Scotland v Czech Republic (UEFA Nations League)

King Kebab

13 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

1 )  We managed to beat Belgium , hooray

2 )  Norway was a qualifying game and they had a really good home record

The second goal resulted from G#ry G#ll#sp##'s wonderful run down the left ! wing.

I was at that Belgium game for some reason.

Just saying.

Halkett was comfortably our best defender in a great back 3, had shite luck since going to Hearts but i'm confident he'd be awsome in a back 3 for Scotland alongside his old playing buddy Gallagher. Good goal threat from set pieces too.
This. I thought Halkett at Hearts would be at Hearts for a season before being signed up by a bigger team. Very surprised he hasn't kicked on as he was better than Gallagher when they played alongside each other and would have put money on him being called up for Scotland.

John Mcginn is so calm and skillfull at turning and playing the ball through the lines when we're under pressure. McTominay's vision is great too, it suits the style we have hitting on the break. Fraser has been fantastic. Dykes has been excellent holding the ball up, running in behind, with the flick ons.

My head says Tierney comes back in when ready but heart says stick with Gallagher and Considine as they've been solid and they've got the aerial ability we've been missing. Toughie but in Clarke we trust. 

7 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 hours ago, ewan14 said:
1 )  We managed to beat Belgium , hooray
2 )  Norway was a qualifying game and they had a really good home record
The second goal resulted from G#ry G#ll#sp##'s wonderful run down the left ! wing.

McStay scored the second if I remember?

I thought it was the first , and M#J#

#### the second

A massive result last night for this group of players who deserved the success they have had this week.

They have bought fully into Steve Clarke's plan, they have tactically executed it to the letter to the point where we have chucked both Considine and Hanlon in at very little notice and both did fine. Indeed if anyone a month ago had said a back five at the end against the Czechs would contain 2 from Motherwell, 1 from Aberdeen, 1 from Hibs and Scott McTominay whilst keeping a clean sheet, you'd have been laughed out the room.

Special credit has to be paid to SOD, McTominay, Gallagher, Considine, Cooper Robertson, Taylor, Hanlon and David Marshall over the last week. They have put together some excellent individual and collective defensive displays against three reasonable teams including the free scoring Eran Zahavi and a good Czech side and come out with three clean sheets. It's been an excellent building block.

Fraser, Dykes and McGinn once again linked superbly last night until the former two understandably ran out of steam. They've been a delight of a triumvirate this week and you can see burgeoning confidence there. Also shoutout to Ryan Jack last night who again had a good game.

Yes we rode our luck a couple of times but we deserved the breaks for the work that we put in. Czechs also had let offs when Fraser blazed over and McBurnie crashed his shot off the bar.

Collective spirit and workrate of this group is making them even more endearing to watch and support, full credit to the players and Clarke.

All in all, a great win and a superb end to the perfect week. The fact we have again taken the Nations League seriously and will reap the benefits of more glamour games and more importantly both better seeding for the next Euros and a better playoff route just adds to the positives.

Someone last night suggested that McGregor could have been marking a space, which as I understood it meant that the Czech’s could not exploit that space. Could someone more astute than me explain if that was actually the case, was he doing a vital job or was he anonymous?

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Am I right that the Czech’s will be in our group if we qualify?

I’d back us to beat them at Hampden which may in itself get us into the knockouts as a best 3rd place.

If we qualified our group would include the Czechs, Croatia and...England! 

7 hours ago, Londonwell said:

If we qualified our group would include the Czechs, Croatia and...England! 

I don't really like that way they've drawn the groups ahead of qualification being complete. Puts a dampener on it for me somewhat. 

100% record against the Croats, we have the Czechs on toast now, and there's no way our defence are getting beaten by England's jobber strikers.

If anything knowing the groups ahead of time just puts me in a zen-like state of relaxation.

100% record against the Croats, we have the Czechs on toast now, and there's no way our defence are getting beaten by England's jobber strikers.
If anything knowing the groups ahead of time just puts me in a zen-like state of relaxation.

Winning the group means we play the runner up of the group containing the winners of the last three major tournaments....

But that’s fine, because previously elite players like Mbappe, Ronaldo and Werner are absolutely no match for Andy Considine and co, the best defence in international football