St Mirren v Motherwell 17/10

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Saw a post saying Dennis and Flynn will be in the squad tomorrow. You heard anything?

I'm sure I read somewhere that Flynn had picked up a hamstring injury.

In JG's latest match interview, Dennis is in the video footage and JG says he's fit, although he's obviously lacking match fitness.

Edited by FTOF

19 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

If Tait (note spelling) is playing we should get Seedorf off the bench to run at him for the second half. That could be comedy gold, one way or the other.

I'd certainly employ that tactic.

I can't recall how quick Tait was when he played against us in the past, but he's not the quickest. 

Having said that, two goals, a couple of fantastic goal line clearances and generally decent tackling (when not having a red mist moment!), and he's been a decent signing.

26 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'd certainly employ that tactic.

I can't recall how quick Tait was when he played against us in the past, but he's not the quickest. 

Having said that, two goals, a couple of fantastic goal line clearances and generally decent tackling (when not having a red mist moment!), and he's been a decent signing.

He was never fast, and he's probably slower than a glacier these days, but he earned every bit of the man-love we lavished upon him before casting him aside like a used kleenex.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Saw a post saying Dennis and Flynn will be in the squad tomorrow. You heard anything?

I feel Dennis will be a bit of a slow starter. Not sure why, just got that feeling. On the flip side, once he gets going I think he'll more repay back his wage. If he keeps fit and happy (heh, and covid free!) then he could be a real gem come the end of the season.

Yeah they only have 12 registered players fit and 4 of them are keepers. Another first team player has Covid. This is going to cause a pile up of fixtures and guarantee whatever way it gets sorted it will be to our detriment it always is. How many times is that St. Mirren have had games cancelled and players still getting Covid?.

Edited by Well Well

Motherwell's twitter says St. Mirren have advised the SPFL they are unable to fulfil the fixture. Is this similar to the Kilmarnock game where they were told the whole squad had to self-isolate or is it down to a lack of players?

Edit: Philips455's post above has answered my question.

Edited by Archie McSquackle

Yeah they only have 12 registered players fit and 4 of them are keepers. Another first team player has Covid. This is going to cause a pile up of fixtures and guarantee whatever way it gets sorted it will be to our detriment it always is. How many times is that St. Mirren have had games cancelled and players still getting Covid?.
This is the first league game.

7 minutes ago, Well Well said:

This is THE FIRST ONE you sanctimonious git.

We were struggling with injuries, so combined with the covid tests it was always going to be tight to get the "13 fit players".

Do I think we probably could have pushed those who are nearly back into the squad? Yeah, I have a feeling we probably could have.

9 minutes ago, Well Well said:

One. Including this one.

Can’t see them doing it now when so many teams have had games called off before. Just be another fixture to try and squeeze in somewhere.
Oh aye they absolutely won't in case it interferes with a Celtic or rangers game but they should have had this in from the start.