What do you kill?

Wasps are bunch of little c***s and if they cross my threshold they fucking die.

Moths are a pain in the arse and if they enter my home they get swatted.

On the other hand, spiders are a great bunch of lads and they're more than welcome to crawl over my walls. 

I've never had a problem with rats or mice but if I did I'd use a humane trap.

How bloodthirsty are you? Which creepy crawlies or small mammals are you prepared to slaughter in the cause of keeping your house comfortable?

Not very much.  When I lived in Aberdeenshire I loved to shoot pheasant or rabbit for the pot but that's different.

I hate wasps (not the American kind, of course) and if we have spiders in the bath or shower I usually put down some loo roll so they have a means to rescue themselves.

Live and let live unless it's edible.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not very much.  When I lived in Aberdeenshire I loved to shoot pheasant or rabbit for the pot but that's different.

I hate wasps (not the American kind, of course) and if we have spiders in the bath or shower I usually put down some loo roll so they have a means to rescue themselves.

Agreed.

Clothes moths tend to get sprayed as they're destructive wee fuckers  Also I tried being humane to mice but poison seems the only way to get rid of them short of getting another cat.

Apart from that I usually leave spiders alone and try and usher flies out of the window unless they're still buzzing about at 2 in the morning.

Slug pellets got put down in the garden otherwise the new plants would have soon disappeared.

27 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yeah, there was a spider in my sink when I went to shave the other day. I used a sheet of paper to lift it to safety before I ran the tap.

Spiders are good people and I when I see one in my home I give it a thumbs up and encourage it to continue its arachnid activities.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

The occasional fish, though I'm mostly C&R nowadays. Any wee pests usually get sprayed or splatted. 

In the past I'd have wood pigeons, rabbits, squirrels etc, used to do some ratting too.

Slugs, Scarlett lily beetles, mealybugs and any kind of biting insects e.g. horseflies mosquitos midges are all dispatched straight to hell.

Bit of a grey area with the spiders. I catch and release the daddy long legs ones and any house spiders but if the missus is watching then they have to die.

We have those false widows in the house recently and they seem to squeeze into cracks so the aerosol and lighter is your only man.

A few years ago I was driving with my missus and we had fallen out and there was a pheasant in the middle of the road but I didn't even slow down. It just melted off the windscreen and went into orbit. Straight away I felt awful and wished i had stopped but it got us talking again and 12 years later we are still together!

Mosquitoes and other bitey insects. Although that's a bit of stretch. 'Try to kill' might be more accurate.. And mices if they're in the hice. For the record, if anyone is considering a humane mouse trap, make sure to release it into your neighbours garden. Otherwise it will be back in your house before you are. If ever I find a rat in the house, I'm just going to burn it down and live under a tarpaulin. 

18 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Mosquitoes and other bitey insects. Although that's a bit of stretch. 'Try to kill' might be more accurate.. And mices if they're in the hice. For the record, if anyone is considering a humane mouse trap, make sure to release it into your neighbours garden. Otherwise it will be back in your house before you are. If ever I find a rat in the house, I'm just going to burn it down and live under a tarpaulin. 

A tarpaulin? Luxury. We had to live in rolled up newspaper in middle of rubbish tip...

We get a load of ants in the summer, every summer, but I just put the liquid baits out rather than skooshing stuff because we’ve got a house centipede that’s quite happy to eat as many of them as he/she can and I don’t want to cramp his/her style. There’s a couple of rat traps by the back gate, unfortunately the non-humane ones because the humane ones do f**k all to the hyper-evolved Chicago alley rat. We’ve got a feral bunny hangs out in the garden sometimes; the wee one calls him Mr Rabbit and she loves him although I suspect he’s had a change of actor over the 3 years he’s been about. 

Edited by carpetmonster