last season for me and he carried that on today I thought. Stranraer hit the post just before the 3rd which could've really changed the game but after Dingwall scored we were very comfortable. Not perfect but plenty of positives.

Edited by afca32

Should also say I thoroughly enjoyed the coverage. I know it was meant to be on the Stranraer website but my youtube stream was good quality and the camerawork, although a bit slow at first, was better than the pixellot cameras managed last week I thought. The commentators kept me entertained. It sounded like 3 fans sitting in their own living rooms which was amusing and they stayed fairly balanced and talked about our players throughout. Good work Stranraer, if we're not allowed into stadiums by April I will be more than happy to pay the £8 again.

Well done Elgin by far the better team and deserved the 3 points. Same old dreadful hoofball tactics from Stranraer today again as has been the case for the past 3 seasons. Playing a formation that leaves the flanks exposed at every attack and leaves the midfield short and no plan B from the manager when things aren’t working. It’s not the players fault it’s the managers severe lack of tactics and his love of aimless long balls up the pitch that are the problem. How come teams that we play against can play football on the ground but we just punt it up the pitch for their defence to head back ?...we were lucky to get a 2-2 against rovers but were spanked today by Elgin and it’s not good enough.

1 hour ago, Le shocolate moose said:

Well done Elgin by far the better team and deserved the 3 points. Same old dreadful hoofball tactics from Stranraer today again as has been the case for the past 3 seasons. Playing a formation that leaves the flanks exposed at every attack and leaves the midfield short and no plan B from the manager when things aren’t working. It’s not the players fault it’s the managers severe lack of tactics and his love of aimless long balls up the pitch that are the problem. How come teams that we play against can play football on the ground but we just punt it up the pitch for their defence to head back ?...we were lucky to get a 2-2 against rovers but were spanked today by Elgin and it’s not good enough.

Hit the nail on the Head

Watched the game live on the twitter feed.

Didn’t know what to expect but certainly not the big hoof up the park.

Look make no mistakes our manager has been backed this year despite all the problems we are facing.

I like SF and there will

be no knee jerk reaction from me after one league game.

However the pressure is most certainly on SF this year.

Squad wise I really like what he has done with  a good mix this year.

I got fed up shouting at my laptop...

KEEP IT IN THD GROUND!!!!

Think we are much better than today showed.

Time will tell.

KEEP THE FAITH

CMON THE BLUES.

3 hours ago, afca32 said:

Should also say I thoroughly enjoyed the coverage. I know it was meant to be on the Stranraer website but my youtube stream was good quality and the camerawork, although a bit slow at first, was better than the pixellot cameras managed last week I thought. The commentators kept me entertained. It sounded like 3 fans sitting in their own living rooms which was amusing and they stayed fairly balanced and talked about our players throughout. Good work Stranraer, if we're not allowed into stadiums by April I will be more than happy to pay the £8 again.

Completely agree with this, the angle provided was much better than the faraway zoomed out version you get from Pixellot and I enjoyed being able to rewind to see if Hester was onside (he was). The commentators were also very good, I was very impressed on the knowledge of Elgin and our players that the main guy had. If any of them are reading this, just to let you know Elgin is indeed further north than Dingwall, it's not by much when you look at the longitude but it is slightly further north. 

As for the result, very comfortable, we've looked great in every game so far, a sign that having a settled squad really does wonders instead of the squad overhaul and loads of loan players approach that we're used to

They thumped us at BB a few games before the season ended abruptly!

Losing Shane is a blow but in Kane you have a goalscorer who can play at a higher level. Lots of talented players in the squad. Cameron, Dingwall, O'Keefe to name a few.

Come on Elgin let's see a title push!

Another decent performance. We look a pretty well balanced team and if the players are on it I think we can give any team in this league a hard game. Defence still looks like it has a few issues ( treading the fine line between composed playing out from the back and gifting needless chances) but they have pulled themselves out of any self imposed problem so far so harsh to critisise too much. Entertaining, scoring goals and viable options for most positions - there’s a lot to be positive about.

Once I got on the YouTube link I thought the stream was pretty good with a better closer view of the game. Decent commentary too with a surprising knowledge on a lot of Elgin players so congrats to Stranraer for the coverage.