St Mirren v Motherwell 17/10

Funny thing is the press were only speaking to Ross in order to get a comment about the OF game, they didn't give a shit about this game until he started bumping his gums about a conspiracy theory.

Did he even accuse St Mirren? Was it not ‘what if Motherwell had 2 injuries, what is to stop them saying someone had COVID’

Not that he had to go down that line at all, after all Rangers are the best coached team and he wants them to win the league, the other stuff was throwaway.

Edited by ropy

33 minutes ago, ropy said:

Did he even accuse St Mirren? Was it not ‘what if Motherwell had 2 injuries, what is to stop them saying someone had COVID’

Not that he had to go down that line at all, after all Rangers are the best coached team and he wants them to win the league, the other stuff was throwaway.

Aye hes a tadger for the sevco-loving but he has St Mirren absolutely nailed

43 minutes ago, ropy said:

Probably half and half, to be honest. He's giving it the "well, it's all hypothetical but could you just imagine if..." and the papers have naturally ran with it. I believe Ross did give the "but it's been a month since..." ignoring that we had internationals during that month and Scottish League Cup games (Motherwell aren't in the league setup, they join in later).

Not sure if I said it in this thread or another, but I'd alluded to the fact that if we had played lads with injuries we could have maybe gotten the numbers we needed. That wasn't said in any ITK manner, more just musing, and in fact a couple of other posters pointed out that the ones I thought that could make it were either (a) in the team already or had relapsed. However, and I raised this issue later, me just musing on the subject is a fucking world away from making some bold claim to the national media. Even if that claim was presented as a "hypothetical".

Edited by Ric

Just bloody daft for him to get involved. Trying to be Michael Stewart is fine when you are not employed by a club.
Nobody expects ex-footballers to be sharp but this is bloody basic stuff.
A wise man once said “people in glass houses shouldn’t shit in their own kettle”.................so Mo shut the fleck up and pay your taxes 👍

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

Just bloody daft for him to get involved. Trying to be Michael Stewart is fine when you are not employed by a club.
Nobody expects ex-footballers to be sharp but this is bloody basic stuff.
A wise man once said “people in glass houses shouldn’t shit in their own kettle”.................so Mo shut the fleck up and pay your taxes 👍

Michael Stewart was in awe, rushing to say I agree, it was quite the listen although the majority of it was getting tore into Celtic.

On 20/10/2020 at 17:08, Arch Stanton said:

Tony is, and always has been, a thick fanny

On 17/10/2020 at 13:05, ZingaliMan said:

Explain? 

Nae explanation required

On 17/10/2020 at 13:18, AW saint said:

Seriously how is this the clubs fault? 

Deary me....

14 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I wasn't convinced to start but right now I am in Mo's corner.

Its worse than I originally thought...I thought they only had a few cases and went 'ach f**k it, tell them we cannae raise a team, Killie done it and f**k all happened to them'...but it's now looking like they think Covid doesnt effect fitba players, and they have been very lax in their protocols, infecting each other in the process.

33 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Its worse than I originally thought...I thought they only had a few cases and went 'ach f**k it, tell them we cannae raise a team, Killie done it and f**k all happened to them'...but it's now looking like they think Covid doesnt effect fitba players, and they have been very lax in their protocols, infecting each other in the process.

If the investigation finds that St Mirren have breached protocol does that mean both Motherwell and Hamilton are awarded 3-0 wins ??

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Fine would be a crazy decision. Putting more financial strain on St Mirren is hardly going to encourage the club to spend money ensuring the correct protocols are in place.

Were the other clubs found to have breached protocol not fined with an amount suspended? If so, there's precedent for that being the outcome.