More withdrawals ?

15 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Any predictions?

Can imagine at least 2 or 3 giving it serious consideration before deadline?

I don't think there will be too many that go through with it. Especially with Saturday just being a soft deadline, and November being the hard cut off point.

It doesn't look like they're going to try and regionalise the Conference teams going by the statement on Tuesday. Instead just reshuffle what they now have 14-16-13 based on their seeding model so that a team from Conference B ends up in Conference C to make it 14-15-14.

For those that have their doubts i'd have thought the idea of regionalising would be enough to tempt them to start. 

Regional leagues may make the difference between clubs making a go of the season or not. Not a great appeal for players travelling distances to play given the circumstances. Would also suggest that in the event of supporters being allowed to return that local “derbies “ would be more appealing and be a welcome boost to the member clubs finances. Having said that it’s been pretty evident from the offset that the conference teams are a sideshow that the WOSFL couldn’t care less about so I wouldn’t imagine this would be considered.

1 minute ago, Innocent bystander said:

Having said that it’s been pretty evident from the offset that the conference teams are a sideshow that the WOSFL couldn’t care less about so I wouldn’t imagine this would be considered.

I don't think that's the case. The main issue is that once the West Region were coming across together the SFA seems to have wanted to just place the existing league structure in place. Which you can kind of understand from their POV as that's what they'd spent the past two years in PWG meetings trying to achieve.

The issue over regionalising is that it will lead to unhappy members who are split from what they would see as their more local rivals to keep the numbers balanced. With no promotion or relegation to worry about the difference in league strengths shouldn't be as much of a factor.

Think you’ll find that the majority of conference teams will be of a similar opinion considering the way that they’ve been treated. In terms of league strengths I’d imagine that’s not high on the priority list at present. The appeal of travelling from say Lanarkshire to Ayrshire considering the restriction on changing facilities would be very low. I’d imagine that there are proud clubs throughout the membership with decisions to be made that they do not deserve.

27 minutes ago, gogsy said:

So are some teams  back to moaning about a wee bit of travel ?

Its not the typical argument being made for regionalising. Its about minimising expenses when the main source of income for clubs is non-existant with games BCD. Concern over lack of adequate changing facilities. It would also make midweek games easier and less time consuming.

Plus the potential of a bump in crowds whenever they are allowed back in with games not having promotion or relegation battles to otherwise help generate interest.

2 hours ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Any predictions?

Can imagine at least 2 or 3 giving it serious consideration before deadline?

^^^^

Someone who expected far more clubs to buckle. 

Desperate for more clubs to withdraw so to justify his own clubs decision more after his own club shit the bed for a whole season after 7 months of no football. 

Glorified friendlies my arse 

The west of Scotland football league starts next Saturday - next May there will be 4 clubs crowned Champions. That championship will quite rightly be listed in thier role of honour 

Next Saturday there are about 30 fixtures - each ov them have 3 points up for grabs - the teams who are staying need to now enbrace the situation (I was very vocal that there should be promotion) but the clubs voted and there was not enough support to change the decision around promotion now not on cards 

Also you can ram Regionaling the league - we play in the west of Scotland leagie, not the Ayrshire, Lanarkshire or Glasgow Leagues 

The conferences should be organised based on the same principal as originally formed minus the teams who have dropped out - this will give 3 FAIR  conferences 

Sick of all the negativity - lets get it on next Saturday. For the clubs who cannot participate it is an awful situation and not something anyone wanted to see but in the meantime ...see yous next summer 

Bring on next Saturday 

53 minutes ago, Glass ceiling said:

Glorified friendlies my arse 

The west of Scotland football league starts next Saturday - next May there will be 4 clubs crowned Champions. That championship will quite rightly be listed in thier role of honour 

Next Saturday there are about 30 fixtures - each ov them have 3 points up for grabs - the teams who are staying need to now enbrace the situation (I was very vocal that there should be promotion) but the clubs voted and there was not enough support to change the decision around promotion now not on cards 

Also you can ram Regionaling the league - we play in the west of Scotland leagie, not the Ayrshire, Lanarkshire or Glasgow Leagues 

The conferences should be organised based on the same principal as originally formed minus the teams who have dropped out - this will give 3 FAIR  conferences 

Sick of all the negativity - lets get it on next Saturday. For the clubs who cannot participate it is an awful situation and not something anyone wanted to see but in the meantime ...see yous next summer 

Bring on next Saturday 

The decision about promotion came directly from the SFA as they wouldn't approve an increase in numbers in the Premier Division Conferences for 2021/22 i.e. with no relegations from the Premier Division Conferences also agreed. It was put the SFA. They didn't want to take on additional clubs from the Disciplinary point of view!!

Edited by Dev

Look I respect your clubs decision to do what it wants to do, but it really isnt a case of everyone else has to follow suit. 
I am not saying everyone follow suit because of Talbots decision, I am saying it as I can see it being a disaster with players getting the virus having to take time off work aswell

2 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
Look I respect your clubs decision to do what it wants to do, but it really isnt a case of everyone else has to follow suit. 

I am not saying everyone follow suit because of Talbots decision, I am saying it as I can see it being a disaster with players getting the virus having to take time off work aswell

Absolutely it might be a disaster, but it also might work ok, there will likely be a few set backs but players could contract the virus in the gym, at their work etc so if they are prepared to play then so be it. However conversely i can understand why other players may decide not to play. 

Absolutely it might be a disaster, but it also might work ok, there will likely be a few set backs but players could contract the virus in the gym, at their work etc so if they are prepared to play then so be it. However conversely i can understand why other players may decide not to play. 
There will be social distance and precautions / measures put in place at gyms and work places but its impossible to do that on a football pitch during a game.

18 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Guys n gals, sorry if missed the info.

When is the latest deadline date and time for missing out the league season in the WOSFL ?

Is there two deadlines, think i read somewhere ?

16th October 8pm should be seen as the real deadline.

However, a club can notify their withdrawal from the league without receiving an sanctions if the league is informed by 14th November.

It was reported that the Lowland League  introduced something similar with their hard deadline being sometime in December.

21 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
55 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

There will be social distance and precautions / measures put in place at gyms and work places but its impossible to do that on a football pitch during a game.

There are social distancing measures put in place around the area of play etc, every activity in the current climate involves an element of risk and if that’s been assessed and people are willing to play then let them. 
There will be individuals and groups within clubs who have to isolate, im certain of it, but football can go on through this. 
As a spectator I know that I could go and watch a game in a socially distant way and minimise risk, I also think that given the negative impact of this time on the mental wellbeing etc I’m also prepared to take that risk. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod