Scotland v Czech Republic (UEFA Nations League)

King Kebab

A draw between Czechs and Israel and we win the league?
That would be lovely.

But i reckon at home the czechs will pummel Israel, and so we'll need at least 2 points from the 2 tough away games.

We could very easily screw this all up in November, as all 3 of the away fixtures will be very tough.

6 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
8 minutes ago, GordonS said:
And all that without Robertson, Tierney, Cooper, Palmer, McKenna, Armstrong, Christie and Forrest.
Hmm.

It's Making me question which of those players could deliver the same level of industry and focus as those who saw out tonight's victory (moreso the ones who haven't been involved in the triple header at all)

Robertson over Taylor obviously, I'd have Tierney, maybe McKenna over Considine and Gallagher, but there's not much in it. There's more time for the Leeds pair to show what they can do. Further forward... Dykes, Fraser and McGinn are undroppable, but McGregor and Jack will have to compete with Armstrong and Christie. We'll need to see who's on form at the time, and we've got much better options from the bench - I'm sure we'd all rather see Christie or Forrest coming on for Fraser than Paterson.

Guest bernardblack
Nah he'd just miss the next Nations League game if that was the case, the bookings don't carry to the play offs (as far as i'm aware).

He would’ve missed Serbia I’m sure.

I’d give him the benefit of the doubt here.

If he would be looking to not play in games he would’ve done so before now and avoided San Marino and Cyprus.

Don’t think he’s that sort of person.

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Robertson over Taylor obviously, I'd have Tierney, maybe McKenna over Considine and Gallagher, but there's not much in it. There's more time for the Leeds pair to show what they can do. Further forward... Dykes, Fraser and McGinn are undroppable, but McGregor and Jack will have to compete with Armstrong and Christie. We'll need to see who's on form at the time, and we've got much better options from the bench - I'm sure we'd all rather see Christie or Forrest coming on for Fraser than Paterson.

Lol, you play any combination of those 4 in midfield and we’ll be lucky to get a touch of the ball against Serbia

Edited by Rscot

2 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

He would’ve missed Serbia I’m sure.

I’d give him the benefit of the doubt here.

If he would be looking to not play in games he would’ve done so before now and avoided San Marino and Cyprus.

Don’t think he’s that sort of person.

I Don’t think he wants to miss games and won’t do so deliberately but if he has to get a second yellow and miss a game, then the one right before the Liverpool derby, after two games in a row (with one going to extra time) this was the one to miss.

Aye Patterson is such an uninspiring substitution. I know he has his strengths, but he just looks like a big fat shit compared to the others in the team.

What a difference it is having Dykes up top, only watched him a handful of times prior to the international call up but the thing that’s impressed me is his ability to get in behind defenders and stretch the game. Was lucky to stay on the pitch for that stamp but about time we had a big effective striker 

10 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Is be reluctant to bring McKenna in to the team. Tierney and Robertson will surely come in and I would have Cooper ahead of McKenna in the pecking order. Agree about the midfield and forward positions. McBurnie has proved a handy sub to bring on also. 

Book me in.

I’ll be seeing you there as well.

How can you drop Considine after playing well the past two games? Same with Gallagher and McTominay? Just because Kieran Tierney, who is a left-back, plays for Arsenal?