Taskmaster

Miguel Sanchez

• 3 months later...
44 minutes ago, MSU said:

Is that two Scottish contestants in 14 series now?

Fern Brady was the worst bit too. 

Been said before I'm sure, but for me the fixation with booking only comedians is tiresome after 14 seasons. Get other 'famous' people on who aren't necessarily known for being funny, please. 

Finally caught up. Took me an age to get through S13 as I can only stomach Judi Love in small doses.

Thought the new episode was fine. Surprised how little Millican annoyed me. The Scottish lassie seems far more obnoxious.

I saw Fern Brady at the Fringe about 9-10 years ago. She was part of one of those variety shows at The Tron in Hunter Square.

Others on the bill such as Steve Bugeja, Josh Pugh and Laura Lexx have had differing levels of success since then (Lexx is on Mock The Week tonight) and what reminded me of this was Brady in last night's show, on a couple of occasions,  wanting to just give up feeling she had done the minimum required and she did exactly the same in that variety show when she asked the compere "that's 5 minutes, is that enough?"

I reminded her of this on Twitter a few years back and she had a bit of a heads-gone, calling me a few choice sweary things before blocking me.

I saw Fern Brady at the Fringe about 9-10 years ago. She was part of one of those variety shows at The Tron in Hunter Square.
Others on the bill such as Steve Bugeja, Josh Pugh and Laura Lexx have had differing levels of success since then (Lexx is on Mock The Week tonight) and what reminded me of this was Brady in last night's show, on a couple of occasions,  wanting to just give up feeling she had done the minimum required and she did exactly the same in that variety show when she asked the compere "that's 5 minutes, is that enough?"
I reminded her of this on Twitter a few years back and she had a bit of a heads-gone, calling me a few choice sweary things before blocking me.

This is in no way a dig as I've already had a pop at her in here myself. But I've noticed she sometimes seems to be miles away when there is banter being thrown about. I thought she was just being a bit of an arsehole but I read an article about her which says she has recently been diagnosed with autism. I assume that's part of it and she obviously isn't being obnoxious like I originally thought. And yes I do feel bad. Her telling of her dad's reaction to the news was pretty funny on both his and her side mind you.

Her accent still grinds on me but she is a 100% wid which makes up for it.

On 08/10/2022 at 21:53, Mark Connolly said:

It's some effort, but Munya is definitely the most annoying this series

Watching him get smacked in his smug face by the task coming off the treadmill is right up there with the best ever moments. 

I'm enjoying this series a lot more than I thought I would when I saw the lineup. 

Watching him get smacked in his smug face by the task coming off the treadmill is right up there with the best ever moments. 
I'm enjoying this series a lot more than I thought I would when I saw the lineup. 
I enjoyed the airport task where he declared "technology is like breathing to me" before utterly failing to use a laminator properly.

They did that task within a task in the 2nd season of the New Zealand Taskmaster* and I knew it was only a matter of time before Alex pinched it; especially as they've already reused a few of the NZ live tasks now. It's a bloody genius idea.

Been a good run so far, even if Dara winning already feels like a foregone conclusion. Had never seen anything of John Kearns before this but he's quickly becoming the highlight of this series.

*well worth a watch if you've not seen any of it yet. It's usually all on youtube and the 2nd season is up there with the best of the UK Taskmaster series.

Edited by captainkev