Scotland v Czech Republic (UEFA Nations League)

King Kebab

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Fair enough, we're not quite San Marino but after 22 year worth of utter shite we're in with a bawhair of qualifying for our next major tournament and put ourselves in as good as possible chance of getting to the WC as well, we've won 3 out of 3, unbeaten in 8 and looked harder to beat than we have been since the Craig Brown era - It's not fucking bad is it?

Granted, it's not liquid football or easy on the eye - but beggars can't be choosers, surely?

Well we didn't really. We drew twice with Israel. And were lucky to do so.

Played against an understrength Slovakia, and 2nd half played well and deserved the win. They were crap in fairness.

Came up against a good not great team tonight and were lucky. Very lucky.

Listen if we beat serbia playing like this ill be delighted.

I think we will get found out tho, big time.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

Just now, BingMcCrosby said:

Played against an understrength Slovakia, and 2nd half played well and deserved the win. They were crap in fairness.

Came up against a good not great time tonight and were lucky. Very lucky.

If we insist on carrying passengers we will get found out

2 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Came up against a good not great time tonight and were lucky. Very lucky.

Maybe we will? They're significant favourites and rightfully so. It won't be a case of being found out for me though, it'd be the favourites triumphing as they should.

The rest of your post is just whataboutery to try and play down 3 cracking results - The performances weren't like 70s Brazil, but Clarke played to our defensive strengths and has us very workmanlike and grinding out results.

Edited by Ludo*1

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Maybe we will? They're significant favourites and rightfully so. It won't be a case of being found out for me though, it'd be the favourites triumphing as they should.

The rest of your post is just whataboutery to try and play down 3 cracking results.

Why would I play it down?

And all that without Robertson, Tierney, Cooper, Palmer, McKenna, Armstrong, Christie and Forrest.
Hmm.
It's Making me question which of those players could deliver the same level of industry and focus as those who saw out tonight's victory (moreso the ones who haven't been involved in the triple header at all)

3 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Came up against a good not great team tonight and were lucky. Very lucky.

Aye because we've been at full strength through all this 🙄

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Regardless of who's available for Serbia, I think it would be madness not to start with the Gallagher/McTominay/Considine back 3. 

All of them look comfortable with each other, and the job they're there to do. 

No fannying around with McKenna or Cooper or whoever, please. 

Anyone who would consider playing Considine in the LCB role over Tierney needs sectioned

I wasn't too arsed about it at the time, forgetting how big a game tonight was and thinking he'd earned himself a rest, but the more i think about Robertson (seemingly) getting booked to save himself for the Merseyside derby the more i think it's absolutely not what you're after from a captain. Tonight was probably the hardest game of the whole group. 

Edited by Fratelli

Just now, Fratelli said:

I wasn't too arsed about it at the time, forgetting how big a game tonight was and thinking he'd earned himself a rest, but the more i think about Robertson (seemingly) getting booked to save himself for the Merseyside derby the more i think it's absolutely not what you're after from a captain. Tonight was probably the hardest game of the whole group. 

Was that not to stop him missing the Serbia game if he got booked tonight?