Finally league football returns.

For Falkirk, general consensus is that the defence is honking but (if fit) we look like we'll be ok going forward with most play coming through Callum Morrison.

At the moment, Aidan Connolly, Aidan Laverty and Charlie Telfer are injured with possible injuries to Aidan Keena, Gary Miller and Robbie Leitch. 

Really hope we can make use of the loan market and bring a defender or two in before Saturday.

How are Montrose shaping up for the season? What's the expectation on the team this year? Any significant departures/arrivals?

Are you using the AI cameras for streaming?

Edited by ilostmyself

If Keena is out which looking at him hobbling off last night seems fairly certain, then i actually think we might struggle to score (at least more than once), we didn't look the same side after he went off, which is a concern, hopefully G Miller and Connolly are back in the squad. 

Couldn't agree more, delighted the season is kicking off again although I feel a lot less excited! Nevermind such is life.
Montrose I am sure will be right up for it on sat. Very disappointing performance last night against Elgin but hopefully we will bounce back on sat.
Once again our main target is to stay in the league. It will be a difficult campaign with really good teams in league 1 so hopefully we can manage to secure safety and then kick on again like we have done the last two seasons.

Never won an opening game since Gretna 13yr ago and they went out the game.

Our injury table might have more players on it than our subs bench, still aren't Montrose generally slow starters ?

How has the live streams been going ?

Saturday should have been,old firm in the morning....Pints,down to LP for the opening league game...more pints after the game!What a bloody year,cant say I'm too excited about Saturday to be honest not really digging this watching my team from an ipad but just have to get on with it.👎👎👎

5 hours ago, mo83 said:

Saturday should have been,old firm in the morning....Pints,down to LP for the opening league game...more pints after the game!What a bloody year,cant say I'm too excited about Saturday to be honest not really digging this watching my team from an ipad but just have to get on with it.👎👎👎

C9168CD2-0EC7-4C0D-86B9-E35219A83E28.jpeg

Saturday should have been,old firm in the morning....Pints,down to LP for the opening league game...more pints after the game!What a bloody year,cant say I'm too excited about Saturday to be honest not really digging this watching my team from an ipad but just have to get on with it.[emoji107][emoji107][emoji107]

Fat boy burger in the George hotel, a couple of pints then waddle round to the game. Food sweats all game.

Every game against Montrose last season was a battle. Be some lift here to break the opening day hex and get a win off Montrose. Don't feel overly good about it tbh, think it has draw plastered all over it.

Hopefully Joe McLaughlin isn't camped outside M&M's office doing some sort of Conor Sammon ritual.

Had Keena not got injured I could see us winning this comfortably, sadly he is and I think we might struggle. Hall and Durnan don't look capable of keeping the back door shut against anyone, so I'm going for an optimistic 2-1 win for us, but wouldnt be surprised if it's a 1-1.

2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Think Montrose were the best football playing team we played last season. We will need to up our game to win this one. Keena will be a big miss. Glad we kept Sammon.

Not

Hopefully the Montrose keeper will throw one off Sammon and into the net again.