Scotland v Czech Republic (UEFA Nations League)

King Kebab

2 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

So the tactic was be be under pressure the whole game? Give away clear chances in the middle of the box and hope they miss?

To be fair, that was Clarke's tactic at Killie as well. Only so long you can say it's just 'luck'. Aye, we gave up a chance that deserved to be punished and would have if it were a team with more quality, but every single game we've looked much improved on the previous one. We've won 3 out of 3 games and put ourselves in an excellent position to get a backdoor entrance into the Euros and the WC after that, by being in a commanding position at the top of our group.

Miles better than anything that's came before it. And it highlights the fine margins on international football because if we'd lost that penalty shoot-out last week, we'd be baying for Clarke's blood. As it is though, he's done fucking fantastic.

9 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Is nobody concerned about the way were playing and the formation?

We could have played that game like that 100 times and not won.

We were lucky as.

We going down this 532 road now, and I hope it works.

It doesn't look like its going to tho.

We also hit the bar and Ryan Fraser could have done a lot better with two other chances. We could easily have been three up in half an hour.

Just now, welldaft said:

Shut up u miserable Cnut. 

We have the same posters on Steelmen online. Look for the negatives every time. 

I have been going to watch Scotland at Hampden for 30 years. I have lost count how many times we have been unlucky losers. We may have rode our luck and unlikely we will dos so again v Serbia. But I am more confident that Clarke can get us there... 

Thats me, I'm the same as all the posters on "steelmen online" whatever that is. Exactly the same in every way.

First half was ok, second half was dire. We were so so deep, offering nothing.

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I mean, I knew Considine would probably be fine because he is fundamentally a good defender, but I didn't expect him to be quite as good as he was over the two games, especially tonight.

This formation suits Considine down to the ground. He doesn't have to move more than 20 yards in the whole game.

By the way, credit to McTominay tonight. He got ripped a new arsehole in the away game against the Czechs, but was a million times better tonight.

It must be big Andy's calm presence. 

Just now, GordonS said:

We also hit the bar and Ryan Fraser could have done a lot better with two other chances. We could easily have been three up in half an hour.

If we're totting up missed chances we would have been pumped.

If frasers chance had been put away it could have been a totally different game tho.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

12 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
12 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:
Is nobody concerned about the way were playing and the formation?
We could have played that game like that 100 times and not won.
We were lucky as.
We going down this 532 road now, and I hope it works.
It doesn't look like its going to tho.

Nope

8 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

So the tactic was be be under pressure the whole game? Give away clear chances in the middle of the box and hope they miss?

Relax Bing, stop pishing your frillies, it's what SC does and does it well btw.....

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Thats me, I'm the same as all the posters on "steelmen online" whatever that is. Exactly the same in every way.

First half was ok, second half was dire. We were so so deep, offering nothing.

The Motherwell Fans forum. 

You will b welcome on there. 

You are not entirely wrong in your assessment but try and enjoy the fact we have beaten a 30 year record. 

I wanted Clarke to get the gig. 

We were easy to beat before. Not now. 

Just now, Miguel Simao said:

While we were backs to the wall second half, I think we need to remember many of these boys have played nearly 300 minutes in the past week while the Czechs have been self isolating.

Also that a lot of these guys won’t be the first choice players. That’s no disservice to them, they’ve been excellent, but this is as much our B team as it is the Czechs. 

Considine really grabbing this opportunity with both hands, I thought he was solid again tonight.

Gallagher and McTominay also looking like they are developing a good understanding with each other.

Loved Jack’s performance tonight, he seemed to be everyone towards the end of the game clearing anything that came near him, winning goal kicks and staying calm on the ball to send us up the pitch.

Just now, welldaft said:

The Motherwell Fans forum. 

You will b welcome on there. 

You are not entirely wrong in your assessment but try and enjoy the fact we have beaten a 30 year record. 

I wanted Clarke to get the gig. 

We were easy to beat before. Not now. 

I dont have much interest in motherwell so ill give it a miss.

I wanted Clarke to get the job too. I dont think he played a back 5 for kille? Did he?

I just think there's more games to come, were trying to build a team. Build a system.

I dont think that tonight was anything to build on. Unfortunately 

2 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I suspect there’s little point trying to discuss the system but have a look at some of the analysis of his time at Killie and the system was all about how you could control the game without having the ball. The system made up for the technical limitations of the players, so you can make mistakes but the pressing of defenders on the ball, the deep lines, etc.. allowing you to try and make the opposition play where they don’t want to. What you have to accept though is that good players will always make chances to you need your keeper to be on it and a degree of luck.

2 minutes ago, Rscot said:

What I don’t like is the feeling I get that MacGregor is going to play no matter his performance, that’s shit for the team, morale etc.

Genuinely, shut the f**k up about Callum McGregor.

He didn’t have a great game tonight. We still won. Move on.

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Genuinely, shut the f**k up about Callum McGregor.

He didn’t have a great game tonight. We still won. Move on.

Piss off arsehole. When was his last good game for Scotland 

Edited by Rscot