The Great Squirrel Debate

The Definitive Squirrel Poll  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

53 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I feel old now, I had one of those accounts when I was little 🤣 I remember my mum taking my brother and I to the bank to open them. I don’t know why, we never had any money to put in them. 

At least you got given a money box for your pitiful income.

image.png.3338042ff73ec364566c9424c23c9da6.png

2 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Pan fried grey squirrel breast is supposed to be very nice. A bit like rabbit. Not sure about the reds. They probably taste good too.

The one that lives in my garden would take about a 32 waist in trousers. It  would do your Christmas dinner.

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

Abert's squirrels. Sometimes known as tassel-eared squirrels. Although from Wikipedia's description of their habitat, it sounds as though they don't get as far north as Canada. So @Funky Nosejob's encounter may have been with a different species, possibly the fox squirrel.

Abert's Squirrel - Wikipedia

I thought Albert was a mongoose?

Why are there no squirrels in hull? 

This is acorn-y joke, right? 

I've just noticed that they've also avoided both Fraserburgh and Peterhead and funnily enough I've never seen a squirrel eating fish. Or take heroin come to think of it.

I'm also intrigued as to how there's an outlier of greys around Aberdeen. I'd like to think that a couple of squirrels from Pittencrieff Park wandered onto a train at Dunfermline Town station and managed to dodge the fare.

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I thought Albert was a mongoose?

No, Albert was eaten by a lion at the zoo. You're thinking of Rikki-tikki-tavi.

Anyway, the point is moot because we're discussing Abert's (no 'l') squirrels which are named after the naturalist John James Abert as any fule kno.