St Mirren v Motherwell 17/10

Shite that the game was postponed but as others have said, with O'Donnell & Gallagher just off of three internationals in a week and Mugabe injured, it might not be the worst thing in the world from a Motherwell perspective. 

I'm pretty sure the majority of Premiership clubs will have these issues over the course of the season, it's just extremely unfortunate that we've been adversely affected, through no fault of our own, in consecutive games. As @craigkillie has mentioned, there's plenty of midweeks to get these games played when all are available.

Hopefully all the St Mirren lads are OK and are back on the training pitch as soon as safely possible. 

Still, unbeaten in October eh? 

Happy Fun GIF

3 minutes ago, Desp said:

Shite that the game was postponed but as others have said, with O'Donnell & Gallagher just off of three internationals in a week and Mugabe injured, it might not be the worst thing in the world from a Motherwell perspective. 

I'm pretty sure the majority of Premiership clubs will have these issues over the course of the season, it's just extremely unfortunate that we've been adversely affected, through no fault of our own, in consecutive games. As @craigkillie has mentioned, there's plenty of midweeks to get these games played when all are available.

Hopefully all the St Mirren lads are OK and are back on the training pitch as soon as safely possible. 

Still, unbeaten in October eh? 

Happy Fun GIF

Far too nice a post Desp. 

I think it is a conspiracy to stop Motherwell from winning the league title. This has Lawells fingerprints all over it....

As for the Investigation into the Killie game. I really have no clue what the SPFL will do. Probably award a penalty to Killie or dock Motherwell points ! Would not rule any scenario out....

I would imagine that (almost regardless of the "breach") that the SPFL will do anything possible to avoid forfeiture/awarding points in these situations as at this early stage in the season it would create a huge hostage to fortune - and the doomsday scenario that might lead them to them having to do the same to Rangers or Celtic at a critical point. 

So far - the situation has "only" involved Killie, St Mirren and Motherwell - so there is zero pressure on the SPFL at this point to do anything significant.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

As for the Investigation into the Killie game. I really have no clue what the SPFL will do. Probably award a penalty to Killie or dock Motherwell points ! Would not rule any scenario out....

Dyer mentioned last weekend we had an inspection done a day or two prior, you would think if any wrong doing was found it would have been public by now, but again its the SPFL were dealing with.....

8 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

... despite no-one actually being ill?

:blink:

Er... quite the opposite.

There is a point that self isolation, due to close contact, has resulted in some people who may test negative not "actually being ill", but your claim is simply not correct.

Really not getting the anger being directed towards St Mirren. It's unfortunate that this has happened but there's not really anything anyone can do. We've had 2 games postponed already as a result of Covid and chances are there'll be more.

I think we're getting into dangerous territory with regards to people (not just footballers). There seems to be an assumption between some people that anyone who catches Covid has, somehow, been irresponsible which in most cases will be a lot of pish. Its just one of those things unfortunately.

Hopefully the St Mirren players affected are all okay and by the time the game can be played we'll have Mugabi back and fired Ricki Lamie into the sun.

7 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Really not getting the anger being directed towards St Mirren. It's unfortunate that this has happened but there's not really anything anyone can do. We've had 2 games postponed already as a result of Covid and chances are there'll be more.

I think we're getting into dangerous territory with regards to people (not just footballers). There seems to be an assumption between some people that anyone who catches Covid has, somehow, been irresponsible which in most cases will be a lot of pish. Its just one of those things unfortunately.

Hopefully the St Mirren players affected are all okay and by the time the game can be played we'll have Mugabi back and fired Ricki Lamie into the sun.

This post is far too sensible for this site.

Posted this on the Motherwell thread and I think I would say the exact same thing in here.

Won't be that when it's our turn.

Think we need to get this in perspective lads.

Although as folk said I can see us playing tues/thurs/sat at one point.

Lots of things can be true at once

Mo Ross's comments were embarrassing and he's come over as a fanny

St Mirren hitting out with a statement is a touch sad and give Ross's comments credence that they don't deserve

Motherwell's public comments should be handled by Burrows, Robinson & Lasley, who are all quite good at that stuff.

It was a daft, given his position, and incorrect (IMO) statement to make from Mo Ross.  I'm sure the club will be somewhat embarrassed by it. 

However, it's not the first time, and I'm sure won't be the last that a club employee says something a bit daft. I mean, remember that time Tony Fitzpatrick said St Mirren were a Top 6 club? 

john candy lol GIF

Club employees should be weary of appearing on radio and speculating. I hate a bland interview but a 'annoying the game was off, wish the opposition well, and hope covid goes away' was a smart move rather than getting drawn into speculation. 

Equally the whole statement thing is just giving into twitter fans who 'demand the club stand up for them and 'let them know everything as they are paying in £10 a week'. It could have been done with a phone call to Motherwell to complain about the allegation, with no doubt a wee apology from Motherwell without any need for a statement. 

1 minute ago, flyingscot said:

Club employees should be weary of appearing on radio and speculating. I hate a bland interview but a 'annoying the game was off, wish the opposition well, and hope covid goes away' was a smart move rather than getting drawn into speculation. 

Equally the whole statement thing is just giving into twitter fans who 'demand the club stand up for them and 'let them know everything as they are paying in £10 a week'. It could have been done with a phone call to Motherwell to complain about the allegation, with no doubt a wee apology from Motherwell without any need for a statement. 

Indeed. Seems a bit overly dramatic to me. However, as you say, there would no doubt be a degree of online outrage if the perception was that we had sat back and taken no action.

Just now, FTOF said:

Indeed. Seems a bit overly dramatic to me. However, as you say, there would no doubt be a degree of online outrage if the perception was that we had sat back and taken no action.

The on-line comment could have been along the lines of ‘we have been in touch with Motherwell on this matter’.