St Mirren v Motherwell 17/10

At least is not impacting Motherwell all these call offs. 

Getting beyond a joke now. Why is it left till this late to call off. Should be getting test results on a Friday at the latest.

Just paid my £12.50 and was looking forward to the game !

And where are the SPFL with the decision on the Kilmarnock call off. Only had 2 weeks to resolve one way or another. 

You can also bet we will end up with 5 or 6 key players with Covid and the league will force us to play. 

it will be about a month between games for us assuming Ross County don’t fall victim next. 

Edited by welldaft

Lets face it St Mirren and Kilmarnock don’t give a f**k.  They would have been playing Motherwell with weakened teams and by the time the games are replayed will be back to full strength probably. I have no issue with this as long as we don’t then go into these games with a few players missing which will most likely happen. 

I realise this is no comfort, but I do feel a bit bad for Motherwell. They started the league badly, had turned it around, seen their players putting in good performances at International level and must have been chomping at the bit - especially after the Killie game being dingied.

Edited by Ric

Yep it’s the second and it won’t be the last.
The reality is that it’s really difficult to play football during a global pandemic.
If the season does continue this will just keep happening.

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

The reality is that it’s really difficult to play football during a global pandemic.

Especially for teams with smaller squads. If it happened to rangers or Celtic they would still be able to put out a decent team with half of their squad out. Teams like St Mirren simply dont have that luxuray unfortunately 

Edited by Phillips455

1 minute ago, Ric said:

I realise this is no comfort, but I do feel a bit bad for Motherwell. The started the league badly, had turned it around, seen their players putting in good performances at International level and must have been chomping at the bit - especially after the Killie game being dingied.

Decent of you to say so Ric. No guarantee we would have won today but these call offs could have a detrimental impact on our season. We needed to get back to winning ways but just cannot get a game played. Obviously a coincidence it has been Motherwell impacted back to back games but is starting to get a bit troublesome. 

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

Exactly

Its a bit pish bein so late in the day but how would our fans feel if we had won the game then we had positive cases next week.