More withdrawals ?

32 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

The other question i have is what happens if the SFA secure Government funding to support clubs? That funding should go to the clubs playing on without fans. Not the clubs who've decided to chuck it for a season. Right? 

Agreed - but we would need a 6 figure sum to go on as normal. That isn't coming. Let's say every club outwith the public park amateurs got £10,000 - that's £2.5 million or thereabouts.

You can bet your last raffle ticket stub that the big boys will wolf down the biggest share of any bailout so let's say THEY got money that came close to covering their average losses - say a million each?  How big a pot of cash are you anticipating?

I have said it already - I think help will go first to Licenced clubs. Those not licenced could be sitting on the pot for a while before anything drops. I don't anticipate much of a splash.

Edited by cmontheloknow

5 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

What about best interests of their fans though Mick ? Plenty of posts on here last season about how the Darvel public have returned in droves to watch the team now they seem not to be needed.

It has now been proven that players will play for significantly less wages perhaps clubs in future will not offer similar contracts as they can now it seems get by without gate receipts. No sure if players have done themselves a favour here. Clubs will be looking for play for nothing players every season :)

and i think thats the big thing in all of  this , i get why mick and john would want the season to start in their quest to get to the lowland league but in all seriousness to get there with no fans involved doesnt sit right with me , they are the ones who got behind the club and have never been thought of in all of this , if i am correct and darvel win the league this season which im sure they will i know having spoken to people in the town the ll league does not interest them one little bit , they would rather watch the team playing against the talbots , the polloks , the glens , the cumocks and the kilbirnies of this world , these are the games people want to see and what all the hard work was for 

43 minutes ago, Bawrash1 said:

Mick can I ask how you’s can afford to pay these players? I’d imagine you’s will have 1 of the biggest budgets in the league and with players not taking a reduction taking into consideration there will be no gate receipts and hospitality surely the club is going to take a big hit financially.

It’s not that players wouldn’t take a reduction,  they agreed not to take a pay until the league was confirmed as starting which was last week. the board decided what they felt was fair and reasonable for the players and viable for for the club. We are in agreement, we have consulted with players all the way through the process 

23 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

What about best interests of their fans though Mick ? Plenty of posts on here last season about how the Darvel public have returned in droves to watch the team now they seem not to be needed.

It has now been proven that players will play for significantly less wages perhaps clubs in future will not offer similar contracts as they can now it seems get by without gate receipts. No sure if players have done themselves a favour here. Clubs will be looking for play for nothing players every season :)

Of course fans are the most important part of the club, any club for that matter. They will always be needed, but we’ve taken a decision that we believe will continue to keep the club in a strong position for the coming years. 

The club made a decision based on the the outcomes we had set for the next few years and decided taking a year out could be extremely harmful to the plan we had set out. 

The other question i have is what happens if the SFA secure Government funding to support clubs? That funding should go to the clubs playing on without fans. Not the clubs who've decided to chuck it for a season. Right? 

Of course it should only go to the clubs that are playing. Don’t think anyone would suggest otherwise.

One issue that we are all guessing at is how much each club would need to get by and how that money will be distributed. Many clubs will front load going into the season to get the through winter but that hasn’t been able to be done this year so I would hope that any funds made available is done in to alleviate that.

One word of warning on distribution of funding, the Scottish Government love to do it through grants and making organisations apply for it through, sometimes difficult, application processes. It might not be straight handouts as they have to justify the spending of public money. Clubs need to make sure they have someone able to do it for them.

32 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

and i think thats the big thing in all of  this , i get why mick and john would want the season to start in their quest to get to the lowland league but in all seriousness to get there with no fans involved doesnt sit right with me , they are the ones who got behind the club and have never been thought of in all of this , if i am correct and darvel win the league this season which im sure they will i know having spoken to people in the town the ll league does not interest them one little bit , they would rather watch the team playing against the talbots , the polloks , the glens , the cumocks and the kilbirnies of this world , these are the games people want to see and what all the hard work was for 

We made a decision that we felt was in the best interest of the club, we wanted to ensure we had a strong vibrant club for the fans to return. We felt we needed to keep the momentum behind the club, people need to remember we are trying to build a club that can compete with the top sides in the country. If we took a year out we would have started back in a much weaker position, I felt we had a responsibility to ensure that didn’t happen.

If the club manages to get promoted in the coming years, then the LL is somewhere we will need to play, that was the decision we all made when we moved to the new structure 

4 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Of course it should only go to the clubs that are playing. Don’t think anyone would suggest otherwise.

One issue that we are all guessing at is how much each club would need to get by and how that money will be distributed. Many clubs will front load going into the season to get the through winter but that hasn’t been able to be done this year so I would hope that any funds made available is done in to alleviate that.

One word of warning on distribution of funding, the Scottish Government love to do it through grants and making organisations apply for it through, sometimes difficult, application processes. It might not be straight handouts as they have to justify the spending of public money. Clubs need to make sure they have someone able to do it for them.

I think it should go to every club. Clubs will still have operating cost etc to cover. Especially the smaller clubs

38 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Fair play to Mr Gall if the fans aren’t allowed back in as he will need deep pockets, I just hope that if that is the case it’s not a loan as that could set the club back financially for years and that would be a worse scenario in my eyes than not being promoted.

45 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Yip. Can see fans being less than enthusiastic about fund raising in the future. A successful Darvel is all about the fans , the village a know that's what it's all about for yourself.

The implications for clubs that drop out at the four week stage could be severe 1, They are no longer a member of the west of scotland association and would need to reapply next season 2, They could be fined up to £1000. 3 They could be deducted points next season. 4 They lose the £250 membership bond. 5 They are not insured to play friendlies  6 They would not be eligible for any grants or bail out money that may be coming as they are not a member of an association

7 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Yip. Can see fans being less than enthusiastic about fund raising in the future. A successful Darvel is all about the fans , the village a know that's what it's all about for yourself.

yea it was mate but hey ho , as long as john is happy funding it then so be it but i think long term the club will lose out 

I think it should go to every club. Clubs will still have operating cost etc to cover. Especially the smaller clubs

Fair point but if that’s the case then we should look at prioritising the clubs who are playing to cover their costs as there’s will be higher than those not playing.

I get that it could look like some sort of punishment for the clubs sitting out.

18 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Fair play to Mr Gall if the fans aren’t allowed back in as he will need deep pockets, I just hope that if that is the case it’s not a loan as that could set the club back financially for years and that would be a worse scenario in my eyes than not being promoted.

Certainly no loans involved, as it stands the club can support what we have in place no need to worry 

16 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

I’m sure the fans will come back out their numbers, time will tell tho

2 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

I’m sure the fans will come back out their numbers, time will tell tho

If it was me a would come back to support the team but would be less willing to part with cash for a club that obviously doesn't need it or values it. Just a personal opinion.

If the club is paying wages as per contract and there are no Talbot or Pollok pressure is on you bud :) Got to be the title surely. Best of luck , people sometimes forget what you achieved in Ammies with no money , having a few bob should be a dawdle :)