Cove vs East Fife

Nae match thread yet? Booooo.

Absolutely nae idea what to expect here, Cove look decent going forward on paper and from what I've heard have done well in the League Cup so far, but I think I saw us at 3/1 at the bookies which seems rather large if you ask me. Expect a tight game.  Not sure if anyone's carrying a knock, for us I'd go:

Long

Murdoch Dunlop Higgins Slattery

Dunsmore Davidson Agnew Swanson

Hamilton Wallace

Murdoch to midfield seems the more sensible option, with Watson seamlessly slotting into RB, I’ve no fears if it’s Newton that’s picked but I think Nails will supply some much needed muscle in what is going to be a bit of a battle with both teams wanting to win the match and set their stall out early in regard to their League intentions!!!

2 hours ago, sammytroot said:

Davidson suspended for this game after his sending-off at Airdrie.

Will Murdoch move forward to midfield to accommodate Watson or will Newton keep his place.? Personally would go for the most experienced players we have.

That seems so long ago it should be forgiven. I think it was in the last minute? Hope we can all get to attend a game soon. Best luck for the season.

On 15/10/2020 at 18:23, Big Fifer said:

Nae match thread yet? Booooo.

Absolutely nae idea what to expect here, Cove look decent going forward on paper and from what I've heard have done well in the League Cup so far, but I think I saw us at 3/1 at the bookies which seems rather large if you ask me. Expect a tight game.  Not sure if anyone's carrying a knock, for us I'd go:

Long

Murdoch Dunlop Higgins Slattery

Dunsmore Davidson Agnew Swanson

Hamilton Wallace

There aren't too many Cove fans on P&B sadly. East Fife have strengthened in the last couple of months it seems and tomorrow will be an interesting and challenging opener for Cove.

Against Hibs we looked the better side in the first half and showed so much promise. We were quicker to ball, pressed them and we're good going forward. Against Brora we made about 6 changes and it showed.

Fancy Mitch and Masson to get on the score sheet.

Looking forward to watching our first game in L1 and seeing East Fife in action.

There aren't too many Cove fans on P&B sadly. East Fife have strengthened in the last couple of months it seems and tomorrow will be an interesting and challenging opener for Cove.
Against Hibs we looked the better side in the first half and showed so much promise. We were quicker to ball, pressed them and we're good going forward. Against Brora we made about 6 changes and it showed.
Fancy Mitch and Masson to get on the score sheet.
Looking forward to watching our first game in L1 and seeing East Fife in action.
Just seems like yesterday Cove and Culter battling it out for the Amateur League title. Well done to the club for the progress over the years. Steady building process, rather than the hell for leather , win or bust, tactic that usually ends in tears.
Will be a tough game, both sides desperate to win. Not even going to attempt a prediction.
#monthefife

I managed to watch Cove a few times last season and they are a decent team who like to play from the back. Should be a decent game between these two teams I’d imagine. 

Is Fraser Fyvie injured? He hasn’t played in either of the Betfred Cup games. He was a stand out playing in the SPFL2 and will likely be the same this season at this level. 

1 hour ago, 7 Eleven said:

I managed to watch Cove a few times last season and they are a decent team who like to play from the back. Should be a decent game between these two teams I’d imagine. 

Is Fraser Fyvie injured? He hasn’t played in either of the Betfred Cup games. He was a stand out playing in the SPFL2 and will likely be the same this season at this level. 

He is injured, word he could return today. Definitely a boost if he does play!

11 hours ago, smuggfifer said:

Just seems like yesterday Cove and Culter battling it out for the Amateur League title. Well done to the club for the progress over the years. Steady building process, rather than the hell for leather , win or bust, tactic that usually ends in tears.
Will be a tough game, both sides desperate to win. Not even going to attempt a prediction.
#monthefife

It's been a fair old rise so far. I'm sure  Brora will be looking to make the step up through the pyramid as well.

Interested to see Jack Hamilton and Danny Swanson, both are good players at this level!

Let the season commence! Hopefully I'll get my first visit to Bayview in the return fixture

Cove start like this. No Fyvie but Scully will do the defensive midfield role just as well.

McAllister on the bench which I predict is where he will be most of the season to be fair.

For me I'd like to see Seb Ross rather than Semple.

Only 1 new signing makes the starting 11 for the season opener so sticking with a familiar side.

Screenshot_20201017-142847.jpg