More withdrawals ?

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

There are social distancing measures put in place around the area of play etc, every activity in the current climate involves an element of risk and if that’s been assessed and people are willing to play then let them. 
There will be individuals and groups within clubs who have to isolate, im certain of it, but football can go on through this. 
As a spectator I know that I could go and watch a game in a socially distant way and minimise risk, I also think that given the negative impact of this time on the mental wellbeing etc I’m also prepared to take that risk. 

Positive tests of players are going to be a given. We're already seeing them clock up in Scottish football and have plenty of examples from English football as well. Just very few of them seem to have been caused from playing football. Instead happening in the players personal lives.

Its the subsequent knock on effects from track & trace where links from the positive test have seen entire squads go into self isolation that can be blamed on football. A couple of those decisions being overturned in the cases of East Stirlingshire & Dunipace.

Here here brother well said

Glorified friendlies my arse 

The west of Scotland football league starts next Saturday - next May there will be 4 clubs crowned Champions. That championship will quite rightly be listed in thier role of honour 

Next Saturday there are about 30 fixtures - each ov them have 3 points up for grabs - the teams who are staying need to now enbrace the situation (I was very vocal that there should be promotion) but the clubs voted and there was not enough support to change the decision around promotion now not on cards 

Also you can ram Regionaling the league - we play in the west of Scotland leagie, not the Ayrshire, Lanarkshire or Glasgow Leagues 

The conferences should be organised based on the same principal as originally formed minus the teams who have dropped out - this will give 3 FAIR  conferences 

Sick of all the negativity - lets get it on next Saturday. For the clubs who cannot participate it is an awful situation and not something anyone wanted to see but in the meantime ...see yous next summer 

Bring on next Saturday 

Glorified friendlies my arse 

The west of Scotland football league starts next Saturday - next May there will be 4 clubs crowned Champions. That championship will quite rightly be listed in thier role of honour 

Next Saturday there are about 30 fixtures - each ov them have 3 points up for grabs - the teams who are staying need to now enbrace the situation (I was very vocal that there should be promotion) but the clubs voted and there was not enough support to change the decision around promotion now not on cards 

Also you can ram Regionaling the league - we play in the west of Scotland leagie, not the Ayrshire, Lanarkshire or Glasgow Leagues 

The conferences should be organised based on the same principal as originally formed minus the teams who have dropped out - this will give 3 FAIR  conferences 

Sick of all the negativity - lets get it on next Saturday. For the clubs who cannot participate it is an awful situation and not something anyone wanted to see but in the meantime ...see yous next summer 

Bring on next Saturday 

Try telling that to boys who are driving 120 mile round trips to games on there own for no wages or expenses. Regionalising the league makes the no changing room issue a bit more manageable. Also keeps the conferences fresh for when they are competitive. Keeping the conferences the same this year makes no viable sense end of story.

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

They get changed elsewhere, where they get changed would be dependent on each club/individual. You seem to be seeing obstacles in everything. What seems to have happened is clubs have went from no training allowed, no competitive matches allowed and no chance of using any changing rooms to training allowed, matches allowed and possible use of facilities for changing in. Looks to me that progress is being made albeit at a pace that some might not think is quick enough. 

Just asked a question, no harm in being interested.

Teams pulling out could be a good thing as won’t be talbot winning everything from now on as they will never be the same again this time out will effect all the clubs as players may look to play elsewhere as well as the manger and coaches this season out as well as the lost time already may well be the end of the so called bigger clubs who bailed out 

1 hour ago, Derry said:

Teams pulling out could be a good thing as won’t be talbot winning everything from now on as they will never be the same again this time out will effect all the clubs as players may look to play elsewhere as well as the manger and coaches this season out as well as the lost time already may well be the end of the so called bigger clubs who bailed out 

Can clubs taking the season out not loan their players to other clubs if they are on contracts over a year and they'll still be attached to the club the following season?

The bigger clubs that bailed out may take the season to prepare their grounds and paperwork to get licenced. I don't think it's going to be the end of them.

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Can clubs taking the season out not loan their players to other clubs if they are on contracts over a year and they'll still be attached to the club the following season?

The bigger clubs that bailed out may take the season to prepare their grounds and paperwork to get licenced. I don't think it's going to be the end of them.

For a player to stay under contract at a club I would presume clubs would have to continue paying the player. Clubs shouldn’t be entertaining loan deals, that only helps the team sitting out. There’s probably guys who are sitting out who will still play for free at another club I would reckon 

1 minute ago, ibenji said:

For a player to stay under contract at a club I would presume clubs would have to continue paying the player. Clubs shouldn’t be entertaining loan deals, that only helps the team sitting out. There’s probably guys who are sitting out who will still play for free at another club I would reckon 

It was intentionally to help the clubs sitting out the season. They may be idle, I can't imagine they want their players to be as well.

Yous are aw daft. Cases spiralling out of control on a daily basis and you can't wait to watch this forum for your team's result to come in on a Saturday.

Just remember if (God forbid) one of your family become infected, that you put the WoSFL first.

11 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Yous are aw daft. Cases spiralling out of control on a daily basis...

There's even a "second wave" in Italy now so there goes your mask wearing theory. If there is no vaccine available and the decision is that the economy and education have to be kept running (what Nicola and Boris are doing even with their highest level restrictions) then an epidemic of a highly contagious infection is ultimately always likely to run its course through to herd immunity. If you don't take effective measures very early on like Taiwan did, expecting to stop that process from unfolding is a bit like King Canute with the incoming tide. Modern medicine doesn't always have a magic bullet solution.

37 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There's even a "second wave" in Italy now so there goes your mask wearing theory. If there is no vaccine available and the decision is that the economy and education have to be kept running (what Nicola and Boris are doing even with their highest level restrictions) then an epidemic of a highly contagious infection is ultimately always likely to run its course through to herd immunity. If you don't take effective measures very early on like Taiwan did, expecting to stop that process from unfolding is a bit like King Canute with the incoming tide. Modern medicine doesn't always have a magic bullet solution.

Listen Quincy, the economy and education are not comparable to non league football. 

Also, look at your ghoulish desparation to point out the Italian situation. You obviously didn't read my point properly at the time. The real point is that this is a human scenario which is consuming people at the moment. Understandable to look for a diversion from the gloom but having lads soaking to their arse and having a team talk under a terrace shelter can't be the best way just so we can all comment on our teams fortunes on Saturday afternoon.

2 hours ago, Ball-foot-score said:

Bring on next Saturday for what, Terrible conditions, spreading the virus and exploiting players/unsustainable gambling of the clubs future? Supporters need to take back control of their clubs... How do the likes of the buffs and Darvel think paying some players under the table but not others is going to pan out? 

Exploiting players don’t talk nonsense, if that case where all the clubs exploiting players during pre season training and playing friendlies? Every club will have consulted players, they would have had significant say in any decision their club made. 

Clubs have made decisions they believe are in the best interests of their clubs, they have reached comprises to allow them to play. Others have decided for various reasons not to for various reasons. 

Usual lies about Kilwinning and Darvel, tell me one player at Darvel that’s getting paid under the table and one player that’s isn’t?