More withdrawals ?

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Of course it should only go to the clubs that are playing. Don’t think anyone would suggest otherwise.

One issue that we are all guessing at is how much each club would need to get by and how that money will be distributed. Many clubs will front load going into the season to get the through winter but that hasn’t been able to be done this year so I would hope that any funds made available is done in to alleviate that.

One word of warning on distribution of funding, the Scottish Government love to do it through grants and making organisations apply for it through, sometimes difficult, application processes. It might not be straight handouts as they have to justify the spending of public money. Clubs need to make sure they have someone able to do it for them.

To my mind any money coming out of the public coffers should be distributed by Government appointed officials. Not by the SFA/SPFL old boys network. That ensures all the clubs are independently assessed and it doesn't come down to who's clubs Chairmen they like best.

Where to even start with this thread.  basket case of a club in Darvel that will end in disaster run by a amateur manager and more money than sense chairman thats why they do what they do they haven't been in this level before therefore the mentality is totally different. 

Then those stuck in a time warp taking the moral high ground on here desperate to read of more clubs withdrawing and it just isn't happening,

Those from teams who have shat the bed claiming teams playing don't value fans is a joke statement,  they are doing what they are doing because the first thing they are thinking about is the fans!  Not burying head in sand for almost a year after not playing already for seven months hoping things just somehow get better,  damaging own clubs reputation meekly disappearing into the abyss without a fight. 

1 hour ago, Mkennedy said:

I think it should go to every club. Clubs will still have operating cost etc to cover. Especially the smaller clubs

Totally agree with that but how do you differentiate between clubs who own their own grounds and as such will have much higher operating costs than those who play on council owned grounds.

Would any funds be managed by the Govt or will it be given to the various Associations via the SFA for distribution.

I would like to think that these type of discussions have already taken place

15 minutes ago, gaswork said:

Where to even start with this thread.  basket case of a club in Darvel that will end in disaster run by a amateur manager and more money than sense chairman thats why they do what they do they haven't been in this level before therefore the mentality is totally different. 

Then those stuck in a time warp taking the moral high ground on here desperate to read of more clubs withdrawing and it just isn't happening,

Those from teams who have shat the bed claiming teams playing don't value fans is a joke statement,  they are doing what they are doing because the first thing they are thinking about is the fans!  Not burying head in sand for almost a year after not playing already for seven months hoping things just somehow get better,  damaging own clubs reputation meekly disappearing into the abyss without a fight. 

I think John been in it for 5 years but hey ho. I’m not sure if you think the amatuer thing be littles me but am pretty happy with what we achieved in amatuer football.

Take care and stay safe 

1 hour ago, clash city rocker said:

If it was me a would come back to support the team but would be less willing to part with cash for a club that obviously doesn't need it or values it. Just a personal opinion.

If the club is paying wages as per contract and there are no Talbot or Pollok pressure is on you bud :) Got to be the title surely. Best of luck , people sometimes forget what you achieved in Ammies with no money , having a few bob should be a dawdle :)

Ha thank you mate I’m sure there loads of competition still in the league, clubs with more experience than us we will see what the future brings.

We do value the supporters moneyWe value you everything they bring to the club, we are just trying to run the club as best we can. Like every business and sector we making decisions that we believe are in the best interest of the clubs long term future, a future we’re supporters are and will be the life blood of the club 

Edited by Mkennedy

What he achieved in the ammies with no money [emoji38][emoji38][emoji21]

If it was me a would come back to support the team but would be less willing to part with cash for a club that obviously doesn't need it or values it. Just a personal opinion.
If the club is paying wages as per contract and there are no Talbot or Pollok pressure is on you bud [emoji4] Got to be the title surely. Best of luck , people sometimes forget what you achieved in Ammies with no money , having a few bob should be a dawdle [emoji4]

2 hours ago, andy25 said:

What he achieved in the ammies with no money emoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji21.png

Well technically there are no wages in Ammies or transfer fees. If players get cash from other sources dunno but it's no wages. Darren Miller at Darvel left Kilbirnie and decent wages to sign for Queen's Park and no wages then went ammie when he could have probably went for the cash at numerous junior clubs. Ryan Haxton who was at Darvel was one of lowest paid players when at Kilbirnie. Chrissy Craig who played at Colville has just left Kilbirnie for Drumchapel where he will be getting nowhere near the same cash. Players at successful clubs junior or ammie always get labelled as being there just for the cash , some aye , some nope.

2 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

Well technically there are no wages in Ammies or transfer fees. If players get cash from other sources dunno but it's no wages. Darren Miller at Darvel left Kilbirnie and decent wages to sign for Queen's Park and no wages then went ammie when he could have probably went for the cash at numerous junior clubs. Ryan Haxton who was at Darvel was one of lowest paid players when at Kilbirnie. Chrissy Craig who played at Colville has just left Kilbirnie for Drumchapel where he will be getting nowhere near the same cash. Players at successful clubs junior or ammie always get labelled as being there just for the cash , some aye , some nope.

Is this the same drumchapel who have Darian McKinnon etc 

Edited by Derry

5 hours ago, sweep said:

The implications for clubs that drop out at the four week stage could be severe 1, They are no longer a member of the west of scotland association and would need to reapply next season 2, They could be fined up to £1000. 3 They could be deducted points next season. 4 They lose the £250 membership bond. 5 They are not insured to play friendlies  6 They would not be eligible for any grants or bail out money that may be coming as they are not a member of an association

No,  sanctions apply only after the four-week stage, i.e. 14th November.

See https://wosfl.co.uk/update:-13th-october-2020/

48 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

No,  sanctions apply only after the four-week stage, i.e. 14th November.

See https://wosfl.co.uk/update:-13th-october-2020/

Would be a big decision then, agree to start the season and then realise that it's gonna be one hell of a job. Covid19 makes life difficult but the sanctions look a decent threat to clubs, guess the contracts and paying players is really going to threaten some clubs ? unless they have a rich sugar daddy of course. Just wildly out of interest, could there be a League below for teams to reform, or is that the amateurs ?