Airdrie v Peterhead

Delighted with that. I didn’t think there was too much in it until the first goal, though Airdrie probably looked a bit more likely to score, but after that I thought we controlled the game and ended up fairly comfortable winners. It was a fairly typical Airdrie win under Ian Murray, a good solid team performance and I never felt like we were going to concede. I’ll happily take that every week!

Crighton and Fordyce were excellent and managed Layne well. I thought Scott Brown had a good game for Peterhead but Kerr and Sabatini stopped him from being too involved and even Alan Cook was fairly quiet and didn’t get his usual goal against us. Certainly a lot of positives to take going into a tough game next week.

Much better second half, few nice moves after a first half that was heavy going.

The commentary was decent, but found it difficult to get into the game, had the same with the Kelty game too. Can't beat actually being there.

Solid performance, a good win, clean sheet; apart from the polish of some extra goals, not more you could really ask for. 

The guy Bailey was fortunate not to be booked earlier than he was, and probably saved a red by being moved centrally to cover after one of the defensive injuries for Peterhead. Ref was surprisingly lenient on the park but must have very sensitive feelings, given he let the players away with some meaty challenges but booked both managers for moaning. 

The frozen camera was incredibly frustrating, but by my watch only lasted 4-5 mins (felt a lot longer) and nothing of note happened. Players must have got the shout, very sporting of them. 

Delighted to start well and now Partick are under huge pressure going into next week. Hopefully we can add to that and hopefully the Peterhead injuries aren't too serious. Horrible to pick up so many knocks so early on. 

Mon The Diamonds. Idle Hands Match report to follow... eh, tomorrow or Monday. 

Edited by AndyDD

Much better second half, few nice moves after a first half that was heavy going.
The commentary was decent, but found it difficult to get into the game, had the same with the Kelty game too. Can't beat actually being there.

Completely agree. I find it hard to keep track of who's done well and when subs are made etc. On the whole a good result and some excellent passing play in the second half. Still a tad worried that we might be too reliant on getting a goal from a penalty or corner but at least we never looked like conceding. Without meaning any offence to Peterhead I think it'll be interesting to see how solid we look next week against what I'd assume is a tougher opponent.

8 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Delighted with that. I didn’t think there was too much in it until the first goal, though Airdrie probably looked a bit more likely to score, but after that I thought we controlled the game and ended up fairly comfortable winners. It was a fairly typical Airdrie win under Ian Murray, a good solid team performance and I never felt like we were going to concede. I’ll happily take that every week!

Crighton and Fordyce were excellent and managed Layne well. I thought Scott Brown had a good game for Peterhead but Kerr and Sabatini stopped him from being too involved and even Alan Cook was fairly quiet and didn’t get his usual goal against us. Certainly a lot of positives to take going into a tough game next week.

Agree,  ithought Gallagher played the lone striker well, hold up play and first touch was excellent,   we have the ability to outplay teams in midfield,  with Stokes in there, if he starts in place of McKay or Thomson,   for a change we have options in the side, does anybody know if T histle provide steaming for away fans or is it worth a trip to watch it from the canal bank,  can only see half the pitch that way though,  suppose we are getting  used to that 😉😁

Did not stream the match so obviously cannot comment on how it went. Had a look at the text & according to it we were holding our own until half time. We always tend to miss Si Ferry so pity he had to go off early on. Losing another 3 players within 5 minutes of each other made a hard job next to impossible, had a huge turnover of players this year so not too concerned about losing today.. Hopefully re group & recover in time for next week.

Pleased with that. Thought the first half was very bitty with a lot of loose and second balls all over the park. Once we got the goal though we never looked like losing. Layne got in amongst it but never really created any chances for himself or others and I thought Crighton and Fordyce dealt with him well. Defence were rock solid as always and cracking goal (from a corner!) for Fordyce. Hope Max Currie packs his reading glasses alongside his gloves. 

We improved in the second half with some nice passages of play. Carrick was a class act as always, Sabatini and Kerr played well once again and thought Gallagher had a terrific game in the lone striker role. Some good hold-up play and lovely touches. Hope he can get off the mark soon. O'Reilly was busy when he came on and it was a shame he never got the chance to run at Conroy the whole game. Another game where we pressed well off the ball. Hope that will be a feature of our play for the duration of the season. I would still like to see a wee bit more guile in the middle of the park, i.e. Stokes and Robert to feature more, but can't complain at all. 

Overall, a really solid and comfortable home win and a clean sheet. It's great to be back (even if it's not quite the same). 

Edited by airdrieman

It's hard to judge as others have said when it's a wee screen with occasional technical issues. The first goal was crucial as always and that let us dominate the 2nd half. I would have given Carrick MOTM but Fordyce gets it from what he did at both ends. Although there is great energy from Paul McKay I still don't quite get it but if it keeps us going forward then I can live with it. It was a pity about Si Ferry going off injured. I had enjoyed his print media stuff today. Whether the Layne injury helped us as well will always be for debate as our CBs looked composed all game. I almost got the single goal prediction correct but will take more goals again next week.  The frozen screen and the fixed 4 minute were annoying but I was thankful Brian and John kept me on track ( despite Brian wanting us to play QOS a few times) . Still need to get a bit more byeline breakthrough/crossing from Thomson.

On 16/10/2020 at 19:12, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Expect he'll come off the bench. Would be surprised if he started given that he only joined up with the squad yesterday

He also hadn't trained for 12 days prior due to self isolating....

Edited by C4mmy31

On 17/10/2020 at 17:24, AndyDD said:

Mon The Diamonds. Idle Hands Match report to follow... eh, tomorrow or Monday. 

As promised... 

I make no apologies for the fact that this is focused on Airdrie but I hope I wasn't too unfair on Peterhead, who I thought competed well, as per and suffered unfortunate injury after unfortunate injury.

https://www.idlehandsduffy.com/post/diamond-watches-airdrieonians-2-0-peterhead

Edited by AndyDD