Taskmaster

Miguel Sanchez

I really enjoyed the final episode, and I think the 5 contestants have been as good a combination as they've ever had, the mix was fantastic. Loved Julian's absolute contempt for Alex and the show all the way through, and as close as it was, I think the right person won in the end. I'd never heard of Sam Campbell before, but I found his random weirdness quite endearing. As much as it feels like they are running out of ideas with the tasks, some of the ones this series were very good (for balance, there were some really shite ones as well). I haven't laughed as hard in ages as I did at the hotel task, especially the team of three. "Punch the c**t" was also a good laugh as well.

• 3 months later...

I enjoyed it a lot, although the painting task was a bit hard to follow. Steve Pemberton was annoyingly competent, but I love him so he gets a free pass from me whatever he does. Sophie Willan was great, I was not aware of her before but I thought she was wonderful. The entertainingly bad contestants are always the best ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Mentioned it on the podcast as well, but they are absolutely playing on the fact he is desperate to win it and find a way round the tasks. Part of me thinks that they are building up to an episode where it happens.