Taskmaster

Miguel Sanchez

23 hours ago, Squalor Vic said:

Going against the grain by looks of it in here, but I think Fern is great value. Really enjoyed this series 

I'm really enjoying Fern as well, although I did think she'd be doing better at the tasks in general. It's typical of how things are going for her in that the secret language team task. For once, she seems to get to grips it with quickly but it's then undermined by John and Dara's incompetence.

That said, her pronunciation of "thespian" during the prize task this week was the first time the Limmy picture that's been appearing here the past few weeks has actually sprung to mind.

I'm sort of also gaining a begrudging respect for Munya's unshakable confidence, no matter how stupid he's being. It's especially impressive considering the team tasks have mostly involved Sarah openly laughing at him and his idiotic suggestions.

Edited by captainkev

Glad Fern got a win tonight. She got shafted in the prize task scoring, but they'd clearly lined up the tasks to give her the best chance of winning at least one episode. She still managed to make hard work of the live task in the end, even with John and Sarah effectively out of the running.

John chucking his jacket away before the start of each task is a classicly pointless long-running joke; much like Acaster refusing to say hello to Alex. That it never gets brought up by Alex at the time, or later in the studio, just makes it all the funnier for me.

Glad Fern got a win tonight. She got shafted in the prize task scoring, but they'd clearly lined up the tasks to give her the best chance of winning at least one episode. She still managed to make hard work of the live task in the end, even with John and Sarah effectively out of the running.
John chucking his jacket away before the start of each task is a classicly pointless long-running joke; much like Acaster refusing to say hello to Alex. That it never gets brought up by Alex at the time, or later in the studio, just makes it all the funnier for me.

I wasn’t sure how harsh greg was going to be in the final task because, she does take her hands off her head a few times, but maybe he said nothing because she was having to adjust her dress.

19 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

I wasn’t sure how harsh greg was going to be in the final task because, she does take her hands off her head a few times, but maybe he said nothing because she was having to adjust her dress.

They very may well have picked her up for that earlier in the series. I guess they didn’t really want to take it off her when she was on the verge of finally winning.

Especially as last series Judy contrived to screw up both her chances to win episodes in the live tasks despite being given plenty of help/advice.

Frankie boyle on the new series will absolute carnage. Nae idea who mae martin and kiell smith are. Good episode tonight. Is Dara’s score the highest they have had for a winner since going to 10 episodes?
John looked like a man, who was just glad this hell had came to an end. I hadn’t heard of him before and thought he would be shite, but over the ten episodes he has really grown on me. Sarah would have been a worthy winner, but her and Dara have been really consistent over the piece.

Ivo Graham is great. If I was picking people who hadn't done it yet, I'd definitely have had him in my top five. 

If you had to compare him to previous contestants he's probably along the lines of Jon Richardson with an element of Joe Thomas awkwardness about him. He won't mind making a fool of himself but I could see him hating having to do any task involving talking to a stranger.

Jenny Eclair on the other hand is god awful and could easily surpass the likes of Liza Tarbuck and Judi Love as the most annoying contestant ever.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Solid end to a fairly good series. Was rooting for Sarah to win but can't really argue with Dara overall. The grape task is yet another pinched from the New Zealand show too. Fern was on great form tonight, I particularly enjoyed her logic that her dead stuffed bird should be allowed to fly free/be launched over the caravan. Munya is clearly the worst contestant they've had for prize tasks. He has brought in some utter horseshit and yet seems absolutely shocked whenever it's pointed out.

John's the best contestant they've had since Wozniak. Good night sweet Prince...

As for next series: Jenny Eclair wasn't a comedian I was particularly hoping to see on the show tbh, but I try to be optimistic she'll be a pleasant surprise. I never once thought Taskmaster would be something Frankie Boyle might be up for, I'm fascinated to see how he does. Ivo's been around a while, done a fair bit of TV stuff with Fern and is generally pretty good. All I know about Mae is that she has her own show on Netflix that also stars Charlotte Ritchie, and I'm not familiar with Kiell at all.

9 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Jenny Eclair on the other hand is god awful and could easily surpass the likes of Liza Tarbuck and Judi Love as the most annoying contestant ever.

TBF I thought that about Sarah Millican but she was okay.

Jenny Eclair's latest meaningful contribution was complaining about an innocent Dulux paint advert, the daft cow. Really don't know much about the other 3. I know Kiell's face from an episode of Friday Night Dinner and see he's involved with Ghosts which I have on my watchlist. Frankie should be the star but Eclair is the type who will try to steal and ultimately ruin the show. As someone else said, Judi Love was atrocious (so much so I had to watch actual episodes in parts at times) but this bampot may well overtake her.

Dara a deserved winner in the end. Be happy to see him return. John was pretty shit throughout but absolutely hilarious.