What do you kill?

13 hours ago, bennett said:

The occasional fish, though I'm mostly C&R nowadays. Any wee pests usually get sprayed or splatted. 

In the past I'd have wood pigeons, rabbits, squirrels etc, used to do some ratting too.

:lol: You've spent years mocking me as a bumpkin, calling me Cletus and the like.

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Clothes moths tend to get sprayed as they're destructive wee fuckers  Also I tried being humane to mice but poison seems the only way to get rid of them short of getting another cat.

Apart from that I usually leave spiders alone and try and usher flies out of the window unless they're still buzzing about at 2 in the morning.

Slug pellets got put down in the garden otherwise the new plants would have soon disappeared.

You should try beer traps instead. Slug pellets also get eaten by our hodgeheg friends and they are on the endangered list (not because of this, but it aint helping).

E.T.A. I'm also one of those "kill nothing except food" hippy b*****ds on here. Even snails get launched into the neighbour's garden rather than be dispatched personally.

Edited by velo army

3 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

you'd all be eyeing up the neighbours wains.

We're just going to leave that hanging without comment?

Spoiler

"Wains", FFS. Would they be the same as the "weans"?

6 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I do this in order to feel virtuous, but of course I constantly pay other people to kill things for me to eat.

I always want to hit people that say "I couldn't eat something that I've killed myself" in the face with a big frying pan.

Edited by Hedgecutter
Punctuation. It's important.

It bugs me more than a bit that I've never killed my own food. I've caught fish and released them, and inadvertently swallowed beasties while riding my bike but when it comes to the animals I've chosen to eat, the killing has always been done by someone else. As an enthusiastic meat-eater, I feel this is something I should do, even if it's just once.

It bugs me more than a bit that I've never killed my own food. I've caught fish and released them, and inadvertently swallowed beasties while riding my bike but when it comes to the animals I've chosen to eat, the killing has always been done by someone else. As an enthusiastic meat-eater, I feel this is something I should do, even if it's just once.
Dont you live in Denver? Hunting must be popular where you are?

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
15 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Dont you live in Denver? Hunting must be popular where you are?

It is, and I have the rifle, skinning knives and whatnot to do the deed. I've taken a hunter safety class which entitles me to apply for a licence and even have friends who hunt and have invited me along. I've just never done it.

4 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I "caught", cooked and ate cockles once. If you're sqeamish about garrotting a cow you could do something like that. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

I "caught", cooked and ate cockles once. If you're sqeamish about garrotting a cow you could do something like that. 

Mmm. I about 1,000 miles from the nearest coastline so I'm not sure catching cockles is a practical option. On the other hand, one of my neighbours keeps hairy coos like the one in my avatar. Back in a bit. Carry on.