Failed Statelet Premier League & Other Divisions 2020/21

Jacksgranda

9 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Enjoyed the final from Lurgan tonight, Larne had a real go at the start of the second half but the result never seemed in doubt, despite a late consolation. A huge lift for Linfield as they try to seal the double on Tuesday night. Young Joel Cooper deserved MOM for me tonight.

Didn't even realise it was on last night! :o

Didn't even realise it was on last night! [emoji33]

Yep strange that the IFA decided to move it to the Friday night, not quite sure why, irrespective of the League programme this Tuesday?[emoji848]

Linfield do the double as it finishes Coleraine 1 Linfield 1, a draw was probably a fair enough result

Congrats to David Healy and his side. They’ve deserved it overall for me. Hopefully a good battle to look forward to next year. With an improved Glens side, Larne staying the pace and Coleraine having another crack at it.
Some game at Taylors Ave tonight btw. Carrick 2 - 0 in front against Glenavon and end up losing 3-6! [emoji15] Was looking so promising too for Scott Irvine to stake a claim for the full time gig. Still puzzled at Currie’s departure though!?

On 16/10/2020 at 21:38, Jacksgranda said:

And that's how it finished. Much improved second 45 from Coleraine, although they couldn't have been much worse and they were playing against 10 men. For the last 15 minutes they reverted to playing high balls into the land of the giants, total waste of time.

That's the sort of result that come the end of the season proves decisive.

Congratulations to Linfield, both they and Coleraine won their final games.

Coleraine bridesmaids once again, don't think I'll ever see them lift the Gibson Cup again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57290634

An interesting closed season to develop at Windsor with the Blues going full time. Probably have to replace Andy Waterworth, Mark Haughey & maybe Jamie Mulgrew whilst young Shayne Lavery looks for a move over to England.
Know that Haughey has been out for some time until his recent return, but that’s still quite a bit of business to do; to adequately cover the others, and before anyone else considers their livelihood outside the game and the length of contracts on offer? [emoji848]

More controversy from the Penalty spot tonight for Crusaders, in their Euro playoff game with Cliftonville. It looked clearly over the line in the replay!
Bordeline IMO

Linesman's view potentially obstructed IMO.

What a f**k up. [emoji23]20210601_231509.jpeg

Bordeline IMO

Linesman's view potentially obstructed IMO.

What a f**k up. [emoji23]20210601_231509.thumb.jpeg.523f09f93d0dafb8620c0ecb3d4bee06.jpeg

Don’t exactly need a hi-tech VAR System to call that one correctly eh!? [emoji849] Imagine losing 5-4 on that decision too![emoji15]

Crusaders haven't had much luck with penalties. have they?

Stephen Baxter very gracious on Radio Ulster there now, said that the ref and linesman had apologised to him/the team, and that was the end of the matter.

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Crusaders haven't had much luck with penalties. have they?

Stephen Baxter very gracious on Radio Ulster there now, said that the ref and linesman had apologised to him/the team, and that was the end of the matter.

Gracious indeed! If Cliftonville go on to beat Larne on Saturday they'll net a minimum of *250,000 (euros) competing in the UEFA ECL!  eek. 

(*according to the Belfast Telegraph)

21 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Gracious indeed! If Cliftonville go on to beat Larne on Saturday they'll net a minimum of *250,000 (euros) competing in the UEFA ECL!  eek. 

(*according to the Belfast Telegraph)

I've heard Baxter quite a lot being interviewed, being a pundit, and he's always struck me as a pretty grounded and reasonable individual, obviously passionate about his job, but realises there are far more important things than winning football matches

Edited by Jacksgranda

Quite enjoyed that, Larne comfortably running out 3-1 winners. McDaid a deserved MotM.
I know they’ve had some money thrown at them but think they’ve deserved something else out of this season (in addition to the Antrim Shield) from what they have contributed in the league and cup competitions. Quite something to see Larne competing in Europe next season. Pleased for them.

5 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Quite enjoyed that, Larne comfortably running out 3-1 winners. McDaid a deserved MotM.
I know they’ve had some money thrown at them but think they’ve deserved something else out of this season (in addition to the Antrim Shield) from what they have contributed in the league and cup competitions. Quite something to see Larne competing in Europe next season. Pleased for them.

I can't believe I've seen John Herron go from bang average to potentially playing in Europe.

6 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Thoroughly enjoyable game, McDaid with 2 and set up the other. Agree that Larne deserved the European place and they've earned it on merit.

Thought the ref tried to let things flow as far as practicable.

I can't believe I've seen John Herron go from bang average to potentially playing in Europe.

Perhaps he just needed a decent run in the side? [emoji848] He’s been in the starting line up for most of the season at Inver Park. Not sure what his injury record is like but seems he’s struggled to command a regular place at his previous clubs including the Glens.