Taskmaster

Miguel Sanchez

7 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Judi's boring at the tasks but her attempts to blag points by bigging up her failures on the prize task are a good laugh and she does a good deadpan stare that still cracks Greg up when she does it.

In another universe she mighta been a good Taskmaster herself.

Can you give me the number of your dealer?

There is usually at least one contestant I can't stand in every series (Sara Pascoe, Nish Kumar, Noel Fielding would be excellent examples), but I usually come away from the series with something they have done that I've found really funny or clever.

We're halfway through the series, and my hatred of Judi Love has actually increased. She's a fucking pain in the tits

Clearly none of them have seen it before if they didn't twig that a task about raising the water in a fish tank that had a statue of Archimedes next to it might have a cheat way of winning.

I think i definitely would have clicked with the key task and even that other one a couple of episodes ago about the photo having two parts to it. (Although admittedly not have known what the second part was) but i would never have guessed the Archimedes statue was a way of helping.

I thought this weeks episode was the best so far this series. 

Judi Love is probably the most annoying contestant yet but at least this week she admitted her stupidity at one point and did it with a bit of grace (by her standards anyway).

I suspect she was happy to give up on the last task though as the only person to chuck a duck out their sleeping bag, and quickly too. It would have been easy to distinguish a rubber duck from the balls by its shape (though again she may just not have listened to the rules).

The water displacement task was one crying out that their would be a hidden answer somewhere. I didn't think Ardal just pouring water in should have been allowed but he did have the kernel of a good idea in there. Using multiple long things like the mallet which stuck out the water was the key, as you'd have been able to angle them differently to change how much space they took up.

Bridget putting the keys in her boots was genius. If Alex had to recover them, she could have just ran away. If she needed them, they were right there. I'm not 100% sure that was intentional on her part though. 

Edited by Jaggy Snake

The high five task - both the concept and production of it - was one of the highlights of the entire shows run. 

The current season feels a lot closer to the early runs - a lot tighter in terms of editing, the tasks feel a bit less weird than the Covid ones, and the whole thing just flows a lot better. Still waiting for the killer moment in the season, like the Gamble/Baddiel drawing task or the Rhod Gilbert wardrobe incident, but as a whole this five are not too bad. Judi's sense of humour just ain't working for me and Sophie sits far too quietly in the studio to be of any interest, but they seem to work as a group.

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Sausage mixer 🤣🤣

Mrs WRK has spent years asking me why I'm watching "that stupid low-budget shite". (I'm a long-term fan)

She was absolutely buckled for a good ten minutes after watching Ramsey and Horne getting battered by chipolatas. That Geordie lad is adding plenty of value with his mad games this series.

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Mrs WRK has spent years asking me why I'm watching "that stupid low-budget shite". (I'm a long-term fan)

She was absolutely buckled for a good ten minutes after watching Ramsey and Horne getting battered by chipolatas. That Geordie lad is adding plenty of value with his mad games this series.

Looks like Chris Ramsey is treating this as an interview to become Horne's apprentice.

Ramsey can be a pain in the tits on other stuff, but he's hit the perfect balance on this between trying to win and doing completely mental shit.

His reaction when the Sausage Machine started was brilliant, totally obvious that he had come up with the idea, but hadn't tested it, and was suddenly shitting himself.

Best episode of the series so far

On 13/05/2022 at 20:10, Mark Connolly said:

Can you give me the number of your dealer?

There is usually at least one contestant I can't stand in every series (Sara Pascoe, Nish Kumar, Noel Fielding would be excellent examples), but I usually come away from the series with something they have done that I've found really funny or clever.

We're halfway through the series, and my hatred of Judi Love has actually increased. She's a fucking pain in the tits

Nish Kumar was an unbelievably grating contestant. There was a few times in the studio where he was so loud and over bearing, even when it was other contestants being discussed, that you could see Greg Davies visibly losing patience with him. It may have helped if the stuff he was saying was in the slightest bit funny, but on the majority of occasions it was just nonsense. 

That’s reminded me of Sally Phillips who was a contestant that year. She’s probably about 20 years older than me but she was very easy on the eye during that series. 

25 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I liked Kumar in his series. He's hideously unfunny and something about him gives me the creeps, but his shitness was endearing (and he only mentioned brexit once).

I don’t doubt he’s a nice person, and his inoffensive comedic style means he comes across as quite a compassionate character, but he’s about as funny as a kick in the stones. Bob Mortimer was on the same series as him so he probably managed to slip under the radar a bit. If he had been on with a weaker line up, like this current season, then I think it would have been more glaring just how unfunny and domineering he was.  

38 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I liked Kumar in his series. He's hideously unfunny and something about him gives me the creeps, but his shitness was endearing (and he only mentioned brexit once).

I'm by no means a fan of Nish Kumar but agree that I liked him on Taskmaster. He was bit much in the lstudio but thought he was fine in the recorded tasks. His 'bubbly f**k' moment is a highlight for me across the run of the show.

10 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

A lot of his humour seems to lie in pointing out that he isn't Romesh Ranganathan. Well, that's obvious because he didn't identify himself as Vegan within the first couple of minutes.

If we're talking about the best contestants as well as the worst or most annoying, I will nominate Paul Chowdhry. Complete box office, I'm not sure I've ever seen him on anything before so I don't know if being unbelievably thick and impulsive and thick is his "thing" but it was fucking hilarious on Taskmaster.

Do the contestants have to choose an outfit at the start, that they then wear for all of their filmed tasks? Because Phil Wang was always seen in that yellow tracksuit which didn't conceal anything; presumably after the first day he'd have chosen something else if he was allowed to.

5 hours ago, GordonD said:

Do the contestants have to choose an outfit at the start, that they then wear for all of their filmed tasks? Because Phil Wang was always seen in that yellow tracksuit which didn't conceal anything; presumably after the first day he'd have chosen something else if he was allowed to.

I think they usually ask the contestants to wear the same outfit each day for continuity. I'm pretty sure they've allowed contestants to change though (Lee Mack definitely had different outfits).

I don't think Phil Wang realised the issue with his outfit until he seen the footage in the studio (so was too late by that point)