Taskmaster

Miguel Sanchez

8 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I'm not the biggest Frankie Boyle fan, but really looking forward to seeing him on this. 

Same here. The series trailer has a very brief clip of him in a wig and a dress so at least it looks he's embraced the silliness of the show.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MSU said:

The guy out of Ghosts already coming across as less of a confused fanny than the woman out of Ghosts. 

I really liked Charlotte Ritchie when she was on. Her utter despair when she watched herself make a complete arse of the tasks was hilarious.

Reasonable start to the series. Didn't like the silent wedding dance one, but the rest was pretty good.

5 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Good start. 

Jenny Eclair still a one-joke wonder, I see. 

She seems not to have checked up at all on what she's let herself in for with this show. Her reaction to the 2nd part of the string task suggests she wasn't expecting any sort of trickery to be pulled on them. However, the way Alex revealed her time for that task in the studio was unusually cruel by his standards, albeit still very funny.

My big takeaway from last night is that Ivo has potential to be an inspired disaster of a contestant. I really hope his baffling attempt at sabotaging Kiell has now set the tone for the remaining live tasks.

*Ivo Graham seems to be one of these contestants that is very clever in general, but will probably fall into the bottom two. 
Mae martin started well last week and seems like she will be there or thereabouts at the end. 

*apologies that i seem to have written it like they are football teams. 

8 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Not as good this week but still entertaining. Big fan of Ivo and the single breath task!

Could they have taken their t-shirts off for the live task? Or spun them round?

It doesn’t say they couldn’t. That was my first thought as well.

3 hours ago, buchan30 said:

It doesn’t say they couldn’t. That was my first thought as well.

Reading between the lines is essential. I still remember the show where the contestants came out of the caravan and found the task was pinned on a wall across the yard, with a telescope pointing at it. Only after they'd done the task did Greg reveal that nobody had told them they had to use the telescope to read the task!

54 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

The task with Frankie Boyle and the golfer was the funniest thing I have seen in ages. But then again, I fucking hate golf

They were Like little school children. You could see the delight in alexs’ face. I initially thought the guy had been brought in as part of the task, but then they revealed the house looks out onto a golf course. 

2 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

They were Like little school children. You could see the delight in alexs’ face. I initially thought the guy had been brought in as part of the task, but then they revealed the house looks out onto a golf course. 

That was well known already, wasn't it?

There have been a few tasks in the past where folk looked over the fence in the garden and saw the golf course

45 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

That was well known already, wasn't it?

There have been a few tasks in the past where folk looked over the fence in the garden and saw the golf course

I think so, I'm sure there was a task filmed on it at some point. Can remember there being carnage with Sarah, Charlotte and Jamali on a golf course