Hamilton vs St Johnstone - 17/10/20

You know what I'm quite looking forward to this game now. We've had a weeks rest, scored 9 goals in 2 games and generally played alright (I get the opposition wasn't the best). All 3 strikers now have goals to their names and Spoony is looking in one of his form phases where he'll try outrageous things and sometimes they come off, he also has a lovely habit of scoring against Hamilton.

I just wonder whether we go with a back 4 in this game now that Callum Booth is injury free. If that happens I suspect that Liam Gordon drops out. I also can't envisage Bryson playing on the plastic straight off the bat. If I were to chose the team I want it to be, it would be as followed -

Clark

McNamara - Kerr - Gordon - McCart - Booth

Davidson - McCann

Wotherspoon

May - Hendry

With Spoony given specific instructions to drift out left and cause an overload down that side, especially if McCart pushes up the line. 

10 minutes ago, Widge said:

You know what I'm quite looking forward to this game now. We've had a weeks rest, scored 9 goals in 2 games and generally played alright (I get the opposition wasn't the best). All 3 strikers now have goals to their names and Spoony is looking in one of his form phases where he'll try outrageous things and sometimes they come off, he also has a lovely habit of scoring against Hamilton.

I just wonder whether we go with a back 4 in this game now that Callum Booth is injury free. If that happens I suspect that Liam Gordon drops out. I also can't envisage Bryson playing on the plastic straight off the bat. If I were to chose the team I want it to be, it would be as followed -

Clark

Davidson - McCann

Wotherspoon

May - Hendry

With Spoony given specific instructions to drift out left and cause an overload down that side, especially if McCart pushes up the line. 

That's the team I would go with too, but expect that CD will have Conway in the team. Either a swap with Spoony or he'll take out Hendry.

Imagine it will be Tanser rather than Booth. 

Confident, but we often seem to struggle against Hamilton. Think this will be a win but a very narrow one and a nil-nil is very much a possibility. 

Hamilton charging £15 for the stream BTW.

Just win, don't care how.

We miss chances while Hamilton are a scabby club who score from their only shot, so defeat seems inevitable. 

I'd personally go along with Widges team as well apart from I think Tanser played well against Celtic so doesn't deserve to be dropped.

I agree with VB that Callum will play Conway though, and as a guess at the team he will start;

Clark

Kerr Gordon McCart

McNamara                                Tanser

Davidson McCann Conway                

Wotherspoon

May            

It feels at last that there's a bit of a selection headache as there's a few options. Leaves a bench from a choice of Parish, Booth, Rooney, Bryson, Craig, O'Halloran, Hendry, Kane.  All of which can do a job on their day.  Plus the younger players.

As RG says, three points is the target here, doesn't have to be pretty. After a positive week, another win here could really see us get a bit of momentum and hopefully start to climb the table.

6 hours ago, Widge said:

Clark

Davidson - McCann

Wotherspoon

May - Hendry

Can't see Conway not starting. Looks to be one of the first choices of manager. And playing well!

6 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Swap Hendry with Kane and that's what I'd go with.

Pity Melamed isn't available,  canny wait to see what the wee man can do.

Think he's 'available' but won't have had much, if any, training time with the team as has quarantine's up tomorrow. 

Could be worth putting him on the bench. If we somehow end up 3 ahead with 10 to play, why not let the boy have a run around on a plastic carpet in the cold and rain and we've got 5 subs to use. 

Edit actually scratch that. He'd probably end up with a 'career threatener' and leave as a free agent next summer after 9 months of rehab.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

Think the biggest issue playing Hamilton, as always, is that you've absolutely no idea how they'll set up their team/who is in their starting line up.

There's an equal chance of them playing 3-5-2 with Templeton behind 2 target men, as there is of them playing 4-3-3 with a frontline of Callachan, Brian Easton and some ringer they signed 2 days ago and never told anyone about.

Fulton
Want Odoffin McMann
Hodson Callachan Martin Munro
Templeton
Ogkmpoe Moyo

Fine with the front three, but I just don't like that back seven in this formation. If Hodson were a few inches taller he'd be good on the right of a back three.

Yeah I’m not overly concerned with Hamilton having 2 big guys up top, we should deal with that. It’s when teams run at us and try and get in behind quick we struggle a little more.

1 minute ago, Widge said:

Yeah I’m not overly concerned with Hamilton having 2 big guys up top, we should deal with that. It’s when teams run at us and try and get in behind quick we struggle a little more.

I'd be worried about the potential space Templeton might get. Gordon rarely steps up to challenge so you're relying a midfielder dropping deep.

Await our line up with interest.

Playing a CM 2, against Callachan, Martin, and Templeton, seems like absolute madness.

Horrific feeling Templeton will get the run of the place between our defence and midfield.