St Mirren v Motherwell 17/10

3 minutes ago, Yorky said:

As I said  not saying that St Mirren have done anything wrong. However moving forward it’s obvious that any club that’s going into a game with a depleted  squad could pull the Covid line. They obviously need to look at each case on an individual basis but over and above that know where they are going on a general basis. Look supporters of every club will naturally defend their own but we all know where this could go without leadership.

I really doubt clubs can just claim players are positive if they don't fancy a game.

There will almost certainly be a requirement to prove it, and the club medical staff will be able to do pretty easily I imagine.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Do we also start saying that players who are injured or suspended can't play if a game gets postponed due to a waterlogged pitch?

Or you can only play those who were at the club at the time of the postponement? When we were originally due to play Celtic they hadn't yet signed Barkas, Duffy, Ajetti or Turnbull.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Do we also start saying that players who are injured or suspended can't play if a game gets postponed due to a waterlogged pitch?

It is merely a suggestion. 

Theoretically St Mirren will be able to muster a team to play next week much like Killie did v Dunfermline. That then benefits the teams who are next due to play whereas Motherwell in these 2 recent cases could be playing against a full strength Killie and St Mirren by the time the games are re-scheduled. How is that in any way fair when Motherwell are the team affected adversely by having to play 3 games in a week twice most likely. 

13 minutes ago, Yorky said:

As I said  not saying that St Mirren have done anything wrong. However moving forward it’s obvious that any club that’s going into a game with a depleted  squad could pull the Covid line. They obviously need to look at each case on an individual basis but over and above that know where they are going on a general basis. Look supporters of every club will naturally defend their own but we all know where this could go without leadership.

As far as I am aware the players that have to isolate are those that have had a certain amount of close contact as defined by their GPS stats during training. We had 11 players who did not have to isolate and 6 that did. I do not think the manager or anyone else makes the decision but the club doctor.

12 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

As far as I am aware the players that have to isolate are those that have had a certain amount of close contact as defined by their GPS stats during training. We had 11 players who did not have to isolate and 6 that did. I do not think the manager or anyone else makes the decision but the club doctor.

Or the NHS.

1 hour ago, Yorky said:

I don't think it's as easy as that to be honest. You need a positive test, then it's the NHS or a doctor who decides which players then have to self isolate. I guess you could lie about players being near the Covid cases, but that doesn't do you any good in the long term as those players are the ones out the longest. There isn't much to gain.

I wonder if after the annoyance of the late call-off subsides if Robinson will actually be ok with this - if Gallacher and O'Donnell came back burst from Scotland duty and with Mugabe out, it could arguably work in our favour.

I'd also be hesitant to jump on St Mirren about this - it will inevitably happen to every team as I don't think footballers in their teens and twenties are well known for the trappist monk lifestyle. Any slagging we hand out now will be a massive boomerang.

I must admit though - with nothing going on for weeks on end, I'm getting close to switching off on this season - there's not much keeping me interested, which is a new feeling.

When we had the goalie issue we lost 3-0. Looks like we've learned our lesson and just called the game off rather than go through all the hassle of fulfilling the fixture for the same end result.

1 hour ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Did St Mirren ask for a postponement or did they just say they couldn’t field a team and say they couldn’t fulfill the fixture 

There is a big difference in the two scenarios 

The SPFL statement was basically identical to the one for our game.