Scotland Squad face November

Craigieboy86

On 22/10/2020 at 16:11, The Moonster said:

I don't think O'Donnell deserves to be dropped, nor do I think playing Tierney at right wing back gets the best of him, but I do hate how easily football fans accept that players have a weak side. If you're playing for Dumbarton fair enough but Tierney is a £25M footballer, playing in the best league in the world for one of the top clubs there. I'd be embarrassed if I couldn't kick the ball competently with both feet and was taking home the sort of money he is. There are amateur players who have trained themselves to play with both feet, it's not difficult and when you've got your afternoons free to do what you want I'd expect "kicking the ball with both feet" as a minimum for any professional footballer.

Some players can get away , have got away , with being one footed eg Maradona

Edited by ewan14

McLean an unused sub again today in the Championship whilst Cairney scores in the Premiership.
Grant Hanley in the side again today and Harry Souttar continues to cement his place in the Championship.
Looks like someone is being proved right about Souttar after all.....
Check out Wycombe's goal against Norwich. Hanley FFS.....

46 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

He’s relevant because he was eligible for Scotland and we’ve had a lack of decent central defenders in recent years.

I don’t remember any claims that he was one of the best young defenders in the world.

The claim was merely that he’d be good enough for Scotland. That claim may well turn out to be true.

Perhaps your memory is not what it once was. The claim at one point was that he would be one of the best on the planet.

But you weren't posting at that time, so how you would know. Or have any memory of what was said. I don't know.

6 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Perhaps your memory is not what it once was. The claim at one point was that he would be one of the best on the planet.

But you weren't posting at that time, so how you would know. Or have any memory of what was said. I don't know.

No that's complete and utter shite, which you won't be able to find any supporting quotes for. The claim was he was obviously going to be one of Scotland's best, which he now is, at the age of 21.

On 22/10/2020 at 16:11, The Moonster said:

I don't think O'Donnell deserves to be dropped, nor do I think playing Tierney at right wing back gets the best of him, but I do hate how easily football fans accept that players have a weak side. If you're playing for Dumbarton fair enough but Tierney is a £25M footballer, playing in the best league in the world for one of the top clubs there. I'd be embarrassed if I couldn't kick the ball competently with both feet and was taking home the sort of money he is. There are amateur players who have trained themselves to play with both feet, it's not difficult and when you've got your afternoons free to do what you want I'd expect "kicking the ball with both feet" as a minimum for any professional footballer.

Yeah that's shite. Tierney already can control and pass a ball with his right foot better than almost every right footed player at a club like Dumbarton can. There's a difference between that and being able to hit forty yard crosses on the run with your bad foot.  Its very difficult to learn to do that as well as is required at that level, no matter what your transfer fee was.

37 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Yeah that's shite. Tierney already can control and pass a ball with his right foot better than almost every right footed player at a club like Dumbarton can. There's a difference between that and being able to hit forty yard crosses on the run with your bad foot.  Its very difficult to learn to do that as well as is required at that level, no matter what your transfer fee was.

Well, considering Dumbarton have had players like Tom Walsh who could absolutely cross a ball on the run with both feet I'm going to file yet another of your posts in the bin.

2 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

No that's complete and utter shite, which you won't be able to find any supporting quotes for. The claim was he was obviously going to be one of Scotland's best, which he now is, at the age of 21.

Its actually not, its correct. One of the best young defenders in the world. Who all the best teams in the world would be trying to sign. Yet apparently playing 5 games for Stoke in the championship proves this point.

However the claim was made by a different poster a guy called pep, so im not sure why your so interested 🤔 

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Well, considering Dumbarton have had players like Tom Walsh who could absolutely cross a ball on the run with both feet I'm going to file yet another of your posts in the bin.

Aye totally.  You could do it but 25 million footballers at Arsenal can't.  Cause they're lazy, or they just didn't think of that eh.  Almost all players have a favoured foot, and almost none could just make their weak foot good enough to play wingback on the wrong side at international level. Its nonsense, if it wasn't loads of players would have done it.

6 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Its actually not, its correct. One of the best young defenders in the world. Who all the best teams in the world would be trying to sign. Yet apparently playing 5 games for Stoke in the championship proves this point.

However the claim was made by a different poster a guy called pep, so im not sure why your so interested 🤔 

I would be very interested if you could find a post saying any of that.  I would imagine you wouldn't be able to.

37 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I would be very interested if you could find a post saying any of that.  I would imagine you wouldn't be able to.

I'd bet i could. But would require time, and I cant be bothered.

I explained already tho, it was a different poster who said it "pep" so don't you worry about it.

Perhaps if "pep" asks me ill go and find it.

Goalkeeper

Marshall

Gordon

McCrorie (Livingston)/ Doohan (Celtic loan on Ross County)

Defender

Wallace (Milwall)

Halkett (Hearts

Cooper (Leeds)

Considine (Aberdeen)

Gallagher (Motherwell)

Robertson (Liverpool)

Tierney (Arsenal)

O'Donnell (Motherwell)

Taylor (Celtic)

Midfielder

McGreogr (Celtic)

Jack (Rangers)

McGinn (Aston Villa)

McTominay (Man Utd)

Fraser (Newcastle Utd)

Forrest (Celtic)

Armstrong (Southampton)

Christie (Celtic)

Paterson (Bristol City)

Kiltie (Kilmarnock)

Striker

Nisbet (Hibs)

Shankland (Dundee Utd)

Dykes (QPR)

Adam (Southampton

Dembele (Peterborough Utd)

Hornby (Stade De Reims)

Edited by Craigieboy86

15 hours ago, Craigieboy86 said:

Goalkeeper

Marshall

Gordon

McCrorie (Livingston)/ Doohan (Celtic loan on Ross County)

Defender

Wallace (Milwall)

Halkett (Hearts

Cooper (Leeds)

Considine (Aberdeen)

Gallagher (Motherwell)

Robertson (Liverpool)

Tierney (Arsenal)

O'Donnell (Motherwell)

Taylor (Celtic)

Midfielder

McGreogr (Celtic)