Taskmaster

Miguel Sanchez

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

As Judi was “showing off”, I commented to the current future Mrs Connolly that I could imagine that being pretty much the entirety of her standup routine.

Didn’t expect Sophie to basically say the same thing on the show though!

That's Chris and Sophie both had a couple of cracking zingers in the studio at Judi's expense in successive weeks.

Tbf I had a good laugh at Judi bragging about being in the popular Mum's WhatsApp group. She must be the least bothered contestant the show's ever had though. Clearly couldn't be arsed listening to what she had to do in the live task to win the episode.

Greg's being pretty generous with dishing out points again this series so it's still hard to call. Sophie's been gradually having more of an impact on the show in the last 2-3 episodes and now she's in front. I do think it'll be between her and Chris though, because as much as I'd like to see Bridget win, she's guaranteed at least one bonkers moment per episode that undermines her chances.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Champion of Champions 2 arrives 23rd June. Having been reminded who's all in it i'll be it's not a full series.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/--bhg4N2C48

Sadly it's only going to be the one-off episode unlike the two episodes we got for the previous C.o.C.

Long overdue though. By the time this airs we'll already know who'll be the third contestant in C.o.C 3!

Given that the tasks aren't shown in chronological order, I've always thought that they are arranged in such a way that each contestant has a decent chance of winning at least one episode, with Greg's opinion and the live task always having the potential to muck that up. Judi will NEVER have a better chance to win an episode than last night.

On 10/06/2022 at 13:51, MSU said:

Given that the tasks aren't shown in chronological order, I've always thought that they are arranged in such a way that each contestant has a decent chance of winning at least one episode, with Greg's opinion and the live task always having the potential to muck that up. Judi will NEVER have a better chance to win an episode than last night.

It wouldn't surprise me if she wins the finale tonight.  No idea who I want to win - I was rooting for Chris at the start but Sophie has really grown on me.

Dream scenario - Ardal smashes it and wins :D 

That first task gave me the dry boak. Absolute Genius from Sophie and Bridget on the duck task, or at least i thought Bridgets was until they showed that clip at the end.
Overall i think judie has finished where she deserved, along with Ardal*. A good series overall. Champions of champions next week should be good, just as long as that c**t Herring doesn’t win it.

*I had initially commented on the placing of the other 3 before realising people might not have seen it yet.

On 23/05/2022 at 09:38, GordonD said:

Do the contestants have to choose an outfit at the start, that they then wear for all of their filmed tasks? Because Phil Wang was always seen in that yellow tracksuit which didn't conceal anything; presumably after the first day he'd have chosen something else if he was allowed to.

I’ve always assumed that because the tasks are all filmed over the course of just a few days, some contestants choose a zany outfit and others just wear what they have turned up in. Could be wrong but that’s how it looks.

To the poster saying Paul Chowdhry was box office; yes, absolutely. I genuinely don’t think he had ever seen a second of the show before he took part in it. He completed some of the tasks like his life was on the line, and the rest of them like he couldn’t give a flying monkeys. I watched some of his stand up routine after he had been on Taskmaster, and I didn’t think it was the best. Goes too far in the direction of Romesh Ranganathan where every situation in his life can be directly related to the fact that he is a British Asian man. 

5 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I’ve always assumed that because the tasks are all filmed over the course of just a few days, some contestants choose a zany outfit and others just wear what they have turned up in. Could be wrong but that’s how it looks.

People obviously treat it differently, but they are asked for a set "costume". That's just so the costume department can have a spare. As multiple tasks are filmed in a day and some can get messy etc.

11 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Champion of champions. Greig was a bit too generous with the scoring of the eventual winner, almost like he wanted them to be the winner from the start.

Tbh if anything I thought they were scored a little harshly on the painting/hole task. The butcher and the bumface efforts were far worse imo. 

The Series 14 line-up looks good though. I was kind of anticipating Sarah Millican due to a poster on reddit with far too much time on their hands. They noticed that a few weeks back she had cancelled some shows on her tour on the same nights they were doing the studio recordings for this upcoming series.

Edited by captainkev