Stirling Albion v Queen's Park

Two tough games for us in the League Cup, off the back of the strangest pre-season there will ever be. There wasn't much between the sides for all of the Morton game and the first half of the Thistle game. We struggled in the final third, but we know we have the guys who can make it happen when they click. 

Stirling away, on paper, is one of the toughest starts we could have asked for. They've recruited well, with the likes of Roberts and Ryan being very good players at this level. Reckon it'll take us a few games to get into our stride, but it's important to get points on the board over the first five or six games even if it's not pretty. A few weeks down the line, the squad will have knitted together better and we'll have arguably our two best players to step back in. 

We know the pressure and expectations that come with being the big spending full-time club. A win on Saturday would help settle everyone down. 

Live Streaming of Stirling Albion v Queens Park available for tomorrow.

Season ticket holders receive a code that entitles free or discounted access.

Non season ticket holders - £10.

The stream starts at 2.45pm.

We encourage early log in to avoid disappointment.

You'll receive an email from us with a clickable link that will take you to the stream.

Register using the link below.

https://www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/live-stream/ 

Well here we go.   Wonder what we'll be posting come the last game of this shortened season ?

Stirling is one of my favourite away days, I always thought their setup on and off the pitch was one we would do well to replicate. A community friendly club.

Games here are normally close and I don't think today's will be any different. We always get a tough physical challenge from Albion.

Despite our new recruits being supposedly of a different calibre to our squad from last season, it all depends on who turns up on the day; and what kind of attitude they have.

Our 3 games so far have suggested we're moving in the right direction at different spells in each game; then 10 minutes later we can't even pass to one of our own players.

No doubt RayMac will have been working on the teams shape and attitude, and which personnel are suited to his particular style; hopefully he's chosen someone to take dead ball set pieces from 20 odd yards, who can hit the target.

Let's hope for an entertaining match, but right now i'd settle for the scrappiest of single goal victories  :egypt

3 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Anyone else not able to get on the Stirling website to buy the stream? Only got home at 5 to 3, but I've been trying since then and it just keeps coming up '504 Gateway Time-out'. Same thing when I try on my phone.

Go through the link on the confirmation email, that seemed to sort it for me.

Not missed much so far apart from the ramblings of the two guys on commentary about everything & anything not related to the game.

That was really disappointing once again. Things only picked up towards the end when the full time fitness seemed to come into it.

There was a massive gap between the midfield and forwards for the whole game and Darren Lyon’s only contribution was an abysmal header from six yards out. 

Peter Grant was the standout for us and I though Tommy Robson looked decent at times but overall there was nothing to suggest all the pre season fanfare was justified.

Massive game next week now. Who knows, we might even score a goal.

That was extremely disappointing, although we looked slightly more threatening the last 10 minutes we looked nothing other and ordinary. Defensively we looked fine but the lack of attacking threat is concerning, 4 games in a row I’ve watched and yet to see us score. With guys like McHugh, Maclean and longridge in the starting 11 surely creating chances shouldn’t be a concern? Hopefully fortunes change next week against Albion rovers. Pretty sure the trialist was Jai Quitongo ?

Good result for the Binos after last week at Elgin. First half we were the better side and were unfortunate when David Wilson’s free kick hit the bar. Second half Queens better team and really should have gone in front when the Queens Player headed well over from close range. All in all happy with the point given our performance last week, we can only improve. [emoji3]