Scotland v Czech Republic (UEFA Nations League)

King Kebab

Just now, jamamafegan said:

Better than picking any old player from the English Championship cause they’ve got a Scottish granny like what we’ve done for the past decade. Getting solid players in like big Andy who gives 100% for the dandies and you know will give 100% for scotland is the way forward. Northern Ireland and Wales have shown us in the past what building a great team spirit can do.

I didn’t mean it as a criticism, far from it, they’ve all been superb. It’s like you say, we’ve so often had players from championship or wherever and players from these teams have rarely hd a look-in.

3 minutes ago, killieshire said:

You are right that we didn’t play a back 5 but the way the system was Dicker in particular would drop into the back line at times.

Shut down the channels, keep it narrow and compact and force the opposition to play around you on the outside was what he told us at the POTY dance iirc....

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

That is positive. Clean sheets and lucky breaks.

If we were say San marino. Or the faroe Islands. 

Fair enough, we're not quite San Marino but after 22 year worth of utter shite we're in with a bawhair of qualifying for our next major tournament and put ourselves in as good as possible chance of getting to the WC as well, we've won 3 out of 3, unbeaten in 8 and looked harder to beat than we have been since the Craig Brown era - It's not fucking bad is it?

Granted, it's not liquid football or easy on the eye - but beggars can't be choosers, surely?

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

He was last good for Scotland approximately 3 days ago, against Slovakia.

Yeah ok, he played for 15 minutes. If a player doesn’t perform he needs to be dropped for someone who will. You can bet your money that McLean will be unhappy and wondering why he’s on the bench. 

Would like to apologise for doubting Andy Considine.

Declan Gallagher has to start against Serbia.

McTominay actually might be able to play centre half.

Ryan Jack was the best player on the park.

John McGinn was John McGinn, sensational.

Best Callum McGregor has played for Scotland.

Lyndon Dykes, the Scottish/Ozzy Jan Koller

Ryan Fraser actually looks like the player that the English Premier League see

McBurnie good off the bench aswell.

Paul Hanlon gets a cap.

I’m not getting carried away but......we’re going to do it, aren’t we?

Just now, C4mmy31 said:

Shut down the channels, keep it narrow and compact and force the opposition to play around you on the outside was what he told us at the POTY dance iirc....

We’ve had the benefit of seeing his work first hand so it’s nice to see more people twigging to it.

Also, as much as Andrew Considine clearly hates Dundee after breaking his leg at Dens Park years ago and punishing us with hat-tricks what feels like every time he returns, I'm all aboard the hype train. What a guy. (I may or may not have considered him utter shite for many years)

Guest Bob Mahelp

Regardless of who's available for Serbia, I think it would be madness not to start with the Gallagher/McTominay/Considine back 3. 

All of them look comfortable with each other, and the job they're there to do. 

No fannying around with McKenna or Cooper or whoever, please. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

5 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

You know what i'm talking about, m8.

Absolutely furious Scotland won and a certain other team didn't.

Who is furious though? All people from from the south of Scotland? 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Regardless of who's available for Serbia, I think it would be madness not to start with the Gallagher/McTominay/Considine back 3. 

All of them look comfortable with each other, and the job they're there to do. 

No fannying around with McKenna or Cooper or whoever, please. 

I’d go as far as the same back 5 as Slovakia, with McGinn, Dykes, Fraser offering a threat. I’d start McLean and Jack in the middle.