Scotland v Czech Republic (UEFA Nations League)

King Kebab

Just now, DAFC. said:

How can you drop Considine after playing well the past two games? Same with Gallagher and McTominay? Just because Kieran Tierney, who is a left-back, plays for Arsenal?

I wouldn’t, I’d start the same team against Slovakia, but Jack in for fleck

Just now, Antiochas III said:

Aye because we've been at full strength through all this 🙄

That is a fair point, but we hadn't been quite stripped to the extent of Slovakia.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Because it's the Scottish way? I don't know.

I post on here regularly, and I'm usually one of the more upbeat positive posters. And hate the constant criticism of individual players.

All im criticising here is the formation and tactics. Not the effort or intention.

Im glad we won of course, but I think we're literally cruising for a bruising. As my old gran used to say. 

I think we could line up much better and a backs against the wall jammy win doesn't make me think otherwise.

If its the 5 hes going with i think he should play Tierney on the right rather than left of the back 3.

But I'd rather go back to the 4231 which we were doing well with. The early games playing that against excellent teams like Belgium and Russia give a false reflection. We were getting positive results playing like that at the end of the campaign.

33 minutes ago, ropy said:

A draw between Czechs and Israel and we win the league?

Definitely not. If the Czechs draw against Israel and hammer Slovakia, both at home, we would need at least a draw away to either Slovakia or Israel. Lose these both and we would blow it.  

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

How can you drop Considine after playing well the past two games? Same with Gallagher and McTominay? Just because Kieran Tierney, who is a left-back, plays for Arsenal?

You can't but it still won't stop some crying out for their inclusion when they are available....

The way I see it, guys like Christie, Tierney, McGregor etc..... They ain't used to having their backs to the wall and don't know how to handle the pressure, they've had it on easy street for so long.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Definitely not. If the Czechs draw against Israel and hammer Slovakia, both at home, we would need at least a draw away to either Slovakia or Israel. Lose these both and we would blow it.  

Only if it's goal difference rather than head to head that decides it. Anyone know what the first decider is?

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Is it decided on head to heads or on goal difference?

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I think it goes by head to head record, so we’d still go through.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Clarke is doing things that should have been done years ago, playing guys that are on great domestic form and not because of the club they play for.

Hats aff.

Did he bring guys in from SPFL because it is easier in the COVID world?

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They said 87-88 on the radio.

Fantastic. I know the fixtures are kinder since the Nations League involves playing teams around your standard but this is still a fair record to get to.

23 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

I suggest we never let fans in again.

Hey, I've been to see Scotland v CZ at Celtic Park and Prague in 99, Prague in 2008 and Prague in 2010...all defeats.

I missed the game in 2016 and (obvs) the 2 games this year...all wins.

I'm a Jonah...just don't me let back in again