11 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Had Keena been fit I'd be confident, now I'm not so sure. Hopefully Francis can get off the mark.  Hoping Todd isnt made to play wide left again but difficult to see what other options we have given Leitch is probably out as well.

Aye pretty much my feelings towards this game. I’m not sure they’ll risk Alston for 90 mins yet either meaning Gary Miller and Gomis could be the middle two. (Going by McCrackens post match interview I’m assuming Miller will be fit for sat anyway). 
Our injuries leave us very short up front with Sammon and Lee Miller our only options to change it up. If Keena is long term I wonder if M&M will be tempted to find a loan deal until January at least. 

2 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Aye pretty much my feelings towards this game. I’m not sure they’ll risk Alston for 90 mins yet either meaning Gary Miller and Gomis could be the middle two. (Going by McCrackens post match interview I’m assuming Miller will be fit for sat anyway). 
Our injuries leave us very short up front with Sammon and Lee Miller our only options to change it up. If Keena is long term I wonder if M&M will be tempted to find a loan deal until January at least. 

Id already be making moves to see what's available if I were M&M , the noises from LM don't sound good at all on Keena, even if it transpires he isn't out for season he's not starting any games for a while. 

On 14/10/2020 at 15:42, mo83 said:

Saturday should have been,old firm in the morning....Pints,down to LP for the opening league game...more pints after the game!What a bloody year,cant say I'm too excited about Saturday to be honest not really digging this watching my team from an ipad but just have to get on with it.👎👎👎

I recall a  midweek challenge cup game at Montrose, the house/flats across from the ground has a big fuk off wall and on this occasion there was a bloke sitting on it with a bottle of vodka and 2ltr bottle of cola watching the game.

I'd be be tempted to do the above minus the vodka ☺️

A double decker bus at the corners of the TFS would do the trick for us.

12 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I don't think the 2 are connected

Shame is connected, albeit we seem to be away from home opening game every season

15 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mutch

Mercer Durnan Hall Dixon

Morrison Alston Gomis Todd

Dowds Francis

2-0 Falkirk, one from Dowds and one from Alston

I can't see Alston starting

Edited by MrDust

Just watched an interview with McCracken there and he ran through every injured player individually to give a status update, with the exception of Keena. He did say that Connolly remains injured but once he's back we will have "a full quota". All seems very strange.

I get the impression there is nothing wrong with Keena or he is going to be out for ages. The latter seems far more likely.

If I had to guess at what our starting XI will be tomorrow I think they'll go with

Mutch

Mercer To-Me To-You Dixon 

Morrison Miller Gomis Todd

Dowds Francis 

Not overly confident with that defence and cannot see us keeping a clean sheet. Would take a close win but I am predicting a score draw.

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Just watched an interview with McCracken there and he ran through every injured player individually to give a status update, with the exception of Keena. He did say that Connolly remains injured but once he's back we will have "a full quota". All seems very strange.

I get the impression there is nothing wrong with Keena or he is going to be out for ages. The latter seems far more likely.

If I had to guess at what our starting XI will be tomorrow I think they'll go with

Mutch

Mercer To-Me To-You Dixon 

Morrison Miller Gomis Todd

Dowds Francis 

Not overly confident with that defence and cannot see us keeping a clean sheet. Would take a close win but I am predicting a score draw.

Yeah the fact he said that when Connolly's back we'll have a full quota makes me think Keena's fine. Had a look at Keena's twitter as well and he's retweeted his goal with 'off the mark' which doesn't strike me as post someone would put if they knew they were out injured for a while. But again Mcracken never named him specifically so who knows. 

Have Montrose ran a test event for the live stream? If not can see similar problems to us from the Clyde game. Thousands wanting to buy and watch compared to the usual few hundred.
The streams for our two pre-season friendlies and our two Betfred Cup ties have went reasonably well, so there shouldn't be a problem tomorrow.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yeah the fact he said that when Connolly's back we'll have a full quota makes me think Keena's fine. Had a look at Keena's twitter as well and he's retweeted his goal with 'off the mark' which doesn't strike me as post someone would put if they knew they were out injured for a while. But again Mcracken never named him specifically so who knows. 

He said we had a couple of injuries after the Clyde game but they are fine and  back in training. That says to me Keena is okay.

Surely we can't be back to the miller Gomez partnership that was murder last season. That would say time that we've learnt feck all basically.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Steaming seems to be working fine now, although some folks having issues with different devices, e.g. it works fine on one of my smart tv's but not on the other.

Stream live here for £12.50 https://montrosefc.univtec.com

Might also be worth checking out the guidelines if anyone having connection problems. https://www.montrosefc.co.uk/live/66-live/2316-guidelines

25 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

I’m just going to Montrose and standing outside, I’ll take my step ladders in case I can see over a gate or something.

Wear a suit, stick your season ticket in a lanyard, put on an FFC mask and march in the main door like you're somebody very important.

9 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

I’m just going to Montrose and standing outside, I’ll take my step ladders in case I can see over a gate or something.

Get yourself to the beach end,step ladder will go up their no problem.

Game day! Start of the season if finally here. Hopefully we see a good game and the stream works as well as it has been. Montrose team will be interesting. Hopefully we sign the new youngster from United. I'm going to predict it wo be a tight affair. 1-1 draw.