Morton v Alloa - The return of the Championship!

Have to commend the club on getting Ton Tv sorted out. It's a really good quality, professional set up now. Hoping that I don't have to watch it all season and I can get back to Cappielow at some point, but it's a great substitute for now.

Thought it was a poor game with neither side being particularly great, thought alloa should have had a penalty in the 1st half when Connelly got brought down. Alloa really are looking toothless up front and a couple of additions are needed. Stream was decent the switching between the 2 cameras that were basically right next to each other seemed a bit pointless and one had far better quality than the other.

Pretty poor stuff there today. Expected us to perhaps be a bit ropey with such a new keeper and an inexperienced one at that, and it certainly looked that way in the first half. Team disjointed compared to what we have seen so far. When we did knock the ball about we kept it without offering any threat. Some of the older heads a bit off their game I thought.

Game should have been over after Hetherington was sent off but we got a lifeline when McPake went off too and had our best spell. Scougall in particular and Buchanan coming on helped too. We began to look like a threat going forward and with a bit of composure we'd have grabbed a point that our play for most of the game didn't merit. 

Take some positives in the new keeper getting a game under his belt and the fact that the team kept going when things weren't going their way and might have snatched a point. We'll need to be much better but we can be. 

Morton didn't look great either must be said but I think deserved it over the whole game. Clean sheet and 3 points without playing very well is a steady start. 

Couldn't tell from the coverage if either penalty decision was correct. I did wonder for both red cards did the ref realise as he took out the 2nd yellow that the players had already been booked. Not a great sign when he trotted over to book Grant after just a few minutes. 

2 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Have to commend the club on getting Ton Tv sorted out. It's a really good quality, professional set up now. Hoping that I don't have to watch it all season and I can get back to Cappielow at some point, but it's a great substitute for now.

Have they solved the pillar issue in the two near corners?

Pretty poor stuff there today. Expected us to perhaps be a bit ropey with such a new keeper and an inexperienced one at that, and it certainly looked that way in the first half. Team disjointed compared to what we have seen so far. When we did knock the ball about we kept it without offering any threat. Some of the older heads a bit off their game I thought.
Game should have been over after Hetherington was sent off but we got a lifeline when McPake went off too and had our best spell. Scougall in particular and Buchanan coming on helped too. We began to look like a threat going forward and with a bit of composure we'd have grabbed a point that our play for most of the game didn't merit. 
Take some positives in the new keeper getting a game under his belt and the fact that the team kept going when things weren't going their way and might have snatched a point. We'll need to be much better but we can be. 
Morton didn't look great either must be said but I think deserved it over the whole game. Clean sheet and 3 points without playing very well is a steady start. 
Couldn't tell from the coverage if either penalty decision was correct. I did wonder for both red cards did the ref realise as he took out the 2nd yellow that the players had already been booked. Not a great sign when he trotted over to book Grant after just a few minutes. 

Pretty much spot on.

We offered nothing going forward until Buchanan came on, but thought we were going to grab a point with the way the last 15 mins were going - on balance of the whole game that would have been a bit tough on Morton.

Think Robbo has to take a yellow in the lead up to the goal and just grab hold of McPake, and we almost got caught out on a carbon copy with a counter attack from another attacking free kick or corner we had.

Referee Newlands has had a shocker there today, should have been a penalty before the goal, pretty tough second yellow on Heatherington but more annoyed that he’s not given the foul in the lead up to that (think it was on Taggs) and also thought the second yellow for McPake was another pretty ridiculous decision - there was certainly contact on him.

Credit to the Ton TV coverage, maybe a tad steep at £14, but it was really well done and looks a good setup. Had zero issues with the stream which is a good sign.

21 minutes ago, Waspie said:

The one on McPake wasn't a penalty, Alloa player got a toe on the ball and poked it out for what should have been a corner. McPake just tripped over the defender as the ball went out and then got booked.

1 hour ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Thought it was a poor game with neither side being particularly great, thought alloa should have had a penalty in the 1st half when Connelly got brought down. Alloa really are looking toothless up front and a couple of additions are needed. Stream was decent the switching between the 2 cameras that were basically right next to each other seemed a bit pointless and one had far better quality than the other.

49 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Have they solved the pillar issue in the two near corners?

That's why there are 2 cameras I believe.

Edited by madton