Livingston's First Team vs. Kilmarnock Under 10s

4 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Yes we were poor but I still think we should have got something from that game and, without 2 horrendous moments from McFlappy and a penalty for a blatant dive, we would have. Can't decide who I dislike more tonight. Greg Aitken or Robbie McCrorie

Put it this way - we'll likely only have to experience Aitken a couple of times a season.

1 hour ago, Troy.1995 said:

TBF.Thats all we want to do.Stay in the League. Expectations might be high after last season.But have to get real here.Weve punched above our weight since weve came up.Think a lot of teams supporters would love to see us go back down.Weve got the ability to stay in this league. Still time to prove the doubters wrong.Write us off at your peril. 👍 🦁 

You'll stay up.... We've faced a few teams who've looked a lot worse than Livi this season so far.

Three thoughts;

1. Brilliant result given any circumstances, much less what the squad have had to manage in the last two weeks. 

2. It's not a penalty. 

3. What the f**k are we (all) going to do when David Marshall retires? 

Couple of funny tweets reading through Callum Carson's tweets of the game.

Not sure who the offending party was but Chris Burke has just shouted that he's been 'punched in the balls'. One of the rare benefits of no fans is hearing pretty much everything said on the park.

Marvin Bartley booked for dissent. 'You're having a fucking stinker' may be dissent but in fairness it's true.

😂

I’m hungover and I’ve just watched the Sportscene highlights... I have to disagree that Livi deserved to lose/ Killie deserved to win.

Our goal was good build-up and we deserved to score from it.

Killie’s equaliser was poor defending and ‘keeping from us with Burke having too much room to collect the ricochet and McCrorie palming the ball straight out. Deserved from an attacking perspective.

Killie’s penalty was a shocker of a dive (as shown on Sportscene). Enough said. This deserved a punishment.

The cross for the 3rd was hardly vicious or ‘inviting’ rather it should be filed under speculative and lofted. McCrorie has made that a goal scoring opportunity.

We’ve hit the the post twice and the crossbar while Burke went close for Killie. I think on the balance of chances and play we deserved to score more.

It was the perfect storm of Killie being gifted goal scoring opportunities (to win) and having something to sit on. 

I disagree with the comments of both managers after the game:

Holt - ‘we dominated large parts of the game’ - I thought possession was quite even but the chances were mainly ours.

Dyer - ‘we controlled the game’ - I assume he means the second half when Killie were ahead. Given that Livi hit the woodwork 3 times and had attempts blocked I don’t buy this. I don’t think it looked like Killie would lose from 3-1 though.

But we lost and no matter how strong a rebuttal I present the points aren’t coming back 😂. So I’ll just have to settle for being a raging sour puss.

Edited by crispy

2 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

That Kili 'penalty' and the refs position...

The Wire Reaction GIF

Is there an equivalent refs league table? Or is it Irrespective of howlers they have a safe position? If the latter, The least we (Football fans) deserve is an explanation!

57 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

That Kili 'penalty' and the refs position...

The Wire Reaction GIF

As I suggested prior to yesterday's game Aitken has a history of being borderline crooked against us. In just the last 1 and bit years:

1) Yesterday's penalty.

2) Last season at home to Hearts, he misses a blatant penalty before sending one of our players off seconds later.

3) Books Steven Lawless for diving in a 1-2 loss to Dundee in 2019 while the game is at 1-1. Yellow card overturned on appeal.

There was some ridiculous stat about the number of our players he had sent off in games (5 in 8 I believe at one point). 

It's hard to believe the guy does not have a bias against us at this point. Why the f**k he would, I have zero idea.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

6 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

As I suggested prior to yesterday's game Aitken has a history of being borderline crooked against us. In just the last 1 and bit years:

1) Yesterday's penalty.

2) Last season at home to Hearts, he misses a blatant penalty before sending one of our players off seconds later.

3) Books Steven Lawless for diving in a 1-2 loss to Dundee in 2019 while the game is at 1-1. Yellow card overturned on appeal.

There was some ridiculous stat about the number of our players he had sent off in games (5 in 8 I believe at one point). 

It's hard to believe the guy does not have a bias against us at this point. Why the f**k he would, I have zero idea.

Compelling arguement for sure. Similarly, I find it hard to believe that anyone else cares enough about Livi to be bias against us 

Yeah dunno what his record is like against other clubs for bad decisions, in games involving Livi you just expect something like this though, not giving a blatant pen, sending one of our players off, only giving cards to Livi players, awarding a dodgy pen to the opposition, always big decisions going against us with him. I sound paranoid, verging on the levels of an erse cheek fan, only without being interested in questioning his religious persuasion.:wacko:

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah dunno what his record is like against other clubs for bad decisions, in games involving Livi you just expect something like this though, not giving a blatant pen, sending one of our players off, only giving cards to Livi players, awarding a dodgy pen to the opposition, always big decisions going against us with him. I sound paranoid, verging on the levels of an erse cheek fan, only without being interested in questioning his religious persuasion.:wacko:

He's absolutely biased. The facts are irrefutable - he's got something against us given his record with reds (as previously mentioned was 5 in 9 at a point) and booking us for diving. His record with penalties with us is shocking also and I'm surprised we haven't took something to the SFA over it. Did he not send Jack Hamilton off against Dundee, surprise surprise another one overturned 

I’m hungover and I’ve just watched the Sportscene highlights... I have to disagree that Livi deserved to lose/ Killie deserved to win.
Our goal was good build-up and we deserved to score from it.
Killie’s equaliser was poor defending and ‘keeping from us with Burke having too much room to collect the ricochet and McCrorie palming the ball straight out.

Is our first goal not "good build up" just because your clownshoes goalkeeper flapped the ball back out into the box?

28 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He's absolutely biased. The facts are irrefutable - he's got something against us given his record with reds (as previously mentioned was 5 in 9 at a point) and booking us for diving. His record with penalties with us is shocking also and I'm surprised we haven't took something to the SFA over it. Did he not send Jack Hamilton off against Dundee, surprise surprise another one overturned 

TBF to him, one booking was for Tiff standing over the ball stopping a free kick and Broadfoot being a seasoned pro booting it off him to get him booked, and 2 others were Marv and Guthrie for dissent, telling him how shite a ref he was. Can't remember what Ambrose yellow was for, but not a single booking for a Killie player and i can remember a couple that stood out, one being a deliberate block on Marv and another on Robbo, catching him studs up in the leg on the edge of their box.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Is our first goal not "good build up" just because your clownshoes goalkeeper flapped the ball back out into the box?

Yep, and our defence wasn't great either, all running in a line towards goal and having to put the brakes on and double back when Killie played the ball behind them. You could no doubt equally find faults in your defence for our goal, so you make a valid point. One man's shite defence is another's good attack.

15 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It could also be argued Livi's goal is poor defending from our point of view.... Rossi lost a 50/50 header which was flicked on allowing a Livi player to hit the byline and cut back for he goal.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I did say ‘deserved from an attacking perspective’ (your quote has stopped just prior to that) which hints at good build up. For me the fact that the last 5 touches were Killie-Livi-Killie-Livi-Killie made it a bit scrappy but, yea, good build up to the box. Livi’s goalscoring move was flowing and sexy though ultimately futile. I wouldn’t argue that Killie were not good value for a goal, because Burke went close aswell, just not three.

It is all irrelevant now ofcourse. We got beat and I’ll stop greetin about it.

Edited by crispy