Taskmaster

Miguel Sanchez

Stirling tried too hard to be the centre of attention and his irritating accent didn't help. Acaster is probably one of my favourites but Mike has been very good in this series. I think Lee Mack would have been up there if there was an audience.

On 12/05/2021 at 03:05, 19QOS19 said:

Stirling tried too hard to be the centre of attention and his irritating accent didn't help. Acaster is probably one of my favourites but Mike has been very good in this series. I think Lee Mack would have been up there if there was an audience.

I expected Lee Mack to walk most of the tasks because he's got such a sharp head on his shoulders, he seems made for the show. I listen to the aftershow podcast and a few guests on there have mentioned that he frequently goes off on long riffs that they end up having to cut. But he does seem a different Lee Mack to the one on Would I Lie To You, f'rinstance.

Gutted Mike never won, would love to see him back. Sarah annoyed me greatly early doors but I ended up liking her and thinking she was very milfy.

Not sure about the next lot. I only know Davies and Coren Mitchell. The latter another milf. No idea who the other 3 are tbh. Really hope there is an audience this time around.

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Really hope there is an audience this time around.

Listening to the podcast all the tasks were filmed during lockdown. As it doesn't debut until September kind of hoping they've held off on filming the studio tasks until they could get a crowd in.

Listening to the podcast all the tasks were filmed during lockdown. As it doesn't debut until September kind of hoping they've held off on filming the studio tasks until they could get a crowd in.
The longer it went on the more I noticed the 'audience' noise and it started to really piss me off. It was almost as bad as canned laughter.

That was a quality series. Great bunch of contestants and a much better vibe than last season when Daisy's apparent hated for Richard right from the start kinda ruined it a bit for me. Mike just cemented himself as an al-time top contestant and surely has to be the best one ever not to win. So between setting me on to Mike and Charolotte in Ghosts, this series is right up there as one of my favourites. Had there been a proper audience, it might have been the pick of the bunch.

On the new series, I quite like Morganna Robinson as well as Davies and Coren Mitchell.

Mike Wozniak was brilliant in the series that just finished, and yet also left me a little disappointed. His performance deserved a studio audience.

On 21/05/2021 at 14:50, FairWeatherFan said:

Unfortunately they've not. They did screenings of the shows earlier this month in a cinema in London for the audience noise. 

They use https://www.sroaudiences.com/ if anyone is interested in attending future shows.

• 3 months later...