CANZUK

SANTAN

Guys you need to just trust that I am incredibly savvy with working out the electorate and "guessing" which way elections/referendums will go, I can read the general public like the back of my hand and I'm pleased to say I'm here to give you this insider knowledge for absolutely no cost at all. 

Jump on it now and when it happens in a few years time you can act all trendy and Oracle like, there will be no told you so's, everyone is welcome to convert to Canzuk before it's stock is too high and the cool thing to do. We know you guys will need something to rally around come the next elections so what better place to stay than with reconciliation with Brexit Britain.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55871373

On 31/01/2021 at 04:05, Stormzy said:

Guys you need to just trust that I am incredibly savvy with working out the electorate and "guessing" which way elections/referendums will go, I can read the general public like the back of my hand and I'm pleased to say I'm here to give you this insider knowledge for absolutely no cost at all. 

Jump on it now and when it happens in a few years time you can act all trendy and Oracle like, there will be no told you so's, everyone is welcome to convert to Canzuk before it's stock is too high and the cool thing to do. We know you guys will need something to rally around come the next elections so what better place to stay than with reconciliation with Brexit Britain.

I can just image you Brixiters in a few years: Tokyo can't tell us what to do. We demand independence. And also WWII.

Just now, Anonapersona said:

When push came to shove, you 100% embraced Brexit.

I embraced Brexit before the referendum. 

Calling someone that voted Remain a Brexiteer is a tad strange to me, perhaps not applying silly labels on to things you don't know about would help raise the standard of discourse on here. 

Just now, Stormzy said:

I embraced Brexit before the referendum. 

Calling someone that voted Remain a Brexiteer is a tad strange to me, perhaps not applying silly labels on to things you don't know about would help raise the standard of discourse on here. 

I said Brexiter not Brexiteer.

Regardless, I'm not interested in whether you find it strange or not. You jumped on the Tory bandwagon, as expected.

3 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

I said Brexiter not Brexiteer.

Regardless, I'm not interested in whether you find it strange or not. You jumped on the Tory bandwagon, as expected.

You said neither tbf you said Brixiter or something similar..

Carry on being not interested, i merely responded to you quoting me about what you like to imagine. 

Just now, Stormzy said:

You said neither tbf you said Brixiter or something similar..

Carry on being not interested, i merely responded to you quoting me about what you like to imagine. 

Ok, then let's have it out.

Did you or did you not embrace Brexit?

2 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

Ok, then let's have it out.

Did you or did you not embrace Brexit?

I've already said I embraced it before the referendum, I chose to vote Remain after weighing things up that felt important to me at the time. 

I also found the rejoin argument to be incredulous and think the only thing to do if you want to remain in the UK is to embrace such democratic decisions. 

I think it would be reductive to call me a Brexiteer, or to frame my opinions as wanting to take Tokyo or whatever silly thing you said not that you evidently care for such things  

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

I've already said I embraced it before the referendum, I chose to vote Remain after weighing things up that felt important to me at the time. 

I also found the rejoin argument to be incredulous and think the only thing to do if you want to remain in the UK is to embrace such democratic decisions. 

I think it would be reductive to call me a Brexiteer, or to frame my opinions as wanting to take Tokyo or whatever silly thing you said not that you evidently care for such things  

I was actually being serious about the Tokyo thing. That kind of thinking has overrun large swathes of the English population.

On 29/01/2021 at 15:05, Torpar said:

Get this to f**k, the idea that you be allowed to travel freely between the four countries because you are anglophone and former members of the fallen British Empire reeks of barely contained racism, no real surprise that the main backers in Canada are the Tories. Why should you have more right to live and work in Canada than say a Filipino, Chinese or Indian person? Canada only repealed the Chinese Immigration Act in 1947, I doubt it wants to go back to it's racist policies of the past. 

As far as trade goes, it has fairly strong trade partners to it's south and a trade agreement with the EU, doesn't really need the UK IMO. 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-why-canzuk-wont-work/

Say someone who lives in the most ethnically diverse city in the world.  I bet these CANZUK fans have never been to Toronto.

"Oh my.  This is my first time here.  Why is it so full of people who look so ... different?" 🙂

On 29/01/2021 at 15:05, Torpar said:

Why should you have more right to live and work in Canada than say a Filipino, Chinese or Indian person?

I think CANZUK is a bit of a strange idea - but in terms of the question above, I think the backers of the idea suggest a reciprocal arrangement. I don't suppose anyone has asked, but I'd be confident India and China wouldn't be offering!

14 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Say someone who lives in the most ethnically diverse city in the world.  I bet these CANZUK fans have never been to Toronto.

"Oh my.  This is my first time here.  Why is it so full of people who look so ... different?" 🙂

I'll admit before the first time I visited Canada but my main exposure to the country was ice hockey, which is a majority white sport (it's slowly changing to reflect the changing demographic of Canada though) so I was expecting much the same in Canada but Toronto is far from it, Canadian born residents are now the minority here. I meet my now best mate when he came over to Edinburgh for uni, he's a "Status Indian" an Ojibwe native Canadian, a group of people I knew nothing about and gave little thought before, visited his home reserve Wikwemikong Unceded Territory many times, a lot of the people there are survivors of the residential school system but are still some of the friendliest people in Canada IMO, love a drink and taking the piss out of you so I fitted in pretty well.  

6 hours ago, bendan said:

I think CANZUK is a bit of a strange idea - but in terms of the question above, I think the backers of the idea suggest a reciprocal arrangement. I don't suppose anyone has asked, but I'd be confident India and China wouldn't be offering!

It's seems very much for the benefit of the UK, I can't imagine living in Sydney or Vancouver and thinking, I'd like to go live and work in Milton Keynes 

On 31/01/2021 at 09:05, Stormzy said:

All the introductory stuff in the CPTPP treaty (including the TPP agreement) talks about it being a regional organisation to meet regional aims. 

I expect that we'll be politely told to do one in much the same way as when Morocco was when it applied to join the EU. 

Anyway, Farage already said it is bad. He gave some shitey excuse about it being based on the EU but you just know he's dying to come out with stuff about the Burma Railway and to use Clarkson's Mexican material. 

19 minutes ago, coprolite said:

All the introductory stuff in the CPTPP treaty (including the TPP agreement) talks about it being a regional organisation to meet regional aims. 

I expect that we'll be politely told to do one in much the same way as when Morocco was when it applied to join the EU. 

Anyway, Farage already said it is bad. He gave some shitey excuse about it being based on the EU but you just know he's dying to come out with stuff about the Burma Railway and to use Clarkson's Mexican material. 

Everytime I've read or watched anything about Canzuk they would always say this is the first stage and would be a good step in the right direction so it would be intriguing to see where they would go after that if they were to fall at the first hurdle, they seemed pretty confident they wouldn't though, I've got no clue. 

Perhaps you won't be surprised to hear that i believe the movement would do well to steer clear of Farage and I don't think anyone wants the two to be close other than detractors that are already convinced this is some colonial throwback. 

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Everytime I've read or watched anything about Canzuk they would always say this is the first stage and would be a good step in the right direction so it would be intriguing to see where they would go after that if they were to fall at the first hurdle, they seemed pretty confident they wouldn't though, I've got no clue. 

Perhaps you won't be surprised to hear that i believe the movement would do well to steer clear of Farage and I don't think anyone wants the two to be close other than detractors that are already convinced this is some colonial throwback. 

I'd be surprised if a "movement" which seems to be based on majority white anglophone imaginary kinship manages to avoid association with the unofficial figurehead for unspoken racist xenophobia. 

I don't particularly want the two to be associated. 

But i am unashamedly a detractor who is already convinced this is some sort of colonial throwback. 

12 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'd be surprised if a "movement" which seems to be based on majority white anglophone imaginary kinship manages to avoid association with the unofficial figurehead for unspoken racist xenophobia. 

I don't particularly want the two to be associated. 

But i am unashamedly a detractor who is already convinced this is some sort of colonial throwback. 

I don't think it's imaginary, you could call it wishy washy or something only cared about by weirdos but I don't think it's non existent. 

Unfortunately I'm very cynical to most political movements and their ability to utilise undesirables and weaponisng them, unfortunately this drowns out and dilutes the sincere support as has happened with Brexit and SIndy. Canzuk will suffer the same fate when the "gammon" clock on to it but I'm hoping enough lovely normal people get involved first hence my olive branch for the good folk of PnB. 

Also I'm sure Canzuk would be more popular here if Scotland was independent. You'd deffo be asking for it to be Canzsuk or something...

9 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I don't think it's imaginary, you could call it wishy washy or something only cared about by weirdos but I don't think it's non existent. 

Unfortunately I'm very cynical to most political movements and their ability to utilise undesirables and weaponisng them, unfortunately this drowns out and dilutes the sincere support as has happened with Brexit and SIndy. Canzuk will suffer the same fate when the "gammon" clock on to it but I'm hoping enough lovely normal people get involved first hence my olive branch for the good folk of PnB. 

Also I'm sure Canzuk would be more popular here if Scotland was independent. You'd deffo be asking for it to be Canzsuk or something...

You never know. People vote for any old shite apparently. 

5 hours ago, Torpar said:

It's seems very much for the benefit of the UK, I can't imagine living in Sydney or Vancouver and thinking, I'd like to go live and work in Milton Keynes 

Neither can I, though plenty of young people in both countries seem interested in spending time in places like London and Edinburgh.