Stirling Albion v Queen's Park

1 minute ago, rhliston said:

Good result for the Binos after last week at Elgin. First half we were the better side and were unfortunate when David Wilson’s free kick hit the bar. Second half Queens better team and really should have gone in front when the Queens Player headed well over from close range. All in all happy with the point given our performance last week, we can only improve. emoji3.png

A decent result and first half performance.

Next week looks tough with the other results. 

Encouraging start to the game and had the better of the first half, but when Queens started exerting pressure in the last quarter there was a worrying gap between the back eight and front two  so we were never able to hold onto the ball long enough to threaten. 

On the brighter side we were the only team  in the league not lose at home today.

Really happy with the 90 minutes, I thought a draw was a fair result but we never really looked like losing the game.

I think we’ve got to acknowledge that Queens Park are a very different animal to the team and squads that we have seen over the years. They’ve got some very very good players that could cut it at a higher level, yet we reduced them to a few half chances in the last 10 minutes, and that was pretty much it.

We showed last season that we are defensively sound, at this level, and we look like a team that will carry that onto this season as well. With the quality that QP have, it’s hard to judge if we possess that Attacking flair that we so desperately desire but the signs in the First Half were good and Andy Ryan looks like he gives us something that has been lacking for many a year.

I think all the players can be happy with the shift they put in, it was very much a team display that got us the 1 point, from the young Goalkeeper from Hearts all the way to the subs that came on.

Would have gladly taken a draw before the game kicked off and was impressed with what I saw, roll on another difficult game next week, it’s great to have football back.

2 hours ago, Dave said:

Go through the link on the confirmation email, that seemed to sort it for me.

Not missed much so far apart from the ramblings of the two guys on commentary about everything & anything not related to the game.

Thought they did really well considering there really wasn’t anything to commentate about in relation to the game in the first half. One was making his commentating debut and the other making his second appearance. Great efforts all round. 

A point was fair. Both teams had a couple of decent chances. Queens really only attacked in the final 10-15 minutes - not sure why with the players you have in your side. Ray does love a clean sheet. 

Hard not to be disappointed. Stirling are half-decent and could have won that. We certainly looked much better very late on. 

Albion seemed happy to pack the defence and play with no midfield, something that cried for Davie Galt being on. You could see the improvement when he came on.

Grant impressive, as was Baynham.  That'll be one of the tougher games but other results would indicate that last year's decent sides are going to be decent this year too.

Disappointing. We lacked creativity in midfield. 

As I put in my original post, I think it’s harsh to label that to the team after one game against a team that’s full time and very strongly tipped to be League Champions come the end of the season.

1 hour ago, dave_binos said:

Thought they did really well considering there really wasn’t anything to commentate about in relation to the game in the first half. One was making his commentating debut and the other making his second appearance. Great efforts all round. 

A point was fair. Both teams had a couple of decent chances. Queens really only attacked in the final 10-15 minutes - not sure why with the players you have in your side. Ray does love a clean sheet. 

Thought it was a very good stream all things considered. Had initial issues getting on but once the game started it was good quality and camera work was really good. I just think that less is more when it comes to commentators, they just wanted to fill every second which isn't necessary. I hope we won't have that issue with our commentators 👀

Not an enjoyable watch. Could have nicked it in the last fifteen, particularly with Lyon's header. If I was one of our opponents, I'd want us early on in the season. I expect us to bring a couple more in, as well as Slater and Murray coming into the side, and think we'll get stronger as the weeks go on. 

We're undoubtedly going to drop points this season and Stirling have one of the stronger squads. The disappointment is in the lack of creativity, but I'm confident it'll come. 

Next week is the sort of game we can't slip up in if we want to be champions. A draw at Stirling isn't necessarily going to kill us, but points dropped to sides expected to battle at the lower end will. 

I see Harry Stone was playing for Albion as an emergency loan, how did he do?  He's young, but really highly rated.

Didn’t really have a save to make but he looked comfortable and assured throughout. Dealt with a number of cross balls well and despite dropping one of them, never looked like he was under any pressure. Not sure how long the loan is for but going on today’s performance, I’d have no qualms about him getting a run in the team.

Just watched Mr McKinnon’s post match interview. Stirling made it “tough and difficult” and “competed all over the park”.  I have to say that’s a shocking way to treat guests. It was a lovely afternoon and with grand views of the Ochils and the autumnal colours in the trees your players could have been enjoying the scenery. Instead they chose to tackle and harry, jump for headers and try and score goals. And your head coach was seen encouraging all of this. Outrageous behaviour! I’ll be penning a complaint to your Secretary.

Yours sincerely

Mrs. McKinnon

is it just me, or does anyone else think the numbers on the live stream were quite low?

I thought most people who would have went to the game would have watched it, plus people abroad , who would have liked to catch up on there team.

Obviously not as keen as me.

5 minutes ago, albion20 said:

is it just me, or does anyone else think the numbers on the live stream were quite low?

I thought most people who would have went to the game would have watched it, plus people abroad , who would have liked to catch up on there team.

Obviously not as keen as me.

Looked like there was around 300-odd streams being watched yesterday. In that will be families, folk who live in the same house, folk who are in extended households with others which will count as one stream being watched but by maybe 3 or 4 people. 

There'll be others who just don't fancy watching online, or who don't have the technology to allow them to watch. 

5 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Just watched Mr McKinnon’s post match interview. Stirling made it “tough and difficult” and “competed all over the park”.  I have to say that’s a shocking way to treat guests. It was a lovely afternoon and with grand views of the Ochils and the autumnal colours in the trees your players could have been enjoying the scenery. Instead they chose to tackle and harry, jump for headers and try and score goals. And your head coach was seen encouraging all of this. Outrageous behaviour! I’ll be penning a complaint to your Secretary.

Yours sincerely

Mrs. McKinnon

Alfred Hitchcock: Why is Norman Bates so Psycho? | Deviance and Social Order