More withdrawals ?

Just now, Ball-foot-score said:

I was told at the moment the players all getting paid at Darvel but not all getting the same reduction.

They have been getting paid their full wage, since two weeks ago, in-line with an overall agreement we have with the players to allow us to see the season out depending on what happens with fans etc. 

10 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

It was intentionally to help the clubs sitting out the season. They may be idle, I can't imagine they want their players to be as well.

They would have to have the players signed for next season as well and be paying them but as clubs are in breach of contract so to speak by not participating players are free to leave if they want 

They would have to have the players signed for next season as well and be paying them but as clubs are in breach of contract so to speak by not participating players are free to leave if they want 

Serious question. Do you think the clubs spoke to their players and management before deciding what course of action to take?

Maybe it will impact the clubs it opted out but the other side of the coin could be that it impacts the clubs who stayed in if fans aren’t back sooner rather than later.

The big thing in this is that no one knows who is right and who is wrong.

Also still don’t get why people are hoping that the decision that the clubs that opted are somehow harmed by this. Why can’t people just accept the decision that was taken. I am happy and hopeful for the clubs that are taking part just as I understand the reasons why the clubs opted out.

There are so many people on here who have never lived through the strain of running a non league club. In winter with no games you can struggle to get by. I remember one winter we never played a home game from the last Saturday in November right the way though to the middle of February. The committee were putting in there own money to keep the club going and pay players, training expenses, electricity/water etc.

There are many highs but there are just as many lows and I hope the clubs that are playing on mostly face highs.

14 minutes ago, Ball-foot-score said:

Thats what I’m say is that if you have everyone take 50% but some still getting ‘bonuses’ or whatever you want to call it your going to have bother.

Issue with other teams like our own who are playing amateur is it’s only a matter of time before you get some lads demanding playing time or they are not going to show up. 

That not happening tho, everyone will be treated equally, John and myself would never allow that to happen. Changing rooms are too small and tight nit to start that nonsense. 

12 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Serious question. Do you think the clubs spoke to their players and management before deciding what course of action to take?

Maybe it will impact the clubs it opted out but the other side of the coin could be that it impacts the clubs who stayed in if fans aren’t back sooner rather than later.

The big thing in this is that no one knows who is right and who is wrong.

Also still don’t get why people are hoping that the decision that the clubs that opted are somehow harmed by this. Why can’t people just accept the decision that was taken. I am happy and hopeful for the clubs that are taking part just as I understand the reasons why the clubs opted out.

There are so many people on here who have never lived through the strain of running a non league club. In winter with no games you can struggle to get by. I remember one winter we never played a home game from the last Saturday in November right the way though to the middle of February. The committee were putting in there own money to keep the club going and pay players, training expenses, electricity/water etc.

There are many highs but there are just as many lows and I hope the clubs that are playing on mostly face highs.

I don’t wish harm on any club far from it I wish them all well but the clubs who left did best for them and the clubs that stayed obviously can afford to simple as that there is also a few on here from the bigger clubs who left hoping the clubs who stayed fall on there face for some reason seems a little like sore grapes if I’m honest because there team couldnt afford to play on 

14 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

You're right of course. It was a big decision to make and only time will tell if it was correct. I hope we see all the clubs start 21-22 and things return to a sense of normality. Brexit though ... 

17 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

The League cant go ahead , its turning into a joke , just cancel this season start a fresh in August

What's so special about August? Are we going to be clear of this pandemic by then? Is it guaranteed fans will be allowed back in by then?

I don’t wish harm on any club far from it I wish them all well but the clubs who left did best for them and the clubs that stayed obviously can afford to simple as that there is also a few on here from the bigger clubs who left hoping the clubs who stayed fall on there face for some reason seems a little like sore grapes if I’m honest because there team couldnt afford to play on 

I agree that there are people on all sides snipping rather than accepting the decision of their clubs and then trying to have a go at other clubs for making a different decision. Clubs would have made the decision that best for them.

No need for it imo.

I believe clubs would have consulted their player and management before coming to the decision. I would guess that if managers didn’t agree with it they would walk away like Craig McEwan and players will be able to do the same.

I am hoping we can start to move on an talk about football when it gets started.

You're right of course. It was a big decision to make and only time will tell if it was correct. I hope we see all the clubs start 21-22 and things return to a sense of normality. Brexit though ... 

Not being on a committee anymore I can only imagine how tough a decision it was but what would have decided it for me was having no set timeline to get fans back but that is my personal view and can understand other views who see it differently.

8 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

What's so special about August? Are we going to be clear of this pandemic by then? Is it guaranteed fans will be allowed back in by then?

Exactly think it’s more about trying to manage and move forward with this or there might never be football at lower levels again as this virus isn’t going away anytime soon 

5 minutes ago, Derry said:

Exactly think it’s more about trying to manage and move forward with this or there might never be football at lower levels again as this virus isn’t going away anytime soon 

The other question i have is what happens if the SFA secure Government funding to support clubs? That funding should go to the clubs playing on without fans. Not the clubs who've decided to chuck it for a season. Right? 

Just now, Jerry Macguire said:

The other question i have is what happens if the SFA secure Government funding to support clubs? That funding should go to the clubs playing on without fans. Not the clubs who've decided to chuck it for a season. Right? 

Correct million percent correct 

That not happening tho, everyone will be treated equally, John and myself would never allow that to happen. Changing rooms are too small and tight nit to start that nonsense. 

Mick can I ask how you’s can afford to pay these players? I’d imagine you’s will have 1 of the biggest budgets in the league and with players not taking a reduction taking into consideration there will be no gate receipts and hospitality surely the club is going to take a big hit financially.

Just now, Bawrash1 said:

Mick can I ask how you’s can afford to pay these players? I’d imagine you’s will have 1 of the biggest budgets in the league and with players not taking a reduction taking into consideration there will be no gate receipts and hospitality surely the club is going to take a big hit financially.

Like many clubs at this level they have people who put money in sure fan money helps etc but how much really do U think fan money covers week to week not enough is the answer 

2 hours ago, Mkennedy said:

Exploiting players don’t talk nonsense, if that case where all the clubs exploiting players during pre season training and playing friendlies? Every club will have consulted players, they would have had significant say in any decision their club made. 

Clubs have made decisions they believe are in the best interests of their clubs, they have reached comprises to allow them to play. Others have decided for various reasons not to for various reasons. 

Usual lies about Kilwinning and Darvel, tell me one player at Darvel that’s getting paid under the table and one player that’s isn’t? 

What about best interests of their fans though Mick ? Plenty of posts on here last season about how the Darvel public have returned in droves to watch the team now they seem not to be needed.

It has now been proven that players will play for significantly less wages perhaps clubs in future will not offer similar contracts as they can now it seems get by without gate receipts. No sure if players have done themselves a favour here. Clubs will be looking for play for nothing players every season :)

20 minutes ago, Derry said:

Like many clubs at this level they have people who put money in sure fan money helps etc but how much really do U think fan money covers week to week not enough is the answer 

Match day income of all types pays approx 50% of wage bill at Pollok. The rest is sponsorship and fundraising.